Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Next season who would you like to see come in?

So then we'll have Nugent, Vardy, Kramaric, Ulloa, and this established Premier League striker who could easily be in the starting 11 up front, yet all season we've been lamenting the fact that we spent all pre-season attempting to bring in more strikers rather than strengthening the defence or bringing something new to the midfield. Nugent's had an impact on a lot of our great performances this season, Vardy's finally finding his feet in this league, Kramaric clearly has all the talent in the world and is one for next season, and Ulloa's proven he can score in this league despite his lengthy drought. Maybe if we're getting rid of Ulloa for somebody better this would make sense, then we'll have a front 3 of Nugent, Vardy, and Kramaric or this other striker.

My thoughts exactly. We're fine up front. We've got four good strikers who each offer something different. It's the one area that's pretty much sorted.

It's clearly the defence that needs the most work. Konchesky, Upson, Simpson and probably Morgan all should be replaced.

Concentrate on improving the defence.

DS - replace

RDL - upgrade

Konch - Replace

Upson - replace with Huth

Morgan - upgrade

Kasper/Hamer - upgrade with a true no.1

Then we can worry about other areas.

No new keepers-Kasper looks a lot sharper, as though he's finally realised he's droppable. Hamer a good reserve. Perhaps Schwarzer's only contribution will be coaching KS to take a cross-let's hope.

No new strikers (unless Benzema discovers a Leicester grandmother and comes on a free)-we have four options for max three slots, plus Mahrez and Schlupp.

New left winger as alternative/back up to Jeff - I like the idea of Johson-another Albrighton like character who I think we could get the most out of.

Adam is a good shout-relatively tough, experienced without being old, and decent set pieces... No one else in midfield unless we uncover a gem.

But most importantly-Simpson out, Morgan bench, Upson out, Konch either out or to the bench. Huth in, solid RB in (Trippier if poss), Was to stay, another CB (pref young) in, first choice LB in.

Defence is the key to kicking on-we've probably thrown 10-15 points away just from unforced errors, and a secure back line allows us to attack with confidence. Get a stable defence together and I think everything else falls into place.

No new keepers-Kasper looks a lot sharper, as though he's finally realised he's droppable. Hamer a good reserve. Perhaps Schwarzer's only contribution will be coaching KS to take a cross-let's hope.

No new strikers (unless Benzema discovers a Leicester grandmother and comes on a free)-we have four options for max three slots, plus Mahrez and Schlupp.

New left winger as alternative/back up to Jeff - I like the idea of Johson-another Albrighton like character who I think we could get the most out of.

Adam is a good shout-relatively tough, experienced without being old, and decent set pieces... No one else in midfield unless we uncover a gem.

But most importantly-Simpson out, Morgan bench, Upson out, Konch either out or to the bench. Huth in, solid RB in (Trippier if poss), Was to stay, another CB (pref young) in, first choice LB in.

Defence is the key to kicking on-we've probably thrown 10-15 points away just from unforced errors, and a secure back line allows us to attack with confidence. Get a stable defence together and I think everything else falls into place.

Not a lot to argue with here.

I don't think we need wholesale changes and I don't want to see six or seven players come in who are slightly better or the same standard of what we already have. 

We should only bring in a FW on a one in one out basis or if we feel we can get a potential worldie or something like that. We could do without a best part of £10,mill fifth choice striker.

Huth would be a good start as he would be cheap and our best centre back.

If we can get the quality then a central midfielder and maybe a centre back or right back.

Our second XI could do well in the Championship so I hope we only bring in players who are a big upgrade on what we have or young players who have great potential.

Ok,so if it was my call, here is what I would do.....

I would get rid of....

Konchesky

Upson

Hammond (like him a lot but don't see him getting much game time)

Wood (simalair to Hammond,I don't see him getting a game)

Knockhaert (being wasted on the bench,obv something is going on that we don't know)

I would bench.....

Morgan (making Cambiasso my captain)

Schlupp (make a great impact player and back up LB)

James (great back up CM)

I would sign.....

Huth (On a perm)

Van Dijk from Celtic (expensive but worth it)

Mulgrew from Celtic (great backup for LB,CB and CDM)

A first choice LB (no idea who,maybe a high profile loan)

Bakary sako from Wolves

A high profile,all rounded CM (would spend a bit of cash here)

Possibly another striker (Jelavic if Hull go down)

Obviously,doing this would cost a lot but I think that was always the plan, don't spend much the first season,try stay up and invest the next year....

Ok,so if it was my call, here is what I would do.....

I would get rid of....

Konchesky

Upson

Hammond (like him a lot but don't see him getting much game time)

Wood (simalair to Hammond,I don't see him getting a game)

Knockhaert (being wasted on the bench,obv something is going on that we don't know)

I would bench.....

Morgan (making Cambiasso my captain)

Schlupp (make a great impact player and back up LB)

James (great back up CM)

I would sign.....

Huth (On a perm)

Van Dijk from Celtic (expensive but worth it)

Mulgrew from Celtic (great backup for LB,CB and CDM)

A first choice LB (no idea who,maybe a high profile loan)

Bakary sako from Wolves

A high profile,all rounded CM (would spend a bit of cash here)

Possibly another striker (Jelavic if Hull go down)

Obviously,doing this would cost a lot but I think that was always the plan, don't spend much the first season,try stay up and invest the next year....

Christ, I hope you don't get a job for recruitment of players at the club.

Let's release our squad players on free transfers so we could spend good money on.................................... some more squad players.

Don't laugh but in my time I've played football management games and been very good at them. The basic principles are just the same, to improve you buy players better than what you already have. Don't waste valuable resources bringing in like for like that are no better than what you already have.

I'd like us to not renew contracts on players who aren't anywhere near the first team and bring in players that are a lot better than we already have or young players who could be potentially top players.

Concentrate on improving the defence.

DS - replace

RDL - upgrade

Konch - Replace

Upson - replace with Huth

Morgan - upgrade

Kasper/Hamer - upgrade with a true no.1

Then we can worry about other areas.

What do you see differently between upgrading and replacing these players? Would the reason we're replacjng them not to get in someone of a better quality?

What do you see differently between upgrading and replacing these players? Would the reason we're replacjng them not to get in someone of a better quality?

I'm not sure what he means tbh. For me it would mean getting rid of Simpson and buying a replacement who is an improvement on RDL with RDL dropping to back up. Same with Upson, get rid of him and along with Huth buy someone who will be our best CB, with Morgan dropping to the bench.

A few young French guys worth signing:

Florian Thauvin

Paul Ntep

Adrien Rabiot 

Morgan Sanson

Alphonse Areola - should make him our no.1 keeper for the next 15 years

Seb Corchia RB for the next 10 years. or Aissa Mandi.

Or youngsters with potential for our weakest spots:

LB - Georgi Schennikov

or a cheeky offer to Davide Santon whose out of contract this summer.

RB - Carl Jenkinson or Jon Flanagan or Mayke or Gotoku Sakai

Upgrade I'd keep them in the squad, replace I'd like them to be gone as I see no further use for them.

If we stay in the premiership then I'd like to see the following:

LB: Tyrone mings- no prem experience as of yet but has a lot of quality and a bright future

CM: Shelvey- pulls the strings for Swansea and is creative

CB: Ciaran Clark- a good solid defender

Christ, I hope you don't get a job for recruitment of players at the club.

Let's release our squad players on free transfers so we could spend good money on.................................... some more squad players.

Don't laugh but in my time I've played football management games and been very good at them. The basic principles are just the same, to improve you buy players better than what you already have. Don't waste valuable resources bringing in like for like that are no better than what you already have.

I'd like us to not renew contracts on players who aren't anywhere near the first team and bring in players that are a lot better than we already have or young players who could be potentially top players.

Who said anything about releasing players?

Obviously the first option would be to sell.

Also,the only player that I suggested buying that would be a squad player would be Mulgrew. And selling back ups for LB (Konchesky) CB (Upson) and CDM (Hammond) to replace them with a back up who can play all 3 positions makes perfect sense, in real life and in FM.

The rest of my suggestions would all be in with a shout at starting and in my opinion,are better than what we have.

Van Dijk is without a shadow of a doubt faster,stronger and more tactically aware than any other CB we have, the only thing he misses is experience which is why I would sign Huth.

Sako offers a better attacking option than Schlupp,without losing the pace,he also has a better final ball.

Jelavic has proven he can score goals in the PL for two seperate teams now and I would play him over Nugent,every day of the week.

https://www.clubcall.com/leicester-city/city-scouting-in-germany-again-1766896.html

I've seen Yussuf Poulsen on a couple of occasions. Looks a real talent, albeit a raw one.

Already played for the senior national team and didn't embarrass himself.

However, the price tags touted in Danish newspapers (around £7 mil.) suggest he would be an expensive gamble...

Archived