Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
suffolk fox

Konchesky time to call it a day

Recommended Posts

Posted

You were the one who said that Konch is too old.

 

You've made my point precisely, thanks.

 

Cambi is too old to be playing game in game out. Shouldn't have played or should have told management that he needs a game off. I'm sure they believe him when he says he has the fitness to play/finish games. 

 

Wow. You really are an odd one.

Posted

How miserable a person must you be to just focus on our best player and look to pick out and magnify any little fault you think you can find in him.

 

Please try to stick to the point and not make personal posts. You'll get me banned again when it's you being personal.

Posted

Wow, there's so much to say about this left-back matter. It seems to have been ongoing debate for pretty much the whole season. People are well within their rights to offer constructive criticism, and to an extent, many do. It's just becoming rather tiring and depressing now to see that so many people have such an irrationally negative view of Paul Konchesky. 

 

He is currently the 4th longest serving player in the squad (excluding Logan), he's also got the 4th most appearances of any current player. He's not a "joke" player, he is a "proper left-back", A quick Google search shows that he IS the most experienced current Premier League left-back. To label him as "absolute trash" is surely an over reaction. I understand that all that does is Paul Konchesky has had a great career but surely it shows that some of these comments seem to lack any substance. 

 

Specifically looking at last-nights match, from what I can make out, Chelsea started the second half with their two full-backs pushed right up the pitch. People have moaned in the past when Leicester have adapted their own game to nullify an opponent so Pearson's decision to remain narrow should be respected. Anyway, this ultimately left Konchesky vulnerable to the threat of Willian AND Ivanovic AND whoever else decided to wander over (like maybe the PFA player of the season). The absence of Andy King, a.k.a. Cambiasso's legs, meant that Konchesky was most often left isolated. 

 

People will question his lack of pace and yes, he's not as quick as our alternative options but then again, I do feel slightly sorry for him in this respect. He's obviously not as quick as he once was but the fact that the alternative left-back is Schlupp probably makes Konchesky's lack of pace stand out more. Schlupp is one of the quickest players in the league. When he plays, we expect him to keep up with Ramires, maybe our expectations of Konchesky get a little swayed by this? 

 

Finally, maybe I'm too optimistic but I don't panic whenever he's on the ball. Plus, I wonder how different this forum would be if his great effort at goal wasn't saved by the Petr Cech, one of the greatest goalkeepers in recent history. 

Posted

It was a great shot by Konch.

 

He usually scores at least one screamer a year.

Posted

Finally, maybe I'm too optimistic but I don't panic whenever he's on the ball. Plus, I wonder how different this forum would be if his great effort at goal wasn't saved by the Petr Cech, one of the greatest goalkeepers in recent history. 

 

You must be joking about not panicking whenever he's on the ball. Every time Konchesky turns to pass it across the box or back to the keeper, I have a mini stroke.

 

Fair point about Cech's save - if that was a different keeper that touch is going in and the game would have been slightly different - also interesting to point out how far Konchesky got up the pitch just to attempt a challenge in their box, he still has his legs, he's just not quick enough.

Posted

I like the signing.

Played great for us.

I'm not the one comparing him to a God, I'm saying he is goos with weaknesses that you can't see.

You'll have to excuse his god like status currently then. He has turned in top performances, some man of the match performances, with a lovely goal chucked in over the last 5 games that have seen us go from dead and buried to likely survivors.

Yeah, he's most people's hero at the minute and to people without an agenda, it's easy to see why,

Posted

You'll have to excuse his god like status currently then. He has turned in top performances, some man of the match performances, with a lovely goal chucked in over the last 5 games that have seen us go from dead and buried to likely survivors.

Yeah, he's most people's hero at the minute and to people without an agenda, it's easy to see why,

 

He's been good but not as good over that period as Huth or Vardy.

 

Huth is the man who has seen us go from dead to possible survivors.

Posted

You must be joking about not panicking whenever he's on the ball. Every time Konchesky turns to pass it across the box or back to the keeper, I have a mini stroke.

 

Fair point about Cech's save - if that was a different keeper that touch is going in and the game would have been slightly different - also interesting to point out how far Konchesky got up the pitch just to attempt a challenge in their box, he still has his legs, he's just not quick enough.

 

Obviously I'm not saying he's faultless. I makes mistakes, obviously, and sometimes they're pretty stupid ones but I think a lot of the time, he's put under unnecessary pressure by other players, namely Wes Morgan, who look to offload to Konchesky in silly areas of the pitch

Posted

Obviously I'm not saying he's faultless. I makes mistakes, obviously, and sometimes they're pretty stupid ones but I think a lot of the time, he's put under unnecessary pressure by other players, namely Wes Morgan, who look to offload to Konchesky in silly areas of the pitch

 

True, I just think you're an ostrich if you feel comfortable with Konchesky on the ball. You are daft if you really want to see Konchesky on the ball at all other than on the penalty spot.

Posted

Not good enough for this level. I'm absolutely gobsmacked that we're entering this summer with Konchesky & Schlupp as our left back options. Mid-table Championship level options.

 

Harsh to single people out yesterday though. They're just all-round better than us. Anyone would think they've spent hundreds of millions over the years.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

I don't have a problem with people questioning whether Konch is good enough anymore at this level. I don't think he's good enough anymore at this level. Generally.

But to kick him in the teeth again after last nights second half perfomance, which was about so much more than Paul Konchesky, is scapegoating.

Posted

Considering he's the most experienced player in the squad he shouldn't make so many basic errors. That tackle had me fuming, that's what you'd expect a really young lad to do on his debut not something from someone with England caps.

Posted

He was alright yesterday.

Don't know why people are so upset about this at this point in time. We haven't offered him a new deal or anything have we? I think everyone is aware that that position will be addressed this summer. For now, unless someone finds a suitable addition who is also a free agent, theres nothing that can be done about it.

Posted

Is this the latest scapegoating thread?

Babylon, take heed...

The fact is Konchesky had ZERO support in front of him in that second half.

Mourinho is a brilliant tactician, changed it up at half time, we couldn't cope with it.

After we conceded early in the second half, I posted 'NOW we see if we can defend as a unit'.

Unfortunately, we couldn't.

I assume Konch will be blamed for the third goal too?

How I saw it, that was another (albeit world-class) strike from the edge of our own penalty area, by a midfield player, which was completely unopposed.

For me, losing King and Huth mattered big time last night.

 

Remind me who just should have stopped fabregas just walking past him, allowing him to cut the ball back with no pressure whatsoever.

 

You really do talk some proper shit.

Posted

Serious question

 

Would Konch be good enough to play on the left side of a 3 with Jeff outside him ?

 

Just thinking if Huth is not fit what our options are

Posted

Despite him generally being a liability  - he was involved in a very positive peice of play against chelsea - almost scored and followed up by putting the ball back into the mix which almost lead to a goal.

Posted

Despite him generally being a liability - he was involved in a very positive peice of play against chelsea - almost scored and followed up by putting the ball back into the mix which almost lead to a goal.

You class is so half full it's spilling over the top. Nothing like finding a positive.
Posted

Erm you brought up the same old rubbish that has been spouted in here for more months. He wasn't replaced for one reason or another, move on...

It was only an answer in a related thread, and a correct point of view at that. Stop being so puerile.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...