Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Next Leader of the Opposition

154 members have voted

1. 1. Labour Party (v2)

• Andy Burnham
    • Yvette Cooper
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Liz Kendall

There's a tremendous amount of hand rubbing and barrel scraping in this thread from seemingly desperate individuals looking to be upset by abso****inglootly fcuk all.

bottom-of-barrel.jpg

Climb back out lads, the barrel is not your arses, the hypocrisy of some calling out Corbyn for this and that when your own party has done ten times worse from individuals with barely a notion of morals is hilarious.

What are these things that are ten times worse and why does that mean we aren't allowed to criticise? You've spent plenty of time, slating, scrutinising and hammering the tories for pretty minor things, if Corbyn or anyone goes against the grain its bound to attract attention. I seem to remember farage suffering the same scrutiny, less than a year ago. I don't remember you or many labour\liberals getting upset with his unfair press, quite the opposite in fact. Now your calling everyone hypocrites lol

Strokes make a good point here, without getting into hypocrisy again it's pretty unbelievable to see the same people who revelled in smearing Nigel Farage and UKIP for years now complaining that it's happening to one of their own.

The BBC continually allowed journalists to tell am audience they wanted to privitise the NHS and barely ever corrected them that it wasn't party policy despite knowing full well.

Even more absurd is some of the Facebook stuff I've read - the same people saying McDonnell shouldn't have to clarify remarks from ten years back are the same ones who were jelking when Question Time were giving Griffin he'll over things he said thirty years ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-loses-a-fifth-of-labour-voters-with-critics-already-plotting-to-oust-leftwinger-10508584.html

Not a great start to say the least, very worrying if even the lowest social class and public sector workers don't see him as PM material. Surely someone is eventually going to tell him he needs to broaden his appeal? You can't expect to win elections preaching to the converted everyday

Some positives though with the fact some Scottish voters may come back.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-loses-a-fifth-of-labour-voters-with-critics-already-plotting-to-oust-leftwinger-10508584.html

Not a great start to say the least, very worrying if even the lowest social class and public sector workers don't see him as PM material. Surely someone is eventually going to tell him he needs to broaden his appeal? You can't expect to win elections preaching to the converted everyday

Bit early to say anything on the broad appeal for me but at least his election as Labour leader will have Labour looking at itself and what it's members and the outside public want (whether they are the same thing or not).

Labour needed a shakeup they  had become unelectable. At least they've got that.

It's very early of course, it's a pretty stinking start though.

Most worrying thing for him on that is the amount of Lib Dem and UKIP voters who answered "strongly agree" to whether him as leader would be more likely to make them vote Tory next time around.

It's very early of course, it's a pretty stinking start though.

Most worrying thing for him on that is the amount of Lib Dem and UKIP voters who answered "strongly agree" to whether him as leader would be more likely to make them vote Tory next time around.

Worrying because they should be wanting to vote for Lib Dem or UKIP next time around.

The Lib Dems perhaps should look at themselves and realise that they have an opportunity here to make strides forward.

Saddest thing of all is that more than 50% of people couldn't tell you the name of the Lib Dem leader at this moment in time.

I think ultimately he'll fail but people should really give him more than a week in the job before battering the guy.

The Labour party has been fvcked since Blair left. Its gonna take a lot to get it back on track.

Will Corbyn be the man to do it? Probably not but it will definitely be more interesting than if Burnham or Cooper won.

He'll probably grab a huge chunk of the Green vote back as well, they weren't included in this poll.

Of course the big problem with that is generally wherever the Greens poll well Labour hold the seat anyway.

Read his shadow cabinet in full today and I do feel for him a bit, it's a hard enough job already without all your best MP's like Umanna, Jarvis, Hunt, Creasy etc refusing to serve under you as a minister.

It is a fair point to say he handled the whole national anthem singing badly, he could have easily defused the situation by responding immediately to the question and stating why, rather than let the press run riot before coming out with a perfectly acceptable explanation, but that leaves him open to accusations of taking his time to figure out the least damaging why to get out of this situation. Which is not great for someone who's success is based on him being an old fashioned decent politician.

This should have been put to bed quickly like the non story it is.

Speaking of non stories, he was criticised in the evening standard for not accepting a freebie ticket to England's opening game at the rugby world cup. Apparently he had made prior arrangements. What a cvnt!

It is a fair point to say he handled the whole national anthem singing badly, he could have easily defused the situation by responding immediately to the question and stating why, rather than let the press run riot before coming out with a perfectly acceptable explanation, but that leaves him open to accusations of taking his time to figure out the least damaging why to get out of this situation. Which is not great for someone who's success is based on him being an old fashioned decent politician.

Speaking of non stories, he was criticised in the evening standard for not accepting a freebie ticket to England's opening game at the rugby world cup. Apparently he had made prior arrangements. What a cvnt!

He could win me over by just putting Keith 'the money' Vaz in his place

That reminds me, if we don't like our anthem imagine how the Indians feel.

There's is a ode to one of our kings who occupied them.

Their's even.

That's the one I'm on about, Janna Ganna Magga or whatever it's called.

I just Google searched, it's quite controversial, it only includes the British owned provinces also, and doesn't include many other races of India. Just confirms further how messed up, segregated India really is

I'm sure I read the day after that he was thinking of his parents and that's  what occupied his mind but seemingly that wasn't  sufficient a reason.

I'm sure I read the day after that he was thinking of his parents and that's what occupied his mind but seemingly that wasn't sufficient a reason.

But there was still a lot of debate over whether he would sing the anthem in future, it felt like a long time before we got a clear response, and his ignoring the question in the street didn't help.

He could have handled it much better and just avoided a lot of unnecessary mud slinging.

Man from Newport tells Daily Mirror he doesn't like Tory leader.

Incredible.

You've spent the past week frothing over a left-wing man's choice of buttoning and his rudeness at not singing a song asking somebody else's imaginary friend to protect an unelected figurehead's right to rule over him, but heaven forbid someone call out a right-wing man for actually showing rudeness to a physical person in his presence.

You've spent the past week frothing over a left-wing man's choice of buttoning and his rudeness at not singing a song asking somebody else's imaginary friend to protect an unelected figurehead's right to rule over him, but heaven forbid someone call out a right-wing man for actually showing rudeness to a physical person in his presence.

I mentioned his button once or twice, I said he should sing the song but it wasn't something that offended me.

Most of my frothing was towards members of the cabinet he appointed and his refusal to answer questions despite saying he was going to oversee a new politics answering questions.

Just for clarity I think it's a non-issue, there are many ways a person can appear rude for benign reasons - maybe he was distracted thinking about important matters weighing on his mind for instance - he is the leader of a nation after all.  I'm glad we can agree that this sort of article is pointless and look forward to an end to the Corbyn fashion police.

Agreed, hopefully we'll see some policy soon.

Interesting to see the defence cabinet led by Maria Eagle, you would presume on that he's not going to be campaigning to scrap Trident.

Archived