Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Next Leader of the Opposition

154 members have voted

1. 1. Labour Party (v2)

• Andy Burnham
    • Yvette Cooper
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Liz Kendall

Agreed, hopefully we'll see some policy soon.

Interesting to see the defence cabinet led by Maria Eagle, you would presume on that he's not going to be campaigning to scrap Trident.

It would be a good starting point to convince people he's not a loon and may actually be electable after all.

Just for clarity I think it's a non-issue, there are many ways a person can appear rude for benign reasons - maybe he was distracted thinking about important matters weighing on his mind for instance - he is the leader of a nation after all.  I'm glad we can agree that this sort of article is pointless and look forward to an end to the Corbyn fashion police.

That sounds like a god-awful punk band, with a likely first single of "the queen can shove trident up her arse"

Man from Newport tells Daily Mirror he doesn't like Tory leader. 

Incredible. 

If you read the article he has also filmed other leaders. He said Corbyn offered to make him a cup of tea and Cameron never even said good morning. Who in your opinion is the most likable person? To me Cameron's attitude in that instance was ignorant. If it was once I'd understand but apparently he did it every day.

This is a post I have just seen elsewhere from someone that worked with Corbyn at his surgery.

I've helped at Jeremy's surgeries in the past . I can vouch for the fact that, he never leaves until the last person is seen. Not unusual for them to last seven hours and more. Being the person he is, always insisted on driving me home too.

If you read the article he has also filmed other leaders. He said Corbyn offered to make him a cup of tea and Cameron never even said good morning. Who in your opinion is the most likable person? To me Cameron's attitude in that instance was ignorant. If it was once I'd understand but apparently he did it every day.

This is a post I have just seen elsewhere from someone that worked with Corbyn at his surgery.

Politeness is a trait I really look for in a leader, its the only way to sort out the countries issues imo.

Politeness is a trait I really look for in a leader, its the only way to sort out the countries issues imo.

Politeness is a trait I expect from everyone. If I understand it right Corbyn turned down  a freebie ticket to a rugby game because he had  a prior arrangement which I believe constituency work which as an an MP is part of his job. To accept the offer he would have had to take a sickie. I cannot understand why he is being criticised for doing his job. Is a rugby game more important than helping people in his constituency

I hope nobody says it is.? 

Politeness is a trait I expect from everyone. If I understand it right Corbyn turned down  a freebie ticket to a rugby game because he had  a prior arrangement which I believe constituency work which as an an MP is part of his job. To accept the offer he would have had to take a sickie. I cannot understand why he is being criticised for doing his job. Is a rugby game more important than helping people in his constituency

I hope nobody says it is.?

That depends who he was helping, were they polite?

In fact I think Jeremy Corbyn has increased Labour membership by a large amount.

I know he is very popular with my friends down here, and he's my MP.

It's just a shame the media is so out against him, if you do not agree with him then fair enough but stop with the attacks.

I remember the right wing moaning about not debating policies and going for the man, same thing is happening with Corbyn.

This is actually quite amusing. There is now a FOI request for Cameron to prove that Corbyn is a threat to national security ashe stated. People are writing to him asking more details One asks why Corbyn has not been arrested.

All people are doing with these personal attacks are making themselves look foolish and the support that he has stronger.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sirajdatoo/the-corbyn-threat#.cggDL8MRj

Network Rail privatisation 'on the table'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34276868

Labour planning to renationalise railways 'line by line'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34306333

Policy differences. 

Would this mean people can afford to travel by train again?  If so I'm all for putting it back into the state's hands.

This is actually quite amusing. There is now a FOI request for Cameron to prove that Corbyn is a threat to national security ashe stated. People are writing to him asking more details One asks why Corbyn has not been arrested.

All people are doing with these personal attacks are making themselves look foolish and the support that he has stronger.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sirajdatoo/the-corbyn-threat#.cggDL8MRj

To be honest the more I found out about his abhorrent views the more I felt like he deserved arrest rather than to be made leader of the opposition. But hey ho, it's becoming clear that Labours (catastrophic) loss will be very much the Liberal Democrats and to an extent UKIPs gain.

Tories on between 40-42% in todays polls, great stuff.

Imagine if they also get the 2% holding party bounce and we still have shy Tories? We'll be talking levels of support for a political party we've not seen since the 50's.

Archived