Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Next Leader of the Opposition

154 members have voted

1. 1. Labour Party (v2)

• Andy Burnham
    • Yvette Cooper
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Liz Kendall

While undeniably horrific, this description has something of a poetic quality to it, with the peas representative of the discarded marital vows made by both parties.

John Major's nasal grunt as he takes Edwina Currie on a formica table covered with peas in a deserted Little Chef.

Is it really his job to hold to hold the PM to account though or to turn PMQ's into his own little radio/agony aunt show?

I'd imagine a lot of Labour members wanted the Prime Minister yesterday to be held to account over the trade union bill or the fact people are being robbed of tax credits, if he's going to do this every week Cameron may as well bring a cigar and a drink to the dispatch box, he should be facing Holding and Garner with the new ball and instead he's being served up dobbly medium pacers he can rotate the strik on. I bet he can't believe his luck.

lol Yeah ok.

Obviously it's his job to hold the PM to account - but who is he supposed to be holding Cameron to account for? The cuts to working tax credits should've be the major question, the unions possibly (there's not much in it that's actually a problem); but asking a few of the questions that the public want answered isn't a bad thing - I've only seen the clips on the news (I've got no control over the radio at work - I'll stick it on to R2 for popmaster and straight away it'll be changed to 1xtra or capital or some shit commercial music channel), but the concept seems fine, he could fo with phrasing it as people have asked me rather than sounding like a drivetime radio presenter reading out texts but that's about it.

I see 50,000 people have signed a petition stating the BBC are biased against Jeremy Corbyn

Or should that read: The BBC aren't printing or broadcasting exactly what Corbyn fans want to hear hence they think they're biased.

Notwithstanding that this represents what, less than 1% of the population, it's also baloney. I'm what you'd call a "BBC fanboy" (though it does itself no fvcking favours most of the time) so my reaction to this is mild hilarity. The BBC is left wing but biased against Corbyn. You couldn't make it up.

Anticipating the question is different from knowing the question before hand, it's up to Corbyn or whoever to ask a question he can't dodge or can't have a good answer to.

Saying Doreen from Leeds asks this is a bit poor to be honest. Corbyn is supposed to be leading the debate not acting like a phone in host on local radio.

No he's not.

It's PMq's

I see 50,000 people have signed a petition stating the BBC are biased against Jeremy Corbyn

Or should that read: The BBC aren't printing or broadcasting exactly what Corbyn fans want to hear hence they think they're biased.

Notwithstanding that this represents what, less than 1% of the population, it's also baloney. I'm what you'd call a "BBC fanboy" (though it does itself no fvcking favours most of the time) so my reaction to this is mild hilarity. The BBC is left wing but biased against Corbyn. You couldn't make it up.

The beeb left wing :lol: it's fairly centrist.

Is it really his job to hold to hold the PM to account though or to turn PMQ's into his own little radio/agony aunt show?

I'd imagine a lot of Labour members wanted the Prime Minister yesterday to be held to account over the trade union bill or the fact people are being robbed of tax credits, if he's going to do this every week Cameron may as well bring a cigar and a drink to the dispatch box, he should be facing Holding and Garner with the new ball and instead he's being served up dobbly medium pacers he can rotate the strik on. I bet he can't believe his luck.

lol Yeah ok.

When did that last happen?

It's a schoolboy rowdy bitching session that goes nowhere normally.

That's the way it is now, everyone hates Corbyn and nothing Corbyn does is Corbyn's fault.

Corbyn appoints Chancellor who wants to honour IRA members, steals sandwiches, gives high ranking job to woman he had affair with - nothing to do with Corbyn, right wing press, smear job.

Get used to it, it's SNP style cult politics and these people aren't going away anytime soon by the looks of it.

When did that last happen?

It's a schoolboy rowdy bitching session that goes nowhere normally.

Disagree and I've not missed a PMQ's for about 6-7 years (how sad is that btw?) - the people who moan most about PMQ's are often people like Ken who never watch it, it's just another lazy stick to bash politicians with and they'll use it whether it's true or not.

I love the noise and bluster that goes with PMQ's, political debate is supposed to be lively and passionate, it's not supposed to be like it was yesterday, if you want that you can watch politics in America where nothing gets said or done and politicians sit alongside lawyers in the senate making sure nothing they say could get them sued.

Ironically the SNP were the ones making the most of this and now they are the biggest grunters of the lot when Robertson gets called by the speaker.

Who historically has had the upper hand over the PM at PMQ's? Wasn't Hague pretty good?

Hague was very good, he was just up against the most eletable man ever to enter British politics.

The opposition leader usually has the upper hand, it's far easier to tell people what you are going to do rather than defend what you have actually done.

I thought PM's questions was a tad weak in terms of the Corbyn's cheap attempt to position himself as the voice of the people, then ask a simplistic question on behalf of 'Anne from Doesntmatterwhere' about housing that prompts the usual guff /stock/rhetoric response from Cameron who I was surprised didn't take the opportunity to ridicule Corbyn from the first opportunity.

It's a far cry from the quality of watching Hague and Blair spar.

I never said the statement wasn't true. It was literally word for word off a meme I saw floating around yesterday.

Blimey, a truthful meme, very rare.

Archived