Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Next Leader of the Opposition

154 members have voted

1. 1. Labour Party (v2)

• Andy Burnham
    • Yvette Cooper
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Liz Kendall

Isn't this what a MP is supposed to do? On the day  he missed a rugby game Corbyn was in his surgery from 2pm to 9pm (maybe later) seeing constituents. I am sure they did not all come to discuss the weather or Coronation Street. Sure ultimately the questions he ask will also be the ones he thinks are more important as a Labour MP but they will also be ones that members of the public have raised with him and putting names to them will appear as if he is involving them.

Did he not say at the start of his first PMQ that this method had been done before in around 2005 and Cameron smiled and nodded in agreement?

He has said he wants to change the way politics is perceived by the public because of the growing apathy and mistrust of MP's. In that respect regardless of his left wing views it is a refreshing change. In five years time there will be a lot more 14-16 years old eligible  to vote and it will be interesting to see who captures them. There will also be the 16-25 year olds and students living in private rental sector. Groups Corbyn will want to attract  by offering something different.

Corbyn does not want his MP's to engage with the public at election time. His election campaign will be non-stop which I welcome.

Was thinking about PMQ'S today and anyone think Corbyn will be slightly gutted?

He's made a song and dance about how serious and policy based this should be, if ever there was a PMQ'S to take the piss today would be the one of all days.

He's made a song and dance about how serious and policy based this should be, if ever there was a PMQ'S to take the piss today would be the one of all days.

If Corbyn is the man that he made out he is the his principles will never allow him to feel that. He might would be contented with the fact that the press is off his back for a bit. 

He could veil a jibe in a question about the inclusiveness of politics or private education but I don't think JC would even stoop just even a little low to do it, plus he'll want to ask about welfare or refugees and stuff.

Sent my questions to Corbyn as well for PMQS. Doubt they'll be read out though.

And now a question from MattP of Foxestalk Leicester, Mr.Cameron do you think that male MPs should be castrated if they don't do their top shirt button up at all times?

No sarcasm at all.

You along with Leicsmac, Alf, Captain, Bilo etc are brilliant to debate with, enjoyable.

It's the lunatics now that seem to have gazumped you that are the problem. I'm getting death threats from the Corbyn clan on Facebook, it's bonkers.

I got quasi death threats from a couple of Foxestalk posters when I aired my views on Cambiasso last season!

The lunatics have taken over the asylum (Specials).

A left winger who doesn't resort to personal attacks as soon as they feel challenged? That'll be the daiwoo.

The forum just went to shit.

Sad day in foxestalk.

Corbyn has said  there is too much name calling and acting like schoolkids. From what I have seen he has not done personal.

It's a bit childish isn't it. Like being back at public school.

:rolleyes:

Never trust anyone who supports a team one hundred miles away from his birth-place.

He's a plastic

:(

I was born in London and have therefore been a plastic for 42 years.  :huh:  :unsure:  :dry:

Archived