Bettsj2 Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 I wouldnt want us to re-sign Hammond or Wasilewski. Simply because to progress as a Premier League outfit, we need to improve when possible. An ageing midfielder and defender who are out of contract I would suggest can be improved upon regardless of how well they have done this year.
Bugg Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege here's a list of players from other leagues who are out of contract. Some interesting names there.
cc_star Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege here's a list of players from other leagues who are out of contract. Some interesting names there. Funny ones too, I laughed at a Brazillian called Ralf
Big_Nige Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 I wouldnt want us to re-sign Hammond or Wasilewski. Simply because to progress as a Premier League outfit, we need to improve when possible. An ageing midfielder and defender who are out of contract I would suggest can be improved upon regardless of how well they have done this year. I can see why Hammond is dividing opinions but surely Was gets another year? It's a no brainer. Huth isn't our player (yet, fingers crossed), Upson will go and if we release Was we're left with Morgan and Moore. If we continue playing 3 at the back we'd need 5 capable centre backs in the squad. So by your logic we'd need to sign 3 in the summer. Can we upgrade on Was? Of course we can, but performance wise he's been as solid as a rock and definitely deserves another year in my opinion.
Footballwipe Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 In all seriousness, this thread has made me want to bang my head against a wall. Let's hoover up Premier League cast offs, cause let's face it with the exception of a few they're going to be cast offs for a reason, instead of investing in fresh, consistent talent that the scouting team have probably spent most of the season watching and compiling reports for. These lists are just for fantasists. There are maybe two on there (exclusing Cambi and Was) that would probably be decent, and they're instantly ruled out cause their wages would be about £70 and £100+k a week
fox766 Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Should of got cleverly last summer when nobody wanted him and people on here were saying he was crap and now he is playing well the same people are now saying they want him here and yes I would have him here any day but villa will surely secure his signature now.
ScouseFox Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 we shouldn't have got him last summer because he is fvcking shit
General Smuts Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Marcell Jansen Jonathan Mensah Heiko Westermann Sebastian Prodl Wouldn't mind any of those as squad options.
themistocles Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 John Walters? Not bad on a free? Jon Walters contract runs util 2016, media have it wrong
Munshi Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege here's a list of players from other leagues who are out of contract. Some interesting names there. Reinartz from Leverkusen would be very good, very unrealistic however.Mavuba from Lille would be a very good signing too.
Scotch Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Cambiasso and Wasyl to sign another year each and Huth on a permanent deal. The players from that list that I would take and can realistically see us getting are Garbutt,Wilson and possibly Cleverly (I'm still not convinced by him) Players from that list that I would take but think are unrealistic are Vlaar, Johnson and Milner. Other free players kicking about that I would take would be Sako,Sivok (I know we were linked in January) and M'Bia.
Lovejoy Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Would happily take Mulumbu or Yacob from The Albion. Will Everton really release Garbutt? Can't see it, but he'd be a no brainer for me too.
StanSP Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 why would anyone want Diaby? I guess our medical staff would. He'd keep them busy.
Bettsj2 Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 I can see why Hammond is dividing opinions but surely Was gets another year? It's a no brainer. Huth isn't our player (yet, fingers crossed), Upson will go and if we release Was we're left with Morgan and Moore. If we continue playing 3 at the back we'd need 5 capable centre backs in the squad. So by your logic we'd need to sign 3 in the summer. Can we upgrade on Was? Of course we can, but performance wise he's been as solid as a rock and definitely deserves another year in my opinion. My assumptions is that we sign Huth. Was has been excellent no doubt about it but the problem is the squad size. If you need to improve you need the spaces in your squad to do so. Giving another contract out to Was takes a space and restricts our improvement.
benpicko Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 why would anyone want Diaby? I guess our medical staff would. He'd keep them busy. Because he's a great player when he's fit and they're probably assuming we'd somehow work miracles on him just because we have a good injury record
lc4lcfc Posted 15 May 2015 Posted 15 May 2015 That we stand a chance of getting? Chelsea: Gael Kakuta Everton: Luke Garbutt Leicester: Esteban Cambiasso, Marcin Wasilewski Liverpool: Jon Flanagan Manchester City: Micah Richards, John Guidetti Manchester United: James Wilson Stoke City: Wilson Palacios Even some of those we'd be lucky
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.