LanguedocFox Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 I'm probabyl missing it completley, but I can only see Delaney? There's a few i'd take, but only ones who may be interested would be Garbutt (likely to sign a new deal however - as mentioned) and Walters (annoying player, but would be a great as an alternative to Vardy when injured etc). Would love Milner, Vlaar and Cleverly but that's never happening. No, sorry, it was my mistake. I could have sworn that Gareth McAuley was one of his, but he came way afterwards (Rob Kelly, I think).
desertfox2 Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Is Kakuta pulling up trees in Spain? He's not really lived up to his promise. Cleverley, yes but he'll go to Villa. Ings would be good but can't see it. Vlaar will go to a 'big' club. I'd take Richards. Milner would be awesome, build a team around him and Cambiasso in CM! It won't happen though. The rest are underwhelming Kakuta is having a good season at rayo. Finally getting a run of games and starting to live up to his promise. Would love it if we could get him in
David Guiza Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 No, sorry, it was my mistake. I could have sworn that Gareth McAuley was one of his, but he came way afterwards (Rob Kelly, I think). I try to remember as little from 04/05 to about 2010 as possible. Incidently, although he was torn apart by Vardy, I don't think he'd be the worse signing as a squad player. I'd be fairly happy with Huth, Morgan, Was and McAuley as the centre backs for next season - dependant on Pearson's opinion on Liam.
kingfox Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Some will renew contracts & some are far too unrealistic. Garbutt, Richards, Wilson are three I would take. I would not be surprised if we actually sign Wilson, if we don't go for another top striker.
Fox92 Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Be realistic. The likes of Milner aren't going to come. Could get in most teams in the division.
Babylon Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Don't you love this time of year when people mention signing completely unrealistic players. Milner
MC Prussian Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Don't you love this time of year when people mention signing completely unrealistic players. Milner People were probably saying the same last summer when the name of Esteban Cambiasso was floating around.
Reg Vardy Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Pearson was interested in Rosenior in his first spell here, then took him to Hull, then tried to sign him in his second spell here.....they seem to follow each other.......
Babylon Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 People were probably saying the same last summer when the name of Esteban Cambiasso was floating around. How did I know someone would say that. Cambiasso was 34 years old not 29. If Cambiasso would have received the sort of offers Milner most definitely will, then there is no way he'd be here now.
ScouseFox Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 he's been good for Villa this year you takin the piss pal?
MC Prussian Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 How did I know someone would say that. Cambiasso was 34 years old not 29. If Cambiasso would have received the sort of offers Milner most definitely will, then there is no way he'd be here now. Doesn't mean it can't happen though, does it? Also, the owners will have learnt from our lack of proper signings last summer and, alongside the management, will have already compiled a list of more suitable additions to strengthen the squad in key areas. All provided we stay up, of course.
ScouseFox Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Milner will never ever come here. What are you people smoking? Everyone in the prem would happily take him.
Will1981 Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Milner will never ever come here. What are you people smoking? Everyone in the prem would happily take him. plus I would guess he is on over £100k a week
Babylon Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Doesn't mean it can't happen though, does it? Well no, but signing Ronaldo could happen.... yet I know it won't. Just as we won't sign Milner who could probably take his pick from about 7 of the top 10 teams in the league. Also, the owners will have learnt from our lack of proper signings last summer I'm sure they have learnt that spending your time chasing unrealistic targets is a a mistake.
General Smuts Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Who would you try and bring in? PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT AT THE END OF 2014-15 SEASON Aston Villa: Ron Vlaar, Burnley: Danny Ings Chelsea: Gael Kakuta Everton: Luke Garbutt Leicester: Esteban Cambiasso, Marcin Wasilewski, Dean Hammond, Liverpool: Jon Flanagan, Jerome Sinclair Manchester City: John Guidetti Manchester United: Tom Cleverley, James Wilson, Stoke City: Jonathan Walters, Swansea City: Gerhard Tremmel, West Bromwich Albion: Youssuf Mulumbu, Claudio Yacob Would only look at those above and would doubt we'd be in the running for Vlaar, Walters or Cleverley.
Dan Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Walters id take, I thought Huth was a free too? Mulumbu is the type of midfielder we lack but has had injury problems. Jussi has back up to kasper? I wouldn't be surprised to see Stephen Quinn pop up as a squad player, weren't we linked last summer. That's a decent shout. Could see that.
theessexfox Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 If we don't get Huth then I'd love Hangeland. If he's fit then Mulumbu has qualities we could do with. Wouldn't touch anyone at QPR or Newcastle.
Wilson_6 Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 Darren Bent, Stephen Quinn, Glen Johnson, Micah Richards, Tom Cleverly, Jonathan walters, Peter Odemwingie, Yousufff Mulumbu
8starstriker8 Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 I would spend big on garbutt. He is rapid and plays LB. Oh and the times I have seen him play he can cross a ball
LCCFox96 Posted 14 May 2015 Posted 14 May 2015 I'd want us to resign Cambiasso, Wasilewski and possibly Hammond (dependant on the extent of James' injury). Luke Garbutt and James Wilson are probably two of the more realistic additions for us knowing NP's history of bringing in younger players. I wouldn't say no to Danny Ings, Ron Vlaar, Micah Richards or Tom Cleverly but I don't think any of them would come to us.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.