Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
4everfox

LCFC Foreigner Appreciation Thread

Joey g was crap, 

I'm really wondering about some people bringing up names like Gudjonsson and Gunnerlaugsson. I mean, if mediocre players like that are your benchmark, where do you put players like Berner and Wasilewski, let alone Cambiasso or Kaamark?

I'm really wondering about some people bringing up names like Gudjonsson and Gunnerlaugsson. I mean, if mediocre players like that are your benchmark, where do you put players like Berner and Wasilewski, let alone Cambiasso or Kaamark?

I think Wasyl is brilliant. I do, but I just thought Joey G shone in that team of utter dross and his half way line goal was something I always remember. Another name we shouldn't overlook is Nalis. His worldie versus Leeds was one of the best goals I can remember whilst being a Leicester fan. Only bettered, in my opinion by THAT overhead kick by...

MUZZY!!! :D

Do you not remember Gunlaugsson's worldie? Who can name the opponent it was scored against?

Do you not remember Gunlaugsson's worldie? Who can name the opponent it was scored against?

I remember him being pretty much largely slaughtered by the fanbase and him being largely considered a donkey (which he was). One goal does not make a player good.

I always rated Gradel, how come he left in the first place? Did he have a fall out with Pearson?

No, Pearson didn't want him sold, Lee Hoos sold him anyway & to a then rival. No doubt one of the creasons Pearson & Hoos relationship was so bad

No, Pearson didn't want him sold, Lee Hoos sold him anyway & to a then rival. No doubt one of the creasons Pearson & Hoos relationship was so bad

That's a real shame that is. Isn't Lee Hoos at Burnley now? If so that would explain their terrible transfer policy of spending, well, nothing.

I always rated Gradel, how come he left in the first place? Did he have a fall out with Pearson?

He handed in his own transfer request in 2010 - I suppose because he didn't get enough minutes at Leicester and because Leeds (with then-manager Simon Grayson) were keen on signing him on a permanent.

For whatever reason, he either wasn't rated by Pearson at the time or didn't fit his strategy.

EDIT: Just seen the Hoos reference above.

Archived