Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

That last sentence is stupidity at its finest. The plastics are already in, hence why me and many others could get tickets in the championship and league one but not the premier league.

One man's hardcore is another man's plastic.

The guy who flies to Belarus to watch a pre season friendly away to Dinamo Minsk and hasn't missed a City game home or away in 20 years might think the average ST holder is a plastic.

All clubs have fans ranging from the guy who would miss his kids wedding to go to a game to the guy who would go to the FA Cup final if he got a free ticket and was in London that day with nothing better to do.

We need to cater for them all.

The guy who flies to Belarus to watch a pre season friendly away to Dinamo Minsk and hasn't missed a City game home or away in 20 years might think the average ST holder is a plastic.

All clubs have fans ranging from the guy who would miss his kids wedding to go to a game to the guy who would go to the FA Cup final if he got a free ticket and was in London that day with nothing better to do.

I can agree with that like all of your posts on the matter of stadium expansion.

I'd love to cater for them all, if only it was that financially viable.

'If' we were to expand I'd want it done is such a fashion that it made the ground unmistakably Leicester City. Our current configuration is soulless, it isn't uniquely 'us'. Some intentional idiosyncracy would be needed, just whacking an extra tier on wouldn't be enough for me.

What's a 'plastic' anyway? Who invents and judges such matters?

A so called 'plastic' is a fan who only goes to matches and supports the team when we are successful, but a fan nonetheless. I think that's what it means anyway.

How can you say that.

I can't get to most games now so an ST is pointless.

Also I can not buy tickets. So if they increase it and I can get tickets am I plastic?

At the minute is estimate there's about 2000-3000 'real fans' (eurgh) that want tickets, talk of an extra 10,000 are going to be fans that are 'glory hunters' in a very loose sense of the phrase, some people get wound up by that :shrug:

At the minute is estimate there's about 2000-3000 'real fans' (eurgh) that want tickets, talk of an extra 10,000 are going to be fans that are 'glory hunters' in a very loose sense of the phrase, some people get wound up by that :shrug:

The extra 10000 have to be new fans. That is what we want. As with all clubs, supporting is an old mans preserve because of the cost, we need younger, less afluent people who will evolve into the wealthy old men. If we don't do this we run the risk of losing a generation of supporters who know only streamed games and hyperbolic Sky Sports presenting.

The plastics are already in, hence why me and many others could get tickets in the championship and league one but not the premier league.

Do tell us why you couldn't get tickets last season in the Prem if you're such a hard core fan?

I thought every game had match day tickets for sale if you weren't a STH.

Do tell us why you couldn't get tickets last season in the Prem if you're such a hard core fan?

I thought every game had match day tickets for sale if you weren't a STH.

They were either sold out or I couldn't get seats next to each other. I went to two matches all season because of it.

This season just finished was the first season I haven't been able to go to a match for over 10 years, every year in Championship and league 1 I went regularly but because I didn't get membership this season I stood no chance I can't understand how so many fans think there is not enough demand yet even games in the Championship like Watford in the playoffs we could have sold out 45000+

They were either sold out or I couldn't get seats next to each other. I went to two matches all season because of it.

Exactly, not everyone wants to go and sit on their own or make it an ordeal to get down.

We have to facilitate families and the casual fans.

The bigger the ground the better.

If the on pitch stuff is entertaining people will turn up in their droves.

Exactly, not everyone wants to go and sit on their own or make it an ordeal to get down.

We have to facilitate families and the casual fans.

The bigger the ground the better.

If the on pitch stuff is entertaining people will turn up in their droves.

I've got absolutely no problem with sitting my own but I will not let my son or my nieces sit on their own with a bunch of strangers. I don't get why certain people find this so hard to understand. There has been a fair few on here quick to call people who don't / can't attend games plastic and fickle when they don't know the reasons why.

This season just finished was the first season I haven't been able to go to a match for over 10 years, every year in Championship and league 1 I went regularly but because I didn't get membership this season I stood no chance I can't understand how so many fans think there is not enough demand yet even games in the Championship like Watford in the playoffs we could have sold out 45000+

Plenty on here would say because you weren't a ST holder for the last ten years and sat through every home game of utter dross you don't deserve to watch us when we're decent.

In fact many of those would rather us play in front of 15,000 non plastics in the Conference.

I've got absolutely no problem with sitting my own but I will not let my son or my nieces sit on their own with a bunch of strangers. I don't get why certain people find this so hard to understand. There has been a fair few on here quick to call people who don't / can't attend games plastic and fickle when they don't know the reasons why.

I was a ST holder for about 8 years in the mid 1990's to early 2000's.

Because of working Saturdays I gave it up and only went sporadically for the next ten years. I ended up falling out of love with both football and Leicester.

Now my passion has returned and I want a ST but can't get one.

I'm sorry if my situation offends anyone.

Plenty on here would say because you weren't a ST holder for the last ten years and sat through every home game of utter dross you don't deserve to watch us when we're decent.

In fact many of those would rather us play in front of 15,000 non plastics in the Conference.

I completely agree, its pretty disrespectful to be accused of being plastic after some of the shyte I've paid to watch over the years. Before this season I was going to about 15 matches a year at a minimum, travelling away whenever I could additionally.

I think many on here would reasonably say that we have a finite amount of seats and that if they are distributed based on a equitable system which recognises regular support over recent years then that is the best option we have.

There will always be many who cannot attend for financial or logistical reasons, as long as those reasons are not exasbated by systems which penalise by incompentancy then complaints aren't justified.

If people cannot attend Premier games then there are alternatives such as early round cup games and u21 fixtures. Alternatively the money saved last season by being denied access could be put towards memberships for this season.

I was a ST holder for about 8 years in the mid 1990's to early 2000's.

Because of working Saturdays I gave it up and only went sporadically for the next ten years. I ended up falling out of love with both football and Leicester.

Now my passion has returned and I want a ST but can't get one.

I'm sorry if my situation offends anyone.

It certainly doesn't offend me mate. I wouldn't blame anyone who told me they lost interest during the dark years between 2004-2008. I almost did myself but I continued attending anyway because I was addicted and had the money and time for it. It certainly doesn't make you a 'plastic' supporter, you were not alone I'd bet there were thousands who lost interest during the noughties.

IF we waited 2/3 years to become an established Premiership side, the chances of us playing on sky will be higher which surely means more fans will stay at home to watch anyhow as it's cheaper? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Could you clarify what point you are trying to make?

Archived