Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Priority Points

would take a few seasons. think away support should be rewarded a bit better than it is really. like others have suggested maybe more than 1 point per game.

Other issue I wouldnt be able to do 23 as wouldnt be able to get tickets for 3 or 4 of the games. I get your point though.

I know it would take time, but as an example if they get 50 points this year for a season ticket and only did 3 aways, 53 points, if you get 50 points and get to 15 aways, 65 points, followed on next season you should be able to claw back 30 points on them over the coure of 2 seasons.

In defence of people on high points they got there by going away over the course of 2 or 3 seasons, doubt they would stop going next season, 

I know it would take time, but as an example if they get 50 points this year for a season ticket and only did 3 aways, 53 points, if you get 50 points and get to 15 aways, 65 points, followed on next season you should be able to claw back 30 points on them over the coure of 2 seasons.

In defence of people on high points they got there by going away over the course of 2 or 3 seasons, doubt they would stop going next season,

As someone said above. You could have had a season ticket in 14/15 and 15/16 and have been to every away game in last 2 years (if you could have got tickets) but you will still be behind someone who had a season ticket in 13/14 who NEVER goes to away matches.

As someone said above. You could have had a season ticket in 14/15 and 15/16 and have been to every away game in last 2 years (if you could have got tickets) but you will still be behind someone who had a season ticket in 13/14 who NEVER goes to away matches.

And that's how it should be. The person who had a season ticket in 13/14, 14/15, and 15/16 would have lined the pockets of the club more than someone who had season tickets in 14/15 and 15/16 and went to all the away games.

I'm in the boat of the second scenario yet I still think it's fair.

And the person who NEVER goes to away matches will still not go to any away matches so they are no obstacle to you.

The people ahead of me, you and quite a few others are ahead of me, you and quite a few others because they've been home and away for three successive seasons, to games in all weathers, to games against very limited opponents, to games that didn't sell out, to midweek games in far flung corners... They quite rightly in my opinion have a better chance of getting tickets.

And the person who NEVER goes to away matches will still not go to any away matches so they are no obstacle to you.

The people ahead of me, you and quite a few others are ahead of me, you and quite a few others because they've been home and away for three successive seasons, to games in all weathers, to games against very limited opponents, to games that didn't sell out, to midweek games in far flung corners... They quite rightly in my opinion have a better chance of getting tickets.

nobody is arguing different. people are just saying that situations change over time. maybe 4 years ago Mr X couldn't justify/afford/a season ticket. then 2 years ago they decided to prioritise it over a night out each month. they also go away from home when they can. now they want to start going away much more often but they're never, ever going to get the chance to catch up.

People who go home and away all season will be top of the tree whether it's based on half a season or half a century. like you said they always will go and always have been. they'll always be top.

Right now in the current system, anyone who wants to join "the elite" can't because they weren't part of the "elite" 3 years ago. All this talk of stadium expansion, new fans getting the buzz etc is great but there's no buzz like an away game, something some people will never even get the chance to try and get tickets for in the current system.

I don't think there's a totally fair system,

I suspect the club will always reward the season ticket holder more heavily than others and want us to renew year on year, so the system encourages us to do that, and as a ticket holder of around 17yrs I do feel that we should be given some points benefits for renewing year on year.

However, to receive 50 points for each and every year would be unfair...... I doubt the club will do that. Personally I think to award 50 points for each of 3 successive seasons is fine but beyond that maybe a token number of points should be awarded for the purchase of a season ticket?   

nobody is arguing different. people are just saying that situations change over time. maybe 4 years ago Mr X couldn't justify/afford/a season ticket. then 2 years ago they decided to prioritise it over a night out each month. they also go away from home when they can. now they want to start going away much more often but they're never, ever going to get the chance to catch up.

People who go home and away all season will be top of the tree whether it's based on half a season or half a century. like you said they always will go and always have been. they'll always be top.

Right now in the current system, anyone who wants to join "the elite" can't because they weren't part of the "elite" 3 years ago. All this talk of stadium expansion, new fans getting the buzz etc is great but there's no buzz like an away game, something some people will never even get the chance to try and get tickets for in the current system.

The overwhelming majority of ST holders don't go away and never will because it holds no interest what so ever for them. It really isn't that hard to get away tickets for the majority of games, if you're starting out you may well struggle with West Ham, Chelsea, Bournemouth and United but other that that you'll be in with a shout nearly every time. The two visits to Mersyside at Christmas should be easy gets, any midweek away too. People are worrying about something that wont be a problem.

The overwhelming majority of ST holders don't go away and never will because it holds no interest what so ever for them. It really isn't that hard to get away tickets for the majority of games, if you're starting out you may well struggle with West Ham, Chelsea, Bournemouth and United but other that that you'll be in with a shout nearly every time. The two visits to Mersyside at Christmas should be easy gets, any midweek away too. People are worrying about something that wont be a problem.

It's the people on 150-155 points that are irritating.. and there is probably 10,000+ of them. They can just decide they fancy Old Trafford/Bournemouth and get ahead of people who have been to 25+ aways over last 3 seasons with 2 ST. 

Want to do all 38. OCD thing. Denied by the system last yr. I accepted that. ****ed off I wont be able to this year.  Bournemouth will be particularly galling - only PL Ground I've never been. 

It's the people on 150-155 points that are irritating.. and there is probably 10,000+ of them. They can just decide they fancy Old Trafford/Bournemouth and get ahead of people who have been to 25+ aways over last 3 seasons with 2 ST. 

Want to do all 38. OCD thing. Denied by the system last yr. I accepted that. ****ed off I wont be able to this year.  Bournemouth will be particularly galling - only PL Ground I've never been. 

Bournemouth is that rare beast that I imagine supporters at all clubs will struggle to get to regardless of system. Again I doubt the 150-55 would bother with Bournemouth, there are 'odd' away games that everyone likes and then others which never appeal.

I've been to Milwall as a sell out and then Milwall huddled togeter for warmth, likewise Wednesday where it was bouncing and then Wednesday when you'd need a megaphone to speak to the nearest fan.

Want to do all 38. OCD thing. Denied by the system last yr. I accepted that. ****ed off I wont be able to this year. Bournemouth will be particularly galling - only PL Ground I've never been.

Totally agree. I reckon I had a season ticket for 25 years before I moved abroad then had the financial fall out of a messy divorce. For several of those years I went home and away. There was no 50 point bonus for having a season ticket 3 years previously in those days. You built up your points by having a current season ticket and gaining loyalty stamps from the previous & current season. It worked well. It was fair. It was transparent so I suppose inevitably it had to change.

No-one is arguing that those who go home and away should have the highest priority. What is ridiculous is someone who goes to the very occasional away match gets priority over those that go to as many aways as they can get tickets for

Totally agree. I reckon I had a season ticket for 25 years before I moved abroad then had the financial fall out of a messy divorce. For several of those years I went home and away. There was no 50 point bonus for having a season ticket 3 years previously in those days. You built up your points by having a current season ticket and gaining loyalty stamps from the previous & current season. It worked well. It was fair. It was transparent so I suppose inevitably it had to change.

No-one is arguing that those who go home and away should have the highest priority. What is ridiculous is someone who goes to the very occasional away match gets priority over those that go to as many aways as they can get tickets for

Yep exactly. This does cover the die hards well but it places way too much emphasis on Season Tickets. Last season I had no huge issue with it but to just keep rolling it on is ridiculous. 

Yep exactly. This does cover the die hards well but it places way too much emphasis on Season Tickets. Last season I had no huge issue with it but to just keep rolling it on is ridiculous.

Also agree, away priority should be for people who travel away, season ticket holders could be rewarded with something more fitting, for example a discount every 5th year, shop voucher, one free upgrade to the Lineker suite........

If you're a season ticket holder and don't go away what use is the 50 points anyway? Unless we get to a Cup Final those points are rendered useless and even then the allocation would be large enough for every season ticket holder, at least, anyway.

A fairer way of organising the priority may be to have members/season ticket holders with the most always from last season as priority 1 and then work down from there. Members must feel that they get a raw deal, if you were a member last season and went to most games then you will have put in a lot more then a season ticket holder anyway (often the argument from season ticket holders)

I personally didn't have a season ticket in 13/14 and now have 148 points, one season that I didn't have a season ticket and still being punished even now is ridiculous, as it was I thought I'd miss loads of games that season but in the end only missed 3!!

Surely the only fair way is to allocate one point per match regardless of whether it is home or away? Therefore a season ticket would give you 19 points.

I doubt the club will do this though, the present 50 point allocation makes purchasing/renewing the season ticket more desirable without costing them anything, Maybe they should consider reducing it to something like 25 points as a compromise.

How many years the points should be valid for is another matter, but in principle is one point per game not the fairest way?

Surely the only fair way is to allocate one point per match regardless of whether it is home or away? Therefore a season ticket would give you 19 points.

I doubt the club will do this though, the present 50 point allocation makes purchasing/renewing the season ticket more desirable without costing them anything, Maybe they should consider reducing it to something like 25 points as a compromise.

How many years the points should be valid for is another matter, but in principle is one point per game not the fairest way?

There are lots of ways the club could make it fairer. Give more points for each away. Give a bonus for having been to so many aways or your suggestion. But the will has to exist to do something. Jim does his best but others down there will not do anything.

There are a loyal group of supporters who go on as many away matches as they can but who just happened not to have a season ticket in 13/14 and remain behind others that rarely go away but just might decide to go to man utd, Liverpool or Bournemouth this year. The club seems quite happy to alienate them.

People didn't seem so bothered about priority points when we were in the championship

quite a few still did tbf and still questioned the old system of rewarding current STH. they've been had off by the club now even rewarding old STH over people who go aways.

They could actually be really clever here (but I doubt it) and have for example priority 1 (say) 200+. Priority 2 180 - 199. Priority 3 155 -179 and priority 4 115 - 154. That way non season ticket holders in 13/14 who have been to 15+ aways would at least get the same priority as 13/14 ST holders who rarely go away. But like I said, I don't think the club are bothered.

They could actually be really clever here (but I doubt it) and have for example priority 1 (say) 200+. Priority 2 180 - 199. Priority 3 155 -179 and priority 4 115 - 154. That way non season ticket holders in 13/14 who have been to 15+ aways would at least get the same priority as 13/14 ST holders who rarely go away. But like I said, I don't think the club are bothered.

The club should always reward season ticket holders first, they're the ones that put money into the clubs coffers rather than other clubs,

Archived