Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

Priority Points

Just to confirm I understand what's going on, we're now having 50 points awarded for having a ST in any of the last three seasons (so a maximum of 150 can be picked up in this way) and one point given for every away game you attended in the last four seasons including this one?

The club have altered the priority points system in some way every season. People are constantly left in the dark about what to expect and where they stand on getting tickets the following season.

I don't know about you guys but does anyone else think ONE point for an Away game is laughable!?

It's almost not worth handing them out at all, you'd have to go to 20 away games to get the same as you get for buying a £20 City Membership,

Surely 5 or even 3 would be more appropriate?

I agree. In effect, away games only really counted last season if you had had two season tickets.

I agree. In effect, away games only really counted last season if you had had two season tickets.

Wasn't that why they introduce the 50 points?

To reward the STH who had attended in the previous championship season, or you would have another 7000 STH on the same level as the majority of regular STH who don't travel very much. Thrus not giving them any lead over all the newcomers.

Not sure how many years they are doing it for or whether it might be a rolling total.

It's always going to be difficult and someone will always be miffed no matter what the club do.

I'll find out what their plan is for the current season and future seasons.

If you've got any suggestions of a priority system please let me know.

yeah not gonna lie i don't have any suggestions haha, can't please all of the people all of the time etc. 

just surprised it was a total that appears to be going forever, as like has been covered it's now impossible for someone who regularly goes to away games to catch up. ie. ST 13/14, ST 14/15 & ST 15/16 but never been to an away game is more points than 23 aways 13/14 but no ST, gets an ST for 14/15 & does 19 aways, & has an ST for 15/16. 

so you could've done every away for the past two seasons and had a season ticket for one, as well as having a season ticket for next season and still find yourself about 18,000th in the pecking order for west ham tickets. 

i know it seems harsh to just cast a season aside, but they've got to imo, or the whole system is pretty fvcked. the only way people not at the top can get tickets to aways at the moment is by using the reference of someone who is at the top. so the person at the bottom goes to the away, but gets no points, whilst the person at the top gets the points. so the rich get richer and the poor fall further behind. 

but that'll be the issue no matter what the system is, where the line is drawn etc etc. tough gig 

I think it does need an overhaul. IMO home league games should all be worth 1 point. So 19 if you are a season ticket holder (maybe a bonus 5 as a reward for being a STH). Home cup games 2 points. Midweek away games should be 2 points, 1 point for a weekend away game.

yeah not gonna lie i don't have any suggestions haha, can't please all of the people all of the time etc. 

just surprised it was a total that appears to be going forever, as like has been covered it's now impossible for someone who regularly goes to away games to catch up. ie. ST 13/14, ST 14/15 & ST 15/16 but never been to an away game is more points than 23 aways 13/14 but no ST, gets an ST for 14/15 & does 19 aways, & has an ST for 15/16. 

so you could've done every away for the past two seasons and had a season ticket for one, as well as having a season ticket for next season and still find yourself about 18,000th in the pecking order for west ham tickets. 

i know it seems harsh to just cast a season aside, but they've got to imo, or the whole system is pretty fvcked. the only way people not at the top can get tickets to aways at the moment is by using the reference of someone who is at the top. so the person at the bottom goes to the away, but gets no points, whilst the person at the top gets the points. so the rich get richer and the poor fall further behind. 

but that'll be the issue no matter what the system is, where the line is drawn etc etc. tough gig

I assume the thinking is that if you've never been to an away in the last two years then you're hardly likely to start now, therefore tickets will be sold to those on less than 150.

As someone on p1 (remarkable I know considering you've described me as hate filled and not a real supporter) I'd be happy for it to be just the last two seasons included. As with most things it's a gradual process, build up your points year by year and you'll eventually get there, most ST holders never go away but there is a weirdly loyal bunch of all ages, interests and attitudes who go all over watching the club. We tragically build up points by going to Milwall on New Year's Day, Doncaster in the depths of winter, Manchester in midweek, the games are no more glamorous, Birmingham could be Barcelona, Stoke the San Siro for most folks you see away. It's routine, habit, obligation.

Sat on a very healthy 206 points.

I won't be able to make as many aways next season but at least I know I'll always be able to get tickets when I can go which is a relief.

Has anything actually been released by the club yet on how priority points will work?

I enquired with the club the other day when I saw that my points had gone up by 50. Every STH has 50 added to their points tally and that will keep rolling on for the forseeable supposedly. 

Makes catching up impossible if it goes on endlessly. You'd hope they'd cap the number of ST at some point. 

Like others have alluded to the 1 point per away and 50 per ST means people with 3 yrs ST will always hold all the cards.  

Think its daft that they can just decide to go to Man Utd/Bournemouth/Liverpool  as their one or two away a year and take priority over people with 2 ST that have been to say 30 aways last 2 yrs. 

The people with the most points should come last, give other people a go.The new fans who sing with the clappers make more noise than the so called loyal away following ever has

lol you will get hung for that ha ha ha

But it's a fair point

The people with the most points should come last, give other people a go.The new fans who sing with the clappers make more noise than the so called loyal away following ever has

lol you will get hung for that ha ha ha

But it's a fair point

Mods, out of curiosity, please see whether these posters have the same IP address.

Their posts are very similar.

Mods, out of curiosity, please see whether these posters have the same IP address.

Their posts are very similar.

Nothing like a cyber multiple personality disorder.

I enquired with the club the other day when I saw that my points had gone up by 50. Every STH has 50 added to their points tally and that will keep rolling on for the forseeable supposedly. 

Makes catching up impossible if it goes on endlessly. You'd hope they'd cap the number of ST at some point. 

Like others have alluded to the 1 point per away and 50 per ST means people with 3 yrs ST will always hold all the cards.  

Think its daft that they can just decide to go to Man Utd/Bournemouth/Liverpool  as their one or two away a year and take priority over people with 2 ST that have been to say 30 aways last 2 yrs. 

If they only did 3 aways all season and you did 23 inc cups lets say, you would start to catch up. No?

If they only did 3 aways all season and you did 23 inc cups lets say, you would start to catch up. No?

would take a few seasons. think away support should be rewarded a bit better than it is really. like others have suggested maybe more than 1 point per game.

Other issue I wouldnt be able to do 23 as wouldnt be able to get tickets for 3 or 4 of the games. I get your point though.

Archived