Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Max Power

Theories?

Pearson Jr sacked. Senior Pearson doesn't like it. He forces them to bring Jr Pearson back, but fails. He throws his toys out the pram and gives an ultimatium to the board, in trying to call their bluff. He wrongfully misjudges the situation. Thus, he is sacked.

Heard from a fairly reliable source that it's this. Not hard to imagine either really.

Pearson Jr sacked. Senior Pearson doesn't like it. He forces them to bring Jr Pearson back, but fails. He throws his toys out the pram and gives an ultimatium to the board, in trying to call their bluff. He wrongfully misjudges the situation. Thus, he is sacked.

Heard from a fairly reliable source that it's this. Not hard to imagine either really.

This. 5Live just said something very similar from their sources.

Club officials raided his office and found King Power branded towels, bath robe, shower gel, shampoo, camcorder and a supply of condoms.

On a serious note, can't see the Okazaki signing being a factor. I think they re-evaluated the season as a whole, the Thai-gate situation and come to the conclusion Nigel will not give us European football in the time they would like. 

Surely if Pearson was unhappy about the treatment of James then the board would have asked for his resignation rather than sack him and pay compensation. Makes little sense in business terms. 

I believe they have been offered another manager who they believe can take the club further than Nigel can. 

Guest MattP

Surely if Pearson was unhappy about the treatment of James then the board would have asked for his resignation rather than sack him and pay compensation. Makes little sense in business terms. 

I believe they have been offered another manager who they believe can take the club further than Nigel can. 

Exactly. It just doesnt make sense that he would be sacked for kicking off about that, he would surely have had to resign.

I think they'd just decided as so many owners do that they know best, they've been wooed by a potential replacement a la Sven and have decided to take the plunge.

The only the plausible explanation for it?

I don't think the different "persepctive" of the club would have been about season objectives. They would have sorted that out with the board even before they broke up for their holidays.

IF this is the case (he's sacked because of #ThailandOnTourWithAllTheLads. Then Pearson (both of them) are clearly mornic and maybe it's best for him to go. Why kick up up a fuss about his son when he was clearly in the wrong? All well and good playing 'daddy's boy', but sometimes you have to go against that ... why he even thought he could complain to the board about the players' sacking his mornoic itself. It shows his arrogance (which is the number 1 personality trait other supporters see in Pearson but we don't :rolleyes:) Again, IF this is the case, it would be hard to blame the owners for their decision.

Correct, unless he gave the board an ultimatum? ... we'll have to purchase his autobiography when it becomes number1 best seller in the Works!

Hiddink, would be my answer for your last point ... :unsure:

If we're just chucking theories about....

We signed Okazaki, owners wanted to make a big deal of it (hence them flying in), but Pearson still had the arse about James and didn't show. Owners took offence and sacked him.

yeah this sounds plausible hence why he was allowed to sign okazaki and then sacked

Pearson signed a three year contract on 25th June 2014. My understanding is that if he was to get sacked within the first year, then he would be due a lot more compensation. Pearson wanted protection against being sacked after a few losses or something as happens in the prem.

This is why it has happened on the 30th June 2015.

The whole 'reinstated after being sacked' thing wasn't true.

He was told that he would be relieved of his duties at the end of the season.

He was being sacked (the media got that bit right) but they got the timing wrong.

Pearson knew he was a dead man walking, but he also knew that he would due millions of pounds for keeping us in the division (bonus)

There was no way he would resign.

Pearson told the players that it would be his last season in charge. I believe this had a lot to do with the great escape.

This has been planned for a long time.

Pearson will take a break from the game now. (well documented heart problems)

Guest MattP

Pearson signed a three year contract on 25th June 2014. My understanding is that if he was to get sacked within the first year, then he would be due a lot more compensation. Pearson wanted protection against being sacked after a few losses or something as happens in the prem.

This is why it has happened on the 30th June 2015.

The whole 'reinstated after being sacked' thing wasn't true.

He was told that he would be relieved of his duties at the end of the season.

He was being sacked (the media got that bit right) but they got the timing wrong.

Pearson knew he was a dead man walking, but he also knew that he would due millions of pounds for keeping us in the division (bonus)

There was no way he would resign.

Pearson told the players that it would be his last season in charge. I believe this had a lot to do with the great escape.

This has been planned for a long time.

Pearson will take a break from the game now. (well documented heart problems

Then why have they spent millions on his signings and why was he ringing up players like Christian Fuchs a month back to convince them to come here.

Then why have they spent millions on his signings and why was he ringing up players like Christian Fuchs a month back to convince them to come here.

Walsh and Shakespeare are staying here. Pearson taking break from game.

Here's my theory, for what it is worth: It's obviously something to do with his son.

Now, I wouldn't put it past Pearson to have stuck up for his son - I mean, he's a very loyal but stubborn person from what it seems. Would that explain why Shakespeare and Walsh are still here? ...and in temporary charge? It seems very strange that only Pearson has gone. 

If he has stuck up for his son, or tried to defend him or devalue the situation - that's pretty disrespectful to our owners. 

I assume this is why it took weeks to eventually sack the players. Never a dull moment, hey?

If we're just chucking theories about....

We signed Okazaki, owners wanted to make a big deal of it (hence them flying in), but Pearson still had the arse about James and didn't show. Owners took offence and sacked him.

Oo that's a good one.

Archived