Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Max Power

Theories?

In all seriousness, the fact that we're bidding £12million for ANOTHER striker does add to the idea that the owners may well be getting involved in transfers like Jace suggested.

I don't think the owners are naming targets but it suggests control had shifted from Pearson to the DoF and scouting team. Might mean Walsh will stay on and run that with Rudkin and we'll hire a first team coach.

I don't think the owners are naming targets but it suggests control had shifted from Pearson to the DoF and scouting team. Might mean Walsh will stay on and run that with Rudkin and we'll hire a first team coach.

Yeah, possibly so.

It's just worrying me that we're making bids without a manager because that suggests to me that the new manager won't have the final say on transfers. 

But surely you'd wait for him to be announced. It's not as if other bids are going for Austin so we need to bid now. I'm sure a lot of fans would much rather see a new manager before transfer bids go in. 

for Austin maybe but not for Kante as Marseille still want him but maybe he wants things sorting as soon as poss cause of pre season training starting next week???

for Austin maybe but not for Kante as Marseille still want him but maybe he wants things sorting as soon as poss cause of pre season training starting next week???

I get why we need to go for Kante, Walsh is obviously a fan and if he has his backing and with Marseille sniffing around then we need to get that sorted but the Austin bid just has me worried about who is sanctioning transfers right now. 

Until the last couple of years I've always been a bit of a pessimist, I was when Sven arrived and I was when Pearson returned but these last 3 or 4 days have got me so pessimistic about the coming season.

Yeah, possibly so.

It's just worrying me that we're making bids without a manager because that suggests to me that the new manager won't have the final say on transfers.

That's not necessarily a bad thing as long as the new manager knows that. Many clubs operate in this way nowadays. Klopp for example, an unrealistic target that many are keen on, would operate as a first team coach rather than getting involved with these things.

That's not necessarily a bad thing as long as the new manager knows that. Many clubs operate in this way nowadays. Klopp for example, an unrealistic target that many are keen on, would operate as a first team coach rather than getting involved with these things.

I know it's quite widely used nowadays, the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid have done it for years but after the Sven and Andrew Neville debacle I'd much rather see us stick with how we've, seemingly, been doing it for the last couple of years under Pearson. 

From today's developments this is what I reckon happened:

Hiddink resigned, Thai owners eyes lit up because of his stature in Asia and his big name appeal.

They called him/his agent Tuesday to see if he was interested and got given the green light.

Sacked Nigel without any sort of explanation and put a loose statement out allowing fans to read the worst into it in terms of where the fault lies.

Leak to the media that they haven't drew up a shortlist yet to seem like they haven't been sneaky behind Pearson's back.

Set the Wheels in motion today to allow the heat to be taken out of the situation to bring him in.

By mid next week Guus Hiddink will have signed a lucrative 2 year contract to be our manager.

Struggling to see it being anything but this.

I will give it a chance, but approach with caution. They tried something along these lines before and it went horribly wrong. Happy to admit I was wrong if I am.

We will see.

In all seriousness, the fact that we're bidding £12million for ANOTHER striker does add to the idea that the owners may well be getting involved in transfers like Jace suggested.

I can't reveal my source but this was Susan Whelans account of what had happened apparently

Or the new manager has been sorted and given the go ahead to make the offer??????

Or the owners have put in a big bid for a striker to deflect attention, give the impression that all is as normal and to appease pissed off fans.

I've been told today (unable to provide source) the reason why Pearson was dismissed today, now like all rumours we will have to take it with a pinch of salt I cannot be 100% its true, personally I believe there could well be truth in it because to me it explains what has happened much better than the current rumours circulating about it being about James Pearson. Anyway the story I have heard is that there has been bust up between Pearson and the owners over the potential signing of 3 new players this week, the owners wanted these players to sign and Pearson doesn't think they are suitable. It appears Vichai and Top feel Pearson is too difficult and stubborn to work with over a number of issues as the previous falling out was about Ulloa as they felt he should be playing and Pearson felt it should be up to himself who picks the team and his decision shouldn't be questioned. If this is genuine then I am 100% behind Pearson and to be Vichai and Top are out of order.

Well we are supposed to have bid for 2 today so maybe there is some truth in this?

So bidding 12m for a decent striker is bad? He's an improvement on what we have and I'd say up to 15m is reasonable price for him, like it or not that will be the going rate for us. They are making moves on Kante which was a long term target. Don't really see the problem here, if they want Austin as a marquee signing I would say we could do a lot worse.

Guest MattP

Or the owners have put in a big bid for a striker to deflect attention, give the impression that all is as normal and to appease pissed off fans.

Possible.

Also could be doing it to entice managers, good headline grabber for anyone thinking about the job if we look serious about bringing in 'top'/expensive talent.

Account of what?

Have a look what I posted yesterday mate I don't think many people read it on here I did post it as its own thread but whoever was modding the forum clearly didn't think it was very credible and moved it into the theories thread instead 

Didn't realise that, my bad, sorry Jace!

No worries I'll repost it again for those who missed it 

I've been told today (unable to provide source) the reason why Pearson was dismissed today, now like all rumours we will have to take it with a pinch of salt I cannot be 100% its true, personally I believe there could well be truth in it because to me it explains what has happened much better than the current rumours circulating about it being about James Pearson. Anyway the story I have heard is that there has been bust up between Pearson and the owners over the potential signing of 3 new players this week, the owners wanted these players to sign and Pearson doesn't think they are suitable. It appears Vichai and Top feel Pearson is too difficult and stubborn to work with over a number of issues as the previous falling out was about Ulloa as they felt he should be playing and Pearson felt it should be up to himself who picks the team and his decision shouldn't be questioned. If this is genuine then I am 100% behind Pearson and to be Vichai and Top are out of order.

Archived