Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Max Power

Theories?

I'd be very surprised if Walsh and Shakespeare were here for the start of the season, put it that way.

Really? Owners would have to sack them or they would have to resign. No other club will pay them what they earn here

Guest ttfn

It's also amazing how people believe that okazaki was pearsons signing lol

Yuki Abe was svens signing too yeah?

None of those English players we signed under O'Neill were his signings either.

Really? Owners would have to sack them or they would have to resign. No other club will pay them what they earn here

true...yet IF Nige was sacked to bring in a new manager, then that new manager will want to bring his own backroom team in, and if he wernt allowed to it would be a deal breaker.

The owners need to show some transparency and untill they do the fans have a right to be angry/upset at them. 

Just what does "fundamental difference in perspective" mean?

Was it to do with James Pearson?

Was it to with Pearson not wanting to spend any money to disrupt squad harmony?

Was it Pearson wanting to spend too much?

Was it to do with the board having too much say on transfers (Okazaki)?

Was it to do with last seasons results?

Was it to do with last seasons off field antics?

Until we get an answer (we probably wont) a lot of fans are going to be pissed off, you can't sack our most successful manager of the last decade without telling us why and expect us to go along with it just because you've splashed some cash. 

It has to be about the sex tape. Maybe the whores WERE laid on by staff at the hotel?

Pearson found it abit hypocritical that they sacked his son when these girls were provided indirectly by the owners/staff of the owners, and kicked off about it?

We'll probably never know the full story, but like has been said, it seems strange that they let him sign new players if they were already thinking about getting rid.

Christ.

That would be an interesting appointment. He is an ethical character, a charismatic leader of men and has a reputation as a miracle worker.

Also knows how to run a 12-man squad, though he hasn't been in management for nearly 2000 years. Remains very influential, though - and media pressure would be as nothing after experiencing crucifixion.

My only concerns are that he is known to have quite a forgiving attitude to prostitution, which could cause problems on future goodwill trips to Thailand - and then there are the potential father/son complications.

Time for his career to be resurrected?

Oh, dear! My heart isn't in this....  :(

That would be an interesting appointment. He is an ethical character, a charismatic leader of men and has a reputation as a miracle worker.

Also knows how to run a 12-man squad, though he hasn't been in management for nearly 2000 years. Remains very influential, though - and media pressure would be as nothing after experiencing crucifixion.

My only concerns are that he is known to have quite a forgiving attitude to prostitution, which could cause problems on future goodwill trips to Thailand - and then there are the potential father/son complications.

We only sacked him yesterday, no way he'll come back.

Made me laugh sir! :D

We only sacked him yesterday, no way he'll come back.

You could be right. He's already had a second coming, after all - even a third coming if we include the non-sacking a couple of months back. No lewd references to his son's activities intended there.

Pearson Jr sacked. Senior Pearson doesn't like it. He forces them to bring Jr Pearson back, but fails. He throws his toys out the pram and gives an ultimatium to the board, in trying to call their bluff. He wrongfully misjudges the situation. Thus, he is sacked.

Heard from a fairly reliable source that it's this. Not hard to imagine either really.

If this is true then he's very naively overestimated his position.

If the board cowered to this demand they they're losing all power and admitting NP is bigger than the club.

You only have to ask yourself Why was he defending his son over something his son his obviously guilty over.

That 'why' shouldn't be there, because we don't know that he did. One would assume he would have resigned if he felt unable to continue because of the situation with his son.

He was more than likely on a final warning after previous misdemeanours.

Kicked off about his son being sacked and got the boot.

Whilst he has worked wonders at our club and will always be remembered for the success we had under him. He is/was a ticking timebomb and if the owners are serious about our progression they may feel they need someone who is more media friendly and has managed at a higher level.

I will miss Nigel and will always remember what he has done for us. Just hope the owners get it right with their next appointment.

He hasn't been sacked because of what his son did as that would be illegal

He has more likely been sacked for his reaction to his son getting sacked in addition to a whole series of events throughout last season.

This decision will not have been taken lightly as the risks are huge but the Thais are no mugs.

The Club is bigger than one man

Nige is hugely loyal to his players, not just that twat son of his.

I doubt he would have wanted them sacked and hung out to dry the way the club did. Plenty of other clubs have stuck by players when they have done worse (not saying that is right - but its a fact).

If his opinion differed so hugely to the board then that is going to cause serious friction. We all know how much of an awkward fooker Pearson is and there is now way he would back down.

NP is hugely loyal, and in a misguided sense of loyalty didn't want his son to be sacked .... Seems the popular consensus.

I think it's a factor, but also think it's been planned - the timing is just plain weird and must be contractual / compensation related.

Signing of his new players .... I can see Cambiasso taking charge and Shakey etc staying .... so the new signings were still exactly their men. If we do have a manager that hasn't been party to the signings then it's strange indeed to be signing them before appointing a new manager.

Last week we do business with Mainz, a club the Klopp has very close links to.

A situation arises where Klopp says he will manage Leicester City.

Pearson sacked with the sex tape used as an excuse.

Klopp revealed as new manager at the end of the week.

Well, I can dream  :unsure:

Archived