Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Max Power

Theories?

The sacking was a number of reasons, the owners just simply had enough of it all and probably got sick of Pearson's bigheadedness in all this business. Maybe Pearson threatened board by saying "if you sack my son then you'll have to sack me too" and of course here's the result.

I think the incident in Thailand being the straw that broke the camels back is the most plausible.

What a horrible situation for Pearson to be in. Your job which you've made into something special, or your own son.

Afterall this is a "theroy(ies)" thread. So, what is your theory behind it?

I think the owners are stupid.

But sorry, I didn't even notice what thread it was in to be honest, I'm not in a great mood.

It's all to do with what happened in Thailand. Nothing more than that.

If that is the case, then my opinion of Pearson and Management, has hit rock bottom.

From both I would expect an higher level of business sense and professionalism.

NP is man enough not to let his sons stupid antics or misdeemers, effect his career .

I think the owners are stupid.

But sorry, I didn't even notice what thread it was in to be honest, I'm not in a great mood.

Don't blame you, I can see us going down this season: some nash manager who undoes all of Pearson's hard work. Sacked 10 games in and gets another nash manager (who he can't sack again due to the embarrasment of it).

I don't think we'll ever know the cause behind it.

Why would it be about Okazaki when Pearson has been open about them wanting him the last three windows?

Also as I said in the Okazaki thread the deal was done in Jan for us to sign him this summer.

Why would Nige kick off now when has Known since Jan we was getting him.

Don't blame you, I can see us going down this season: some nash manager who undoes all of Pearson's hard work. Sacked 10 games in and gets another nash manager (who he can't sack again due to the embarrasment of it).

I don't think we'll ever know the cause behind it.

Nothing like a bit of positivity lol

They have had all season to sack him but they choose a day before the Cambiasso deadline...

2 out of the Thai3 have found clubs except Pearsons Son...

Just signed Japanese attacker from Germany...

10-1 Cambiasso has said he wants the top job and the bosses are thinking we can sell him much better in Thailand?

7-2 The other 2 got their jobs and Pearson has pleaded for his son and rubbed the Thais up the wrong way? After all the must have been seriously embarrassed by it all.

Or

3-1 Villa really did offer £15m for Vardy and the Thais have accepted it and Pearson isn't happy with the Jap?

Multiples accepted

Also as I said in the Okazaki thread the deal was done in Jan for us to sign him this summer.

Why would Nige kick off now when has Known since Jan we was getting him.

Because the Thais are willing to cash in on Vardy? Maybe

Complete speculation but stranger things have happened in. Football!

Actually timing wise, I dont think its such a bad time.

If we get a new manager before the new season starts all well and good.

If there was a bad atmosphere, why let it linger and wait until after season begins.

Nige seems like the kind of manager that stands up for his players. It's usually a good thing, but this time it's not if it's about Nige being upset about the sacking of the Thai 3. If that is the reason, then the owners are 100% right, they had no other choice. Nige is a good manager, but we all know how awkward and stubborn he can be.

If we're just chucking theories about....

We signed Okazaki, owners wanted to make a big deal of it (hence them flying in), but Pearson still had the arse about James and didn't show. Owners took offence and sacked him.

If he's kicked up a fuss about his idiot son being sacked then I'll have lost a bit of respect for Nigel.

His son was bang out of order with what happened he should of accepted that he'd done wrong and got on with it.

I've a horrible feeling you're right about this.

- If the owners were just pissed off about the Thai hooker debacle, or saw it as the last straw, surely NP would have gone sooner?

- If they'd been planning his exit (e.g. with a replacement lined up), surely some of the signings / contract renewals wouldn't have happened? Not just Okazaki for £7m (apparently a player NP/Walsh had been watching for months/years) & Huth for £3m (a player brought in by NP), but Schlupp, Wasilewski - and wasn't even Hammond's contract renewed? These were all NP-approved signings/renewals,surely? Surely any new manager lined up in advance would have been given the option to sell Schlupp to help fund any purchases he wanted? And surely they'd have hung fire on (financially) minor decisions like Wasyl & Hammond?

If a replacement manager IS lined up, then presumably they'll be announced by the start of pre-season next week. But I tend to think that this is a sudden decision - and it's hard to look beyond NP showing discontent about his son's sacking.

If so, NP got that wrong. Even if James P wasn't involved in any racist/mysoginistic abuse, he was involved in conduct that brought the club into public disrepute - a sackable offence. I'll be massively disappointed if our club - and NP's career - has been damaged due to him arguing the toss (pun not intended!) about that.

I won't lose respect for him, though. He had a magnificent record here. Some other club will have a superb manager on their hands as a result of this fiasco.   :(

Maybe the ' differences in perspective ' are nothing to do with ambition etc. maybe it's just that Pearson thinks the off field stuff (FOAD, MacArthur, ostrich) are no big deal and Finally, he also told them that the Thai incident should not mean dismissal of the three.

They just didn't feel that they wanted this guy managing their club - too dangerous for them.

Whilst we can be angry about that, would you understand it if you were in their position?? I think Top ran out of excuses for him.

Archived