Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

This is just a thread about Neil Lennon

Lennon and Izzet were completely different players? Sorry, didn't realise, I'm new to football.

Didn't suggest Izzet was. Just expressing my thoughts on the two men as players for us. Apologies.

no worries. Who would you like Mr Silly?

Lennon is not anywhere near the quality required to manage a premier league team. I have met him on a few occasions and if the owners want a respectful type of person to continue to build their brand in the far east, not sure if he is the right person.

Plus IMO he was nowhere the best player to have played for city, say since the 90's. Unfair to go back earlier. Izzet was far more talented as were players like Heskey amd Guppy. To his credit, Lennon was very industrious and kept the midfield organised. For me one of his biggest talents was his ability to read the game and keep his position.

What about MON together with Lennon.

Clough and Taylor format comes into mind. Mon would bring the best out of Lennon.

The various lists of possibilities, this idea is the only one that would spark the imagination.

Looks like the fans are divided on Lennon..... Seems a perfect replacement for NP then!!!

Seriously, his lack of premier league experience should rule him out. He manages a crap team in the championship and he managed an average team in a crap championship.

We are a premier league team with rich owners and cash. We need to raise the bar. We need to stop acting like the little club. We should be going all out for hiddink, moyes, etc. forget these jokers like Lennon and cotteril.

The point being raised tho was best player.

Clearly lenny makes a list if best holding midfielder.

But if I ask you who the top 5 brazil players are does dunga make the list.

Many fine players offered many fine attributes in the MON era, but the key to Lennon in my book is that we unravelled after he left for Celtic. Remarkably we were top of the league under Peter Taylor when Lennon was still playing for us.

Not sure he's the best choice for us at the moment though as manager.

At first the idea of Lennon as manager (loved him as a player) had me worried. Now I've thought about it, I'd much rather we gamble on him than go for an Allardyce or anyone else who would "guarantee safety" and probably nothing more. Not saying he's my first choice at all, but I am warming to the idea a bit. He's also about the only candidate who'd get a good reception from everyone first game of the season. Just don't bring Heskey back in any sort of playing role

Never said we were. But the scouting knowledge adds up. Surly being a manger of Celtic FC is a big plus. MON left us to be Celtic manager

but much of this was due to his boyhood desire due to the political nature of the club. Craig Levein has been a successful manager in Scotland.

Do I need to say any more?

At first the idea of Lennon as manager (loved him as a player) had me worried. Now I've thought about it, I'd much rather we gamble on him than go for an Allardyce or anyone else who would "guarantee safety" and probably nothing more. Not saying he's my first choice at all, but I am warming to the idea a bit. He's also about the only candidate who'd get a good reception from everyone first game of the season. Just don't bring Heskey back in any sort of playing role

cool only another 50k people to convince. But who else is really out there?

the owners cannot gamble on this! the worry is that the passing of time or lack of risk free candidates will force their hand on making a gamble. For me, I think they know that if need be they need to throw money and a long term contract at the right man rather than settle for 2nd best

but much of this was due to his boyhood desire due to the political nature of the club. Craig Levein has been a successful manager in Scotland.

Do I need to say any more?

Levein never played for Leicester and was never a legend here.

Never said we were. But the scouting knowledge adds up. Surly being a manger of Celtic FC is a big plus. MON left us to be Celtic manager

You either are a distant relative of Lenny or have a massive bet on him being our next manager. No matter how you gloss it up his achievements in Scotland (largely Rangerless) are nothing to shout about. And his Bolton exploits don't give him any credentials to manage this club at this point in his career.

You either are a distant relative of Lenny or have a massive bet on him being our next manager. No matter how you gloss it up his achievements in Scotland (largely Rangerless) are nothing to shout about. And his Bolton exploits don't give him any credentials to manage this club at this point in his career.

Not a relative havent got the same hair colour. Just underwhelmed with the other choices especially big sam. Really want NP back but its not going to happen

Guest MattP

I would rather go to Syria than swop Pearson for Lennon, a Bolton fan I worked with once told me they would get their own back one day for us giving them Beckford, Mills and Danns, this would be it ten fold.

If we did actually do this Top and Vichai should be put in stocks at the clock tower and have rotten tomatoes thrown at them.

Me too. Met Walshy a few times hes not nice. Still my hero.

Bumped into him in undecided many years ago, behaved like a total tosser.

Levein never played for Leicester and was never a legend here.

what difference does that make? I was referring to your suggestion that O'neill moving to Celtic suggests that anyone who has managed Celtic should be a highly credible   candidate for Leicester.i.e Oneill left us for them (i.e a step up). My point was he did so for personal reasons and not because it is a step up (whether it is or not) and that managing and being successful in Scotland is no guarantee of success in england (hence Levein) 

it's an apples for pears comparison

I would rather go to Syria than swop Pearson for Lennon, a Bolton fan I worked with once told me they would get their own back one day for us giving them Beckford, Mills and Danns, this would be it ten fold.

If we did actually do this Top and Vichai should be put in stocks at the clock tower and have rotten tomatoes thrown at them.

Bumped into him in undecided many years ago, behaved like a total tosser.

my mate supports Bolton and is a very level headed positive 50 year old. He is patient and likes to give managers a good chance His words today.....

Please...please..please take him away from us! 

what difference does that make? I was referring to your suggestion that O'neill moving to Celtic suggests that anyone who has managed Celtic should be a highly credible   candidate for Leicester.i.e Oneill left us for them (i.e a step up). My point was he did so for personal reasons and not because it is a step up (whether it is or not) and that managing and being successful in Scotland is no guarantee of success in england (hence Levein) 

it's an apples for pears comparison

And my point is managing a club that plays in Europe every season and has a massive fan base is good experience. Im just a big fan as the next man but your not telling me LCFC is bigger than Celtic. They are one of the biggest and best supported teams in Europe

Guest MattP

my mate supports Bolton and is a very level headed positive 50 year old. He is patient and likes to give managers a good chance His words today.....

Please...please..please take him away from us! 

I actually thought he was being sacked anyway after the end of last season, imagine if we actually genuinely swop Pearson for a manager who was about to be kicked out by Bolton? lol You would just have to laugh.

Archived