Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

This is just a thread about Neil Lennon

He's too short!

In all seriousness, I see this happening.

I have supported Leicester since I was 13, but being frrom a Rangers family,I was brought up a bear before becoming a fox. So,I always favoured them in the scottinsh league. I however think Lennon has a lot of potential! Wether he is the right man for the position we are in,I don't know but I reckon that he will one day be a better manager than Pearson. Having said that, the guy is an utter pie and I'm apprehensive.

One thing is for sure,our team won't lack passion.

What I would also like to point out is this though, people questioning his tactical ability should keep on mind not only his record against teams like Barca but how he won that game in particular. Celtic won that game because of Lennons switch in tactics,mid game. Aswell as his subs!

He's too short!

In all seriousness, I see this happening.

I have supported Leicester since I was 13, but being frrom a Rangers family,I was brought up a bear before becoming a fox. So,I always favoured them in the scottinsh league. I however think Lennon has a lot of potential! Wether he is the right man for the position we are in,I don't know but I reckon that he will one day be a better manager than Pearson. Having said that, the guy is an utter pie and I'm apprehensive.

One thing is for sure,our team won't lack passion.

What I would also like to point out is this though, people questioning his tactical ability should keep on mind not only his record against teams like Barca but how he won that game in particular. Celtic won that game because of Lennons switch in tactics,mid game. Aswell as his subs!

And that is what I want from a LCFC team win lose or draw cant see that from any of the other candidates 

I actually thought he was being sacked anyway after the end of last season, imagine if we actually genuinely swop Pearson for a manager who was about to be kicked out by Bolton? lol You would just have to laugh.

I know! He is not the right man for us right now....ever

And my point is managing a club that plays in Europe every season and has a massive fan base is good experience. Im just a big fan as the next man but your not telling me LCFC is bigger than Celtic. They are one of the biggest and best supported teams in Europe

no i'm not saying that for one minute - I was just trying to point out the reason O'neill went there was not as straightforward as to a bigger club (which it is) and that at the time there were only  2 teams in Scotland and the winner of the league basically was who faired best when they played one another.

2nd point was that managing in scotland is totally different to managing in England - take your point re big club , europe etc but I think he is too much of a risk and unknown entity in the prem. we can't take risks with this appointment 

Bagworth Blue not Brainless Blue   ... although i have my moments 

no i'm not saying that for one minute - I was just trying to point out the reason O'neill went there was not as straightforward as to a bigger club (which it is) and that at the time there were only  2 teams in Scotland and the winner of the league basically was who faired best when they played one another.

2nd point was that managing in scotland is totally different to managing in England - take your point re big club , europe etc but I think he is too much of a risk and unknown entity in the prem. we can't take risks with this appointment 

Bagworth Blue not Brainless Blue   ... although i have my moments 

Fair comment. 

How would the no PL experience argument go if we were, for sake of argument, to appoint Klopp? People are rubbishing Lennon for not having the experience, but there aren't too many managers who would come here that do. Lets not forget that Nigel didn't either. I'm not saying Lennon is the right man for the job, its just the argument can go either way. Look at Mourinho or Wenger, they didn't have any either.

I'm unsure on Lennon as our next manager to be honest, I'd prefer Allardyce. I still think the owners should think big and try and get a big name like Klopp (o know everyone says he'll never come here and yes he probably won't but we can only ask the question).

Back to Lennon and some people on here are very harsh about his time at Bolton. I live in Bolton and most of my mates are Wanderers fans and say they'd be gutted if he left. He took over when they were in a mess both in league position and finances and he had no money to spend which meant he had to get freebies like Eidur and Heskey who to be fair both did a job. He started off well and bolton and their downturn in form was partly down to a massive injury list and no money to replace the injured players. He did a decent job with everything considered.

How would the no PL experience argument go if we were, for sake of argument, to appoint Klopp? People are rubbishing Lennon for not having the experience, but there aren't too many managers who would come here that do. Lets not forget that Nigel didn't either. I'm not saying Lennon is the right man for the job, its just the argument can go either way. Look at Mourinho or Wenger, they didn't have any either.

I see your point but Klopp has managed in a top European league. Lennon has managed in 2 leagues that are nowhere near the standard of the PL. I'm on the fence with this one though, there are worse names being mentioned (Cotterill, Dyche) and there are better names being mentioned (Allardyce, DI matteo)

Klopp and Lennon isn't even a comparison.

Klopp would be absolutely perfect in my opinion but there's a reason for that - and that's that he's too good for us.

I don't think it can hurt to try but I'll be amazed if we pull Klopp out of the bag.

This one wouldn't fill me with excitement However at Celtic he pulled off some amazing results in the champions league & from reading what others have said he did a decent job at Bolton. I would be happy enough to give Lennon a chance & it would also most likely mean we would sign Van Dijk.

Great playing cv, no argument, but he's not a very good manager, poor for Bolton and in an spl without rangers all Celtic had to do was turn up. Beyond that, if people think pearson was too abrasive... Last seasons pearson was practically Jesus compared to Lennons antics with Celtic. Huge no from me.

I think this is a pointless thread at the moment, should have saved this until after he was appointed.

Anyway, he's a nice guy and a legend to the club. However he's not ready for the premier greed just yet, just simply too much of a gamble. I'm hoping the owners will aim higher. 

For all the names we are being linked with as our next manager I wouldn't say no to Neil Lennon.

He does have experience of managing a big club in Celtic he does also have knowledge of playing in Europe he even has a famous scalp in the defeat of Barcelona in the Champions league. Ask Bolton fans what they think of him? They looked like relegation certainties when he took over as their boss and he guided them to comparable safety with having no funds at his disposal. He used a lot of youth at Bolton cos that's all he could do for them and it worked.

Some of the names we are being linked to and with are crazy and others are frightening.

Simple question really would you rather have Steve Cotterill, Billy Davies, Harry Rednapp or Neil Lennon?

There is no way the likes of David Moyes, Jurgen Klopp are going to come to little old Leicester. Even Sam Allardyce has tuned us down?

Of all the candidates we are being linked with I would welcome Neil Lennon.

I'm fairly certain I'd match Lennons SPL record, and my only experience is playing FM. 

Uninspiring for Bolton as well. 

The fact that Allardyce has apparently turned us down is depressing, don't even get me started on Steve "league one" Cotterill. 

For all the names we are being linked with as our next manager I wouldn't say no to Neil Lennon.

He does have experience of managing a big club in Celtic he does also have knowledge of playing in Europe he even has a famous scalp in the defeat of Barcelona in the Champions league. Ask Bolton fans what they think of him? They looked like relegation certainties when he took over as their boss and he guided them to comparable safety with having no funds at his disposal. He used a lot of youth at Bolton cos that's all he could do for them and it worked.

Some of the names we are being linked to and with are crazy and others are frightening.

Simple question really would you rather have Steve Cotterill, Billy Davies, Harry Rednapp or Neil Lennon?

There is no way the likes of David Moyes, Jurgen Klopp are going to come to little old Leicester. Even Sam Allardyce has tuned us down?

Of all the candidates we are being linked with I would welcome Neil Lennon.

If we can't attract anyone with any decent credentials then why sack the bloke who does. Yeah he is abrasive and they might have had a difficult working relationship but any decent employer would suck it up and realises actually he is the best you're gunna get and try to repair the damage.

No. Please no.

The guy's won 4 league games since mid-January. I know Bolton are shit but if he was anywhere near as good as Pearson, he would have squeaked a few more wins out of them. That's dire form

I remember a few years ago, Warnock was poised to take the Leicester job until the fans made Mandaric have a rethink. We need to speak up since the owners know we liked him as a player so would probably welcome him as a manager.

If we can't attract anyone with any decent credentials then why sack the bloke who does. Yeah he is abrasive and they might have had a difficult working relationship but any decent employer would suck it up and realises actually he is the best you're gunna get and try to repair the damage.

You like many on foxestalk board are missing the point over why Nigel Pearson was sacked. Having been to Thailand and the way a large proportion of people in that country have the faith of buddihism the culture and the beliefs of that nation coupled with our owners being held in high esteem in that country.

What then happened when on a end of season tour three young fools filmed themselves entertaining and racially abusing three Thai prostitutes for their sordid pleasure brought an indelible stain not only on the name of Leicester City Fc but the owners as well.

The fact that one of the ones involved was the managers son perhaps was the straw that broke the camels back. Nigel Pearson would have already been on a warning re his conduct over some of his escapades during the season. Rumours and some journalists Rob Dorsett of Sky have said Nigel was not happy over his sons sacking. Noone knows what happened in conversations between Nigel and the owners word is they did have a disagreement over his sons sacking. Hence why he was sacked his position becoming untenable.

People need to realise the significance of certain religions to particular countries. It's far more taken seriously then any in this country. No different to the group of students who took their clothes off at the top of that mountain thinking it was a huge joke. Shared it on social media and then couldn't understand it when they were arrested and felt the full force of judiciary in that country? The could have gone to prison for a number of years.

Nigel Pearson, proved me wrong last season. I was glad he did and we stayed up. People a lot on thisnforum remember the last incredible ten games. They conveniently forget the period from November to March when we couldn't buy a win and were bottom for so long.

He was a good manager for us but let's not make out he was so e sort of Messiah or Mourinho, Ferguson, Wenger. Cos he certainly wasn't.

Really?

Not many owners of large companies or football clubs for that matter keep a manager if they cant work with them regardless of how successful they are.

Is Nigel Pearson that exceptional in peoples minds that they think whatever has gone on (and lets be honest, none of us have any clue at this stage) it should be overlooked?

It's not like the Thailand thing is the only incident not just this past season but in his whole tenure.

Archived