Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

This is just a thread about Neil Lennon

Lennon must be getting the job...

Betfair is 20/21 

Or it could be the fact that people believe rumours and what they read in the tabloids, so they've put money on it?

If anyone was ITK, the odds wouldn't be that generous, betting would be suspended. It's still giving money away from the bookies point of view.

I really hope we aim higher than him. 

It seems like it will most likely be Lennon though. An appointment that does not give me confidence since he wasn't that great at Bolton. He'll be under immense pressure if we've not picked up many points by the end of August. 

Hasn't done anything to warrant a big, upwards-moving club like us.

Also, he seems to have a very short-temper in him, which could affect the players mentality.

So, hope it's not him tbh.

Lennon seemed to have a decent scouting system in place at Celtic? players like Wanyama, Izaguirre, Van Dijk signed under him on the cheap. Im guessing thats probably largely down to Celtic's own system though

can we change the name of this thread to

'The majority of us really don't want Lennon'

it's only cos it's likely the owners will make a fan appeasing appointment and given the junk in the papers where journalist are assuming cos of our connection, he would be a popular choice, I am worried they will get this seriously wrong! Take to social media buddies and spread the word!!! 

:D

Really hope this is true, as I'm looking forward to trolling the trolls if this happens. Expect rambling, incoherant calls for his sacking as soon as he loses a game, plenty of #LennonOut and lots of shouting down anyone who disagrees and decrying his fans as 'Lennonites'.

I hope, and think, we can do better than Lennon.

A lot of people only look at the Barcelona win at Celtic and assume he did a good job. He'd have been out of a job in 2 years if Rangers weren't in financial meltdown and he never won the treble that, in all honesty, he should have with the squad he had.

He's not really shown anything that suggests he's a decent Championship manager yet, either. He got them out of trouble with a very good run of form when he took over but he's now lost more games than he's won there, and only won 2 of the last 10 games there. 

If we do appoint him it just seems like the owners trying to win back the fans with a similar appointment to Pearce at Forest. He'll be getting the job on the strength of his playing CV rather than his management CV.

If he keeps Walsh and Shakespeare (highly unlikely) then it may well work out but there's nothing that's suggesting this would be the right appointment for the Football Club.

I'd be shocked if there's anything in this. It's clear we had no one lined up when Pearson got the boot on Tuesday night and a shortlist would be drawn up. It is now Thursday lunch time and people really believe we are close to appointing someone?

Knowing the owners as we do, they are bound to approach some big names on the off-chance they fancy it (Klopp, Hiddink etc) and they always offer it to O'Neill.

The odds are down to the recent articles saying he is the front-runner and some mentions in those articles that he would be interested (which have probably come from the man himself).

What was mons previous record before he joined us out of interest?

O'Neill's:

Team                          From                    To                           G    W  D   L   Win %

Wycombe Wanderers 7 February 1990 13 June 1995          112 52 32 28 46.43

Norwich City               13 June 1995      17 December 1995  20  9    7   4   45.00

Lennon's

Team                     From              To             G     W   D   L  Win %

Celtic                     March 2010    May 2014 228 159 30 39 69.74

Bolton Wanderers October 2014 Present    38    13   11 14 34.21 

O'Neill's:

Team From To G W D L Win %

Wycombe Wanderers 7 February 1990 13 June 1995 112 52 32 28 46.43

Norwich City 13 June 1995 17 December 1995 20 9 7 4 45.00

Lennon's

Team From To G W D L Win %

Celtic March 2010 May 2014 228 159 30 39 69.74

Bolton Wanderers October 2014 Present 38 13 11 14 34.21

That's actually not a bad win percentage at Bolton to be honest considering he's had to sign old free agents & bring through kids from the academy due to their financial state.

He is a Leicester legend so can't stand is a bit strong, I will always love the guy and what he did for Leicester I just don't want him managing our club

It is more his antics and boorish behaviour in Scotland that annoyed me. I agree he was good for us.

Imperative the club stays up next season with the financial rewards up for grabs, it is therefore utter madness to be employing an unproven manager at this stage, irrespective of how good he was as a player, Roy Keane anyone?

Stability is key, a team of Shakespeare/Walsh/Cambiasso would do nicely

For all these many many posters who are seemingly shuddering at the thought of Lenny as our next manager...if it comes to pass, are you going to support him?

Genuine question

I'll support anyone but Redknapp (nearly going to the wall financially once is one time more than I'd like in a lifetime thank you) and Wise/Warnock (obvious reasons) but it is an obvious step backward

What's the beef with Lennon and his supposed IRA links? I've never really bothered to read up on it but he's absolutely detested by some isn't he?

This is a very, very anti-Lennon piece by a Rangers supporters website but it goes through why he's not the most popular person even if it is a horribly biased... http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/index.php/articles/current-affairs/324-neil-lennon-the-bravest-man-in-scotland

Quite an interesting article that was. I forgot about some of the ways Lennon tried to influence referees, and nearly causing a referees strike.

I wonder how the owners would react if Lennon was to appointed, and he repeated some his horrible behaviour.

Off the field Lennon was found to have cheated on his partner with another woman while she was pregnant. He then sent a string of abusive text messages to the other woman, who he also got pregnant.

Is this true?

possibly....the irish ain't too up on contraception. 

For all these many many posters who are seemingly shuddering at the thought of Lenny as our next manager...if it comes to pass, are you going to support him?

Genuine question

As much as I don't think he's up to the job, if he's announced then of course I'll get behind him.

The only appointment I'd genuinely not back is Sean Dyche, and that's because of his comments in the Media about the club. 

Archived