Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Martin O'Neill

Let's remember that most of us wanted Pearson gone after Watford in the play-offs AND in February / March this year, certainly after the cup match at Villa. At no time in nearly 5 years did anyone want MON dismissed. His place in the history of the club is secure, whatever happens second time around.

I am confident with Martin, the worst we could possibly do is avoid relegation. It could be either an average season ending with us avoiding relagation, or an unbelievably good season with us finishing around 12th.

What we will get is someone who isn't coming purely for the money. He'll do right by the club and look after our interests as well as his. Yes, he's not Klopp, but I'd take MON over the other candidates any day of the week. You know you'll get a Leicetser side we are proud of week in week out with him, much like NPs sides. They can lose 3-0 and you're still immensely proud of the graft and 'never say die' attutide that goes on until the final whistle.

Bring it on, come home Martin.

Not sure, if this has been posted but

Great video first time i have seen this very somber feel to it.

Pat Murphy comes across as a right tw*t again for me (1m53s).

"Sunderland for a start"

Yes okay Pat, and where else?

I think Pearson would've improved on his 16th place this year too. But I don't know he would've done. If I had to bet the house on who would finish better in the PL, MON or Pearson, then I would bet it on MON.

It is a crying shame Pearson hasn't been able to finish the job he started, because none of us know how far he could've taken us. There is the possibility that last season's run and 16th place would've been the summit of his time here also. It can only now be guesswork.

Previously MON built on foundations laid by Little and McGhee. Does that diminish his achievements with us?

16th?

Let's remember that most of us wanted Pearson gone after Watford in the play-offs AND in February / March this year, certainly after the cup match at Villa. At no time in nearly 5 years did anyone want MON dismissed. His place in the history of the club is secure, whatever happens second time around.

Sheff Utd?

I'm no betting man but MON's odds are beginning to drift quckly on OddsChecker.

They're actually beginning to shorten again.

They were around the 1/8 mark lunchtime yesterday drifting out to 1/4 over the afternoon, this morning they have shortened back to 1/5 again.

Still look to be around the 1/5 mark.

Beat me to it.

A sign of emotional maturity is said to be the ability to cope with ambivalence, or conflicting emotions about the same thing.

For me, what O'Neill achieved here is already written into the history books.  It has happened and no manager since has come close to emulating it.  Some people believed Pearson would build a legacy to rival O'Neill and I hoped he would.  However now that questions must be consigned to the 'what might have been' drawer.

If MON comes back to Leicester, I have no doubt that with the foundations already laid and with money at his disposal, he will establish the club in the PL.  If things don't pan out as I hope, and if MON is a disappointment, then I can cope with that.

It does not change the period of my life when I was a young man and MON had us winning cups, on European trips and capable of beating anyone.

16th ????  Ya big retard !!!

:ph34r:  lol

I honestly think that MON in the advisory role that we apparently offered Hiddink with Lennon in the manager role and the backroom team we have already would be a success!

I'm not sure about MON or Lennon seperately but together I don't see anything but a mid table finish!

I think Pearson would've improved on his 16th place this year too. But I don't know he would've done. If I had to bet the house on who would finish better in the PL, MON or Pearson, then I would bet it on MON.

It is a crying shame Pearson hasn't been able to finish the job he started, because none of us know how far he could've taken us. There is the possibility that last season's run and 16th place would've been the summit of his time here also. It can only now be guesswork.

Previously MON built on foundations laid by Little and McGhee. Does that diminish his achievements with us?

We finished with 14th.

Archived