Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Android box experts i need some help.

I have an MX box but i have not used it for a while, i tried turning it on last night and it just sits at the initial loading screen with a weird kind of orange orb image floating around. It never actually gets to the dashboard.

Is there a way i can do a hard reset on it?

Not sure but this video may help? 

http://youtu.be/ffW6_Iu35kc

Edited by CKB
  • Like 1

Has anyone tried this app? I'm looking for somewhere to Watch ufc 205 in 3 weeks but don't fancy paying 50 quid for the ppv and risking a vpn through my xbox one and I know my brother in law won't accept anything other than crystal clear picture. Anyone know of an app that can help if this one hasn't been tried?

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-ufc-finest-kodi/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Foxy27 said:

you need to download the latest repo http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=207159

a valid subscription is also required alongside a vpn but it works a treat

Oh, I don't have any subscriptions, the website i use had a really good stream anyway this week, Kodi has been bollocks for ages, even for Movies and TV shows.  I was watching USS Indianapolis and 30 mins in it buffered and changed to Russian language with no subtitles. 

live tv is always hit & miss on kodi - better off with a subscription to an iptv provider.

A cheap one is MCKTV Sports who i highlighted earlier on in this thread but you can pick up an NBC one fairly cheap and they are pretty easy to find online . . .

8 minutes ago, Foxy27 said:

Do you use a particular build for Kodi? I would always suggest Wookie or even the MCKTV build is a good one - both have the right add ons for all the movies and tv shows etc you could need

My current build is Jarvis.

42 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Oh, I don't have any subscriptions, the website i use had a really good stream anyway this week, Kodi has been bollocks for ages, even for Movies and TV shows.  I was watching USS Indianapolis and 30 mins in it buffered and changed to Russian language with no subtitles. 

if you can't find movies or tv shows, you are doing something wrong as thats what kodi excels at 

if you haven't got it already i would use Exodus as thats what i use and have never had a problem using it and finding what i need

as for builds like wookie if you are using a amazon firestick i wouldn't bother as they just clog up the stick and makes everything buffer   

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

if you can't find movies or tv shows, you are doing something wrong as thats what kodi excels at

if you haven't got it already i would use Exodus as thats what i use and have never had a problem using it and finding what i need

as for builds like wookie if you are using a amazon firestick i wouldn't bother as they just clog up the stick and makes everything buffer  

Agree firesticks are not all that for Kodi - if you have that and do use wookie choose the "light" version to install

otherwise a build like wookie will have everything and more you need

Heard a lot of mentions of Amazon firestick but dont really know what it is as I have always been satisfied with Kodi on my PC. Can you use the stick on a PC and does it have Kodi on it? I cant get Kodi to work atm and if i get one i dont want to find out it wont work with a firestick either.

Now I have two laptops where the fault is the same. I have tried reinstalling resetting accelleration, different builds installing a codec. I even posted on a Kodi community message board. Got a reply from an admin warning me about downloading pirate addons because i said i wondered if it was blocked by Virgin because I could not think what the fault was. I assumed most of the addons are OK because Kodi give links on their site.

2 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Heard a lot of mentions of Amazon firestick but dont really know what it is as I have always been satisfied with Kodi on my PC. Can you use the stick on a PC and does it have Kodi on it? I cant get Kodi to work atm and if i get one i dont want to find out it wont work with a firestick either.

Now I have two laptops where the fault is the same. I have tried reinstalling resetting accelleration, different builds installing a codec. I even posted on a Kodi community message board. Got a reply from an admin warning me about downloading pirate addons because i said i wondered if it was blocked by Virgin because I could not think what the fault was. I assumed most of the addons are OK because Kodi give links on their site.

If you have any kind of parental/safe browsing set by your ISP provider switched on then turn it off as streams will get blocked on some add ons

2 hours ago, Rincewind said:

The stick will plug directly into your telly but you'd be better off with a box as they're cheaper and easier to set up.

Ok so there appear to be two options.

1)  Buy a box off Amazon and set it up yourself - roughly costs around £40.

2)  Buy a box off a supplier (such as StreamPro £80 or Infinity TV £150), they're constantly advertising on my FB feed, and they manage all the streams for you.

If money isn't the issue, which is the best way to go?

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ok so there appear to be two options.

1)  Buy a box off Amazon and set it up yourself - roughly costs around £40.

2)  Buy a box off a supplier (such as StreamPro £80 or Infinity TV £150), they're constantly advertising on my FB feed, and they manage all the streams for you.

If money isn't the issue, which is the best way to go?

You can get a box for about £25. Imo there isn't a lot to choose between boxes.