Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

38 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ok so there appear to be two options.

1)  Buy a box off Amazon and set it up yourself - roughly costs around £40.

2)  Buy a box off a supplier (such as StreamPro £80 or Infinity TV £150), they're constantly advertising on my FB feed, and they manage all the streams for you.

If money isn't the issue, which is the best way to go?

Like @Webbo said Buy one yourself for around £25 and set it up yourself 

3 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

You definatly don't want to be paying £150 for an android box. You can get decent enough ones for 30 quid

I paid £150+ for the nvidia shield and im very happy with it. Its so much better than the m8, amazon fire and mxq that i have also. 

I have solved the problem. It was how it was being played. I did as some suggested in tutorials and went to system - video =expert -acceleration and unclicked boxes but there is also a pull down menu at the top and changed it to run on software.

It works fine now. Just been adding stuff to my smaller laptop. Only got the basic on it but watching The walking Dead again via Exodus. Picture is a bit jumpy but prob just the stream. Already watched it but on a smaller screen.

I dont understand why it did not work. Maybe it was the Kodi latest version but I am sure I used it since it came out. The solution and problem  seems obvious now as it was on two laptops so it wasnt the PC.

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 19:47, jammie82uk said:

Like @Webbo said Buy one yourself for around £25 and set it up yourself 

I am fairly happy to do this but often it appears to be the case where things that work, stop working fairly regularly, and there are buffering problems.  Buying one of these advertised boxes comes with the promise that content is managed by them so it's always up and running.

I don't want the hassle of having to find workarounds every month just because a link stops running properly.

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I am fairly happy to do this but often it appears to be the case where things that work, stop working fairly regularly, and there are buffering problems.  Buying one of these advertised boxes comes with the promise that content is managed by them so it's always up and running.

I don't want the hassle of having to find workarounds every month just because a link stops running properly.

Yeah but these firms aren't exactly kosher. If you pay for these services and you're not happy with the service you can't go to trading standards.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

That's greats if that's what they are going to do, I doubt it highly they will because as webbo said you can't force them to provide that service

From what I've seen from box resellers not necessarily the websites you mentioned as I haven't heard of them before is that they preload with a build like 'wookie' and provide a link to their Facebook page and say if you have any questions then ask on there 

Hi, sorry for a really stupid question here, probably been over a million times already, could someone please recommend a good add on to watch the city games on kodi? I have sports devil, find it very hit and miss...(mostly miss...the first half, then watch a stream like a pirate movie from Malta in the 80's) and a couple of others that aren't the best, Phoenix, Robin Hood, etc! If anyone could recommend one that'd be great!!!

Wys

On 25/10/2016 at 21:08, Legend_in_blue said:

Even with the best will in the world they can't deliver what they promise. Plus it takes like 15 minutes to set up what they offer but better with a wizard to auto update. Invest in a good box by all means, if you have the internet speeds it's worth it but don't line the pockets of these crooks.

buy your box and PM I'll help you set up better than these preloaded boxes and it will take hardly anytime. 

14 minutes ago, Dennis118555 said:

Hi, sorry for a really stupid question here, probably been over a million times already, could someone please recommend a good add on to watch the city games on kodi? I have sports devil, find it very hit and miss...(mostly miss...the first half, then watch a stream like a pirate movie from Malta in the 80's) and a couple of others that aren't the best, Phoenix, Robin Hood, etc! If anyone could recommend one that'd be great!!!

Wys

MCKTV has been good for me this year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It's £3 per month for the premium but the free ones ok.

https://kodiapps.com/how-to-install-mcktv-sports-premium-service

he will give you a trial if you message him https://twitter.com/mcktv_kodi

There is no trials there haven't been for a little while now 

10 hours ago, Strokes said:

Even with the best will in the world they can't deliver what they promise. Plus it takes like 15 minutes to set up what they offer but better with a wizard to auto update. Invest in a good box by all means, if you have the internet speeds it's worth it but don't line the pockets of these crooks.

buy your box and PM I'll help you set up better than these preloaded boxes and it will take hardly anytime. 

Ok, cheers.

Which box would you suggest buying?  I'll probably go to Amazon for it.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ok, cheers.

Which box would you suggest buying?  I'll probably go to Amazon for it.

Depends what you are after quality wise, I had the m8 for two years and it was more than adequate but I've upgraded to the shield which is a great bit of kit and rarely stutters and has never crashed.

the t8s is supposed to be good, is probably go for that, if the shield is your cup of tea.

id avoid the fire sticks tbh.

3 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

HDTV are pissing me off.  Always buffering or streams dropping out.  Now he says I need a VPN despite never needing one before.

Crap.

Try cyberghost, at least it's free.

13 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

HDTV are pissing me off.  Always buffering or streams dropping out.  Now he says I need a VPN despite never needing one before.

Crap.

I always used to say how good they were but over the last few months there service has got worse and made it very difficult to find there streams on the menu. My subscription expired this week so paid £26 for the 6 month subscription with Sportsmania. I watched the game today and had several links to choose from and excellent quality. I watched the Liverpool game after and both were flawless