Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

Just now, AKCJ said:

And it's ready out of the box to do these things?

you have to download and set up kodi but its pretty easy, theres step by step instructions i could point you to if you got one. I worked it out and i'm rubbish with these kind of things.

Just now, RobHawk said:

you have to download and set up kodi but its pretty easy, theres step by step instructions i could point you to if you got one. I worked it out and i'm rubbish with these kind of things.

Smashing, you've convinced me to get one. :) 

2 hours ago, stix said:

Ok bud thanks

I've signed up to MCKTV this afternoon. 

I had the same problem you had, 'am I ordering the right thing?'  Like you say, it's a bit vague.  I thought it looked a bit dodgy

I signed up for a month - 1 host repository & it's up & running a couple of hours after ordering.  They'll email you a pdf with how to install & log in details,etc.

My initial impression is that it's actually better than Stealth Streams.  You used to have to pay extra for anything other than sport channels & MCKTV has all the sport channels plus movies & other stuff too.

The proof will be come match time, but so far so good

1 hour ago, pSinatra said:

I had the same problem you had, 'am I ordering the right thing?'  Like you say, it's a bit vague.  I thought it looked a bit dodgy

I signed up for a month - 1 host repository & it's up & running a couple of hours after ordering.  They'll email you a pdf with how to install & log in details,etc.

My initial impression is that it's actually better than Stealth Streams.  You used to have to pay extra for anything other than sport channels & MCKTV has all the sport channels plus movies & other stuff too.

I also ordered it this afternoon and I've had no email as yet.

1 hour ago, pSinatra said:

your buying illegal streams but your concern was a dodgy looking website, the website is set like that for a pretty good reason 

the quality you seen now is exactly the same you will see come match-day 

6 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

your buying illegal streams but your concern was a dodgy looking website, the website is set like that for a pretty good reason 

the quality you seen now is exactly the same you will see come match-day 

That's what I figured.  That they were incognito for a reason.

There's one thing I was wondering, as I'm a bit dim when it comes to stuff like this.  They offer 3 hosted repositories for a little extra.  Do they all have to be at the same IP address or can my old man tune in as well?  He would never pay for it, but he'd probably watch it if I was paying.

2 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

That's what I figured.  That they were incognito for a reason.

There's one thing I was wondering, as I'm a bit dim when it comes to stuff like this.  They offer 3 hosted repositories for a little extra.  Do they all have to be at the same IP address or can my old man tune in as well?  He would never pay for it, but he'd probably watch it if I was paying.

you can watch on how many different devices you like and in any location you like but only on one device at a time

you would need to send a ticket on the website stating you would like an extra login and they will be able to set it up for you and tell you the price

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

did you enter your email correctly?  have you checked spam? as email will be sent instantly with login details as soon as you paid

I've sorted it thanks. The email was on their website in my account. 

May sound stupid, but I am using the Kodi 17.0 krypton beta version, how do I save the Mcktv add on to favourites? It seems that each time I close the add on the only way to get back on is to reinstall through the wizard??

3 minutes ago, stix said:

I've sorted it thanks. The email was on their website in my account. 

May sound stupid, but I am using the Kodi 17.0 krypton beta version, how do I save the Mcktv add on to favourites? It seems that each time I close the add on the only way to get back on is to reinstall through the wizard??

i don't use 17.0 myself i'll gather the layout is similar to 16.1 so if you click on videos then add-ons it should be listed there with every other add-on you have installed 

you shouldn't need to install it every time

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

i don't use 17.0 myself i'll gather the layout is similar to 16.1 so if you click on videos then add-ons it should be listed there with every other add-on you have installed 

you shouldn't need to install it every time

Yeah it's not there. To be honest this beta is completely different to Amy other version I have used. Apart from this one problem I really like it.

But there is no video add on for Mcktv, only the wizard in the program add ons.

Sorry to be a pain in the arse.

4 minutes ago, stix said:

Yeah it's not there. To be honest this beta is completely different to Amy other version I have used. Apart from this one problem I really like it.

But there is no video add on for Mcktv, only the wizard in the program add ons.

Sorry to be a pain in the arse.

no your fine but sorry i just don't know what to suggest as i haven't used 17 before, you could maybe ask on the website by raising a ticket

10 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

no your fine but sorry i just don't know what to suggest as i haven't used 17 before, you could maybe ask on the website by raising a ticket

Yeah I have just done this I'll see what they say.

Thanks though.

Edit: They've got back to me and suggest I install 16.1 as they don't support 17 yet as its still in beta.

Grrrrr.....

Edited by stix

20 minutes ago, stix said:

Yeah I have just done this I'll see what they say.

Thanks though.

Edit: They've got back to me and suggest I install 16.1 as they don't support 17 yet as its still in beta.

Grrrrr.....

as much as that is frustrating i can understand why 

3 hours ago, pSinatra said:

Are you using the app or Kodi addon?

This is a link to the android app it works much better for me. Hope this is ok mods

http://mcktv.co.uk/kodi/AndroidAPKS/mcktv.apk

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Whats the best Kodi box available when you consider price and performance?

I got mine about a month ago off Amazon.  Get one with a wireless keyboard.  Around £40 inc. keyboard.  Make sure you get a box with latest version of android installed.  Mine only has 1gb ram but seems to be fine with that.

The kodi setup on mine was dodgy out the box, including links to adult content, so I wiped the lot, downloaded a kodi configurator, chose a build and it takes care of everything else for me from there.  It now auto updates all the links on load up.

Use it mostly for movies and TV shows, everything conveniently placed from one interface, in 1080p and free.  You name the movie, the tv show, it's there.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Are you using the app or Kodi addon?

This is a link to the android app it works much better for me. Hope this is ok mods

http://mcktv.co.uk/kodi/AndroidAPKS/mcktv.apk

I wasn't but I am now (after much arsing about).  I don't use the android box for anything other than Kodi & I never add anything - largely because it's too complicated for my little brain to understand & when I try to do anything new it rarely works.

It looks good & a lot better to find stuff than the add on.  Thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Strokes said:

Yeah you can put the app on the fire stick and it works well mate. I've put it on my dads.

Just got home and went to make a start on putting the app on the firestick, turns out when I downloaded Mcktv through the wizard it automatically created the app with it so happy days 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Whats the best quality for the sports channels available?

Watching Mcktv and it's not really all that.

What are you watching? I've found the 720p to be a little jerky on the sky channels on there sometimes. What size tv are you watching on? If I watch on my tv it can be a bit blocky but watching on my phone it's near perfect, even on some of the bein channels.