Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

New right back

352 was our best formation last season it doesnt mean it will be this season! With the players we have bought in plus mahrez and albrighton on the wing we look far better going forwards! Just need to tighten things up at the back and we sorted!

and you know this from the 0 games he's played at right back do you? Even the U.S. national team plays him right wing

Was excellent at Seattle, very good positionally - which de laet really is not - and had a good World Cup at right back, although I'd say his season at Seattle a couple of years ago would be a better way to judge a player, can never really trust cup performances

its the MLS, players that can't hack League 1 go there and become great players, RDL was brilliant defensively in the championship, which is a better level then MLS

Fair enough - I'm not so sure that the quality of the MLS is as poor as you think - I just think yedlin is a very interesting proposition! Particularly as I thought RDL was excellent going forward but not so great with players running in behind him, guess it's just a matter of preference!

Was excellent at Seattle, very good positionally - which de laet really is not - and had a good World Cup at right back, although I'd say his season at Seattle a couple of years ago would be a better way to judge a player, can never really trust cup performances

Seattle - would they win Division 2?

Fair enough - I'm not so sure that the quality of the MLS is as poor as you think - I just think yedlin is a very interesting proposition! Particularly as I thought RDL was excellent going forward but not so great with players running in behind him, guess it's just a matter of preference!

Bradley Wright Phillips has been a success in the MLS

It's "MLS", not "the MLS",  

In the same way that it's "La Liga" or 'Serie A".

but it could be "the players"

Bradley Wright Phillips has been a success in the MLS

wasn't he Dyer's shoplifting buddy?

Keep to RDL, I disagree he is a week link ( might change my mind by xmas, idiots prerogative).

I dont think he gets enough support, and gets caught trying to cover both outside and inside lines, not only Mahrez but Kingy or one of the other midfield players are not recognising the game situation.Coaches or CR need to pick up on it, if any one had noticed, it often happens also on the left, but DD, Schlupp, Albrighton have fallen back and covered.

So spend 50mil , we still would have the same problem.

Its not coincidence, RDL nor city seem to struggle, when Albrighton or King are aware, and creates RW cover.

BUT....lets not forget any fb gets skinned 2-4 times in a game, with any avg one two move with supported pressing from the opposition.

A fbks game performance notes is high, if he lets nobody at anytime get by.

When Vardy or Mahrez/Albrighton skin the opposition Fbks, we dont necessarily think they are bad Fbks.

IMO too many posters have agendas against individual players, when they hen pick often enough others get twitchy and notice more , EVERY single tick on that individual player.

I may be alone, but I reckon RDL is a good FB, if he was replaced then I hope not for any equal/ lesser player.

Keep to RDL, I disagree he is a week link ( might change my mind by xmas, idiots prerogative).

I dont think he gets enough support, and gets caught trying to cover both outside and inside lines, not only Mahrez but

Kingy or one of the other midfield players are not recognising the game situation.Coaches or CR need to pick up on it,

if any one had noticed, it often happens also on the left, but DD, Schlupp, Albrighton have fallen back and covered.

So spend 50mil , we still would have the same problem.

Its not coincidence, RDL nor city seem to struggle, when Albrighton or King are aware, and creates RW cover.

BUT....lets not forget any fb gets skinned 2-4 times in a game, with any avg 1.2 with supported pressing from the opposition.

A fbks game performance notes is high, if he lets nobody at anytime get by.

When Vardy or Mahrez/Albrighton skin the opposition Fbks, we dont necessarily think they are bad Fbks.

IMO too many posters have agendas against individual players, when they hen pick often enough others get twitchy

and notice more EVERY single tick on that individual player.

I may be alone, but I reckon RDL is a good FB, if he was replaced then I hope not for any equal/ lesser player.

No-one is saying we should sell him but we need another RB.

Archived