Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

New right back

Keep to RDL, I disagree he is a week link ( might change my mind by xmas, idiots prerogative).

I dont think he gets enough support, and gets caught trying to cover both outside and inside lines, not only Mahrez but Kingy or one of the other midfield players are not recognising the game situation.Coaches or CR need to pick up on it, if any one had noticed, it often happens also on the left, but DD, Schlupp, Albrighton have fallen back and covered.

So spend 50mil , we still would have the same problem.

Its not coincidence, RDL nor city seem to struggle, when Albrighton or King are aware, and creates RW cover.

BUT....lets not forget any fb gets skinned 2-4 times in a game, with any avg one two move with supported pressing from the opposition.

A fbks game performance notes is high, if he lets nobody at anytime get by.

When Vardy or Mahrez/Albrighton skin the opposition Fbks, we dont necessarily think they are bad Fbks.

IMO too many posters have agendas against individual players, when they hen pick often enough others get twitchy and notice more , EVERY single tick on that individual player.

I may be alone, but I reckon RDL is a good FB, if he was replaced then I hope not for any equal/ lesser player.

I have read some utter garbage in my time on FT but credit to you as that certainly makes the top 10

Take it you haven't watched the goal from Sat ?

I have read some utter garbage in my time on FT but credit to you as that certainly makes the top 10

The one where mahrez gave the ball away on the half way line then didnt track back?

none of us know exactly what mahrezs instructions are but he doesnt give rdll much 

cover, same against spurs, and to be fair gradel is no slouch.

So I write an opinion, you class as garbage, I dont really care, you might of interested me if you had answered with an

argumentative statement or remark.

I have seen forwards miss sitters, top FBs make terrible mistakes, CBs get turned. So what, if you want to take that illogical

stance, look at the Bournemouth game, take a look again how many decent tackles he made, look how Huth and Morgan were

turned twice.Go back to his last 4 games the good tackles, he prevented the oppositions quicky getting by.

Of course he will get beaten, its part of the game, city have given away over 60% possesion, I keep poking you

fella, you'll fall over eventually ......into the garbage probably..!!

Disappointing no new RB or at least cover at RB -don't include Benny he is a liabilty, he nearly cost us again in the last second at Bournemouth with a crazy challenge in penalty area that on another day could easily have been a pen.

I think this fact alone will mean we will be scrapping for prem safety rather what could have been a promising fight for mid table or even better.

17 mins to go so let's hope I'm eating my words but I'm not holding out much hope.

So I write an opinion, you class as garbage, I dont really care, you might of interested me if you had answered with an

I have seen forwards miss sitters, top FBs make terrible mistakes, CBs get turned. So what, if you want to take that illogical

stance, look at the Bournemouth game, take a look again how many decent tackles he made, look how Huth and Morgan were

turned twice.Go back to his last 4 games the good tackles, he prevented the oppositions quicky getting by.

Of course he will get beaten, its part of the game, city have given away over 60% possesion, I keep poking you

I for one agree with a lot of what you have said, I would also accept that RDL did himself no favours with his defending for the goal on Saturday, but neither did Schlupp against Spurs but he does not get pilloried, in fact if Chadli had his shooting boots on Schlupp would have been culpable for 2 goals.However people have agendas and it would not be Foxestalk without us having a couple of scapegoats.

I for one agree with a lot of what you have said, I would also accept that RDL did himself no favours with his defending for the goal on Saturday, but neither did Schlupp against Spurs but he does not get pilloried, in fact if Chadli had his shooting boots on Schlupp would have been culpable for 2 goals.However people have agendas and it would not be Foxestalk without us having a couple of scapegoats.

Jeff is also a shit full back. He should be at wing back or nothing.

The extremely obvious answer is to play with a back 3.

Its crying out for 3 at the back now isnt it? Schlupp is much more effective the further fwd he gets and De laet is a garbage in this league. Solves both weak areas and strengthens our central defence - also saves mahrez having to track back and help out on the overlap by the RCB peeling off and helping out albrighton.

Mahrez can be given free reign to drift out wide on either flank.

I agree , 3 at the back suits us but the Manager thinks differently so I don't think we will be going in that direction anytime soon unless of course things go badly wrong.

Keep to RDL, I disagree he is a week link ( might change my mind by xmas, idiots prerogative).

I dont think he gets enough support, and gets caught trying to cover both outside and inside lines, not only Mahrez but Kingy or one of the other midfield players are not recognising the game situation.Coaches or CR need to pick up on it, if any one had noticed, it often happens also on the left, but DD, Schlupp, Albrighton have fallen back and covered.

So spend 50mil , we still would have the same problem.

Its not coincidence, RDL nor city seem to struggle, when Albrighton or King are aware, and creates RW cover.

BUT....lets not forget any fb gets skinned 2-4 times in a game, with any avg one two move with supported pressing from the opposition.

A fbks game performance notes is high, if he lets nobody at anytime get by.

When Vardy or Mahrez/Albrighton skin the opposition Fbks, we dont necessarily think they are bad Fbks.

IMO too many posters have agendas against individual players, when they hen pick often enough others get twitchy and notice more , EVERY single tick on that individual player.

I may be alone, but I reckon RDL is a good FB, if he was replaced then I hope not for any equal/ lesser player.

I think the main problem is that he has looked like a weak link whether it's Mahrez, Albrighton, Marshall or Knockaert out on the right.

He was highlighted by many people as one of our problem areas within his first season in the Championship. And whereas we have, over time, tried out plenty of wingers ahead of him on the flank, each time reminding them of their defensive duties, and we've also tried out plenty of combinations of centre mids (James, Drinkwater, Hammond, King, Cambiasso, among others), De Laet has actually - in a 4-4-2 at least - only missed 15-20 games in the past 3+ seasons. And consistently been considered one of our weaker links.

Yet regardless of who or how many you play in the middle (even when they come with the pedigree of Cambiasso) who or how many you play in the central defensive roles (even when they come with the pedigree of Huth) or who you play ahead of him on the wing (even when they come with the pedigree of Mahrez or Albrighton) he still looks like an obvious weak link. It isn't a lack of protection which makes him incapable of completing simple six yard passes, or miskicking clearances or fluffing crosses, and I don't see how it can be that Schlupp has looked perfectly well protected with Albrighton or Mahrez ahead of him on the left, but De Laet looks like a disaster in the process of happening with the same two players ahead of him on the right.

Pearson seemed to spot this, finally. He dropped him, along with Konchesky, switched formations and we went on a spectacular run of form. Now to see pundits and fans highlighting him as an obvious weak link all over again, with a largely different set of players around him to the last time he looked like a weak link, or the time before that, leads me to believe that the common denominator is to blame, rather than everyone else.

Who'd be a full-back?

Only saw highlights of wham v Bournemouth, but didn't most of the 4 goals against wham start with problems with their FBs? And yet most people on here would be happy with these same players playing for City as appareñtly they are highly rated!

Pearson seemed to spot this, finally. He dropped him, along with Konchesky, switched formations and we went on a spectacular run of form. Now to see pundits and fans highlighting him as an obvious weak link all over again, with a largely different set of players around him to the last time he looked like a weak link, or the time before that, leads me to believe that the common denominator is to blame, rather than everyone else.

Shame he gave him a 4 year deal first.

Who'd be a full-back?

Only saw highlights of wham v Bournemouth, but didn't most of the 4 goals against wham start with problems with their FBs? And yet most people on here would be happy with these same players playing for City as appareñtly they are highly rated!

It seems that De leat is being dismissed by many due to his Bournemouth performance. As Enmac says west ham conceded 4 against bournemouth, they are in real form at the moment and although we should have beaten them we got a good result. De leat had enough pace and desire to mostly keep Daniels and Gradel out down that wing, that is a fantastic effort for any player. One goal they scored in the entire game, if he was as bad as you are all making out, he would have let 4 past him. Come on folks he is a useful player, he is quick and most games over laps very effectively. I'm sure that he got a fair few assists in the champ season as well as some goals so I would hardly say he was a weak link then. He also chipped in with some assists last term. 

I think people are getting a little carried away with the criticisms of players on here recently. It's almost as if you can t make a mistake without being the new scapegoat. He has his flaws admittedly, but I think he is more than good enough to be playing for us at this moment in time. Would love to see how some of the big names handle Gradel and Daniels this season, I think Bournemouth have a genuine threat down that side against any team. 

Archived