Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Mid life crisis

Isnt it interesting that having our life changed for us (unemployment or sickness) makes change a whole lot easier. It seems harder to make decisions to change when its just what you want to do?

Good point.

The stress of my own midlife crisis at 30 led to severe illness and a new change of lifestyle that was forced upon me. I've had no choice but to adapt, give up full time employment and subsequently work for myself.

I guess fear is the main reason why people find it hard to change when it's just what they really want to do. We may dress it up and make what we see as valid excuses why we can't change, but it all boils down to some sort of fear I believe.

My hope for my kids is that they go through life and follow their own instincts and intuition. I know so many people who are unhappy because they're constantly fighting against their inner wisdom and what they know to be true. 'Trust your vibes' and follow your heart I say... 

Looking back I went through a phase, but at the time it didn't seem like a crisis. I bought myself a BMW for my 40th b/day, took a redundancy package from my uninteresting job at 41, and moved to live in another country when I was 42. All of these were changes that improved my life, they were in fact easy decisions.

Good point.

The stress of my own midlife crisis at 30 led to severe illness and a new change of lifestyle that was forced upon me. I've had no choice but to adapt, give up full time employment and subsequently work for myself.

I guess fear is the main reason why people find it hard to change when it's just what they really want to do. We may dress it up and make what we see as valid excuses why we can't change, but it all boils down to some sort of fear I believe.

My hope for my kids is that they go through life and follow their own instincts and intuition. I know so many people who are unhappy because they're constantly fighting against their inner wisdom and what they know to be true. 'Trust your vibes' and follow your heart I say...

:thumbup:

Dont think i'll have one of these.

my hair fell out in my mid twenties, i like my dead end job and i cant afford nice cars and impractical expenses.

its going to be a smooth decline into old age for me.

This is definitely a good plan.

• 2 weeks later...

So.... hows the crisis going folks?

Anyone bought the Ferrari?.....moved into the inner city flat with the 20 year old?

My great "business opportunity" appears to not add up financially, so i guess its stick with the routine.... for now.

Just made an offer on my midlife crisis business, this could change everything, either very stupid... or a wonderful change to my life.

On the good side for you guys, means ill be on here a whole lot less :)

Just made an offer on my midlife crisis business, this could change everything, either very stupid... or a wonderful change to my life.

On the good side for you guys, means ill be on here a whole lot less :)

Good luck Oz

I'm guessing it's not a McDonalds franchise lol

Well, that escalated quickly, counter offer was made by the business owners, which then pointed me to an "error" in their figures which completely changes the value and profitability of the business.

35190691.jpg

Sorry folks, looks like your stuck with me a little longer  :)

(Cheers for the wishes guys) 

Well, that escalated quickly, counter offer was made by the business owners, which then pointed me to an "error" in their figures which completely changes the value and profitability of the business.

Sorry folks, looks like your stuck with me a little longer :)

(Cheers for the wishes guys)

Dodged a bullet there mate. Things happen for a reason. You will work magic without this venture.

Archived