Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Mid life crisis

Just takes a modicum of inner strength to be away from your family, don't be so soft. I see my family once a year at most and it doesn't bother me at all.

You must have had a terrible childhood Moose to be so bitter towards your family. 

hello ladies and gents and welcome to the latest addition of #youvebeenrinced 

You must have had a terrible childhood Moose to be so bitter towards your family.

No I had a great childhood ken, I'm not bitter at all towards them, I get on with them very well and we regularly speak via phone and Internet. I just don't see the burning need to physically see them all the time, I'm quite happy not seeing them for a year or two, it doesn't really affect me.

hello ladies and gents and welcome to the latest addition of #youvebeenrinced 

I did not mean to sound so harsh. Actually I think it takes great strength to get  away from family especially if the relationship involves abuse. Not saying this is the case for Moose but if you have a loving family then I think you should treasure them while you can and they are around.

Well........... as an addendum to my post above... decided to throw a sickie tomorrow and a three hour drive to look at the business oportunity. This could change everything :)

Well if you don't do it you will never know if it works out But I am the last one that should give that advice. 

Good luck with whatever you do.

Has anyone in here gone classic MLC and traded in the missus for a younger model?

I would be fascinated to know how someone aged about 40 can relate (in a boyfriend/girlfriend way) to someone 20 years their junior, who just won't get the vast majority of their cultural references, many of which were formed pre-Internet and in an age of 2, 3 or 4 channels.

I can honestly say that, if I were single, I would have no interest whatsoever in attempting to conduct a relationship with someone 20 years younger. You'd be forever explaining yourself or telling them to google stuff from "the olden days".

I suppose if you aren't with them to talk to them, it doesn't matter...

I'm in a constant mid life crisis and I'm only 35. Doesn't bode well for life expectancy. In go through cars like no tomorrow don't think I have ever managed to keep anything for 2 years. Always after something faster. Costs me a fortune in depreciation.

Done the settling down thing and started a family and have a nice house. But as soon as I can get the mortgage paid and the kids out the house I'm off to ibiza to let the secret raver in me out.

Has anyone in here gone classic MLC and traded in the missus for a younger model?

I would be fascinated to know how someone aged about 40 can relate (in a boyfriend/girlfriend way) to someone 20 years their junior, who just won't get the vast majority of their cultural references, many of which were formed pre-Internet and in an age of 2, 3 or 4 channels.

I can honestly say that, if I were single, I would have no interest whatsoever in attempting to conduct a relationship with someone 20 years younger. You'd be forever explaining yourself or telling them to google stuff from "the olden days".

I suppose if you aren't with them to talk to them, it doesn't matter...

Do you just sit at home with your Mrs talking about you shows from 20 years ago? It's perfectly possible for people of different ages to engage in discussion of contemporary or indeed historical culture and events. I don't think that will be a problem at all and am thoroughly looking forward to it.

Besides, 'talking' and 'connecting' and all that trivial shit isn't exactly going to be the priority, is it?

Do you just sit at home with your Mrs talking about you shows from 20 years ago? It's perfectly possible for people of different ages to engage in discussion of contemporary or indeed historical culture and events. I don't think that will be a problem at all and am thoroughly looking forward to it.

Besides, 'talking' and 'connecting' and all that trivial shit isn't exactly going to be the priority, is it?

No.

I just meant that me and my wife are broadly the same age, have been together the thick end of 20 years and therefore I think the Venn diagram of stuff we relate to doesn't intersect that much with what a 20 year old would relate to.

Guest MattP

I find talking to most 20 year old women mind numbing now, god knows what it would be like at 40 odd. I've never dated a woman younger than me though.

I'm a proper old fart though already, I really enjoyed a program on canal walks last night.

I've got to side with Moose on family. Families are ****ing shit.

Better the family you choose, give me my friends anyday. I love my sister and my parents but I can go much longer not seeing them than any of my friends.

I guess that depends on your family.  Mine are awesome.  Friends...meh...come and go.

Guest MattP

Yeah I'm with Ronnie on this, I'm as close to my family as anyone can be.

I couldn't imagine not seeing my parents, brothers or grandad for a few months let alone years on end.

Well obviously most of my extended family live a few hundred miles sway and I don't drive. Even my mother has gone "back home" (they're divorced) so I rarely see her either.

Growing up I only really remember the arguments, holidays like Christmas were particular low points.

I get on with my old man infinitely better now I'm an adult but we argued a lot throughout my youth.

I've got no nieces or nephews, no young cousins. I've got some other family in Leicester on my dad's side but I don't know any of them to talk to.

Any of that sound particularly appealing?

Yeah I'm with Ronnie on this, I'm as close to my family as anyone can be.

I couldn't imagine not seeing my parents, brothers or grandad for a few months let alone years on end.

I see my mum and dad everyday just about, sisters each week, nephews and nieces each week, Aunty every week.  Couldn't imagine it any other way.  Picked my niece up from school today, sister came round with my 2 nephews...love it....although after the 20th game of musical statues that got a bit old. :D

I can honestly say that, if I were single, I would have no interest whatsoever in attempting to conduct a relationship with someone 20 years younger.

I find talking to most 20 year old women mind numbing now, god knows what it would be like at 40 odd.

The foxes fans and the grapes? ;)

I Think Moosey doth protest too much.

I think he's really a muslim left wing vegatarian tranny. With a soft spot for the free hugs brigade. Plus he's not worn his special edition CND bra for at least 20 years.

Archived