Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Mid life crisis

I think midlife crisis for the 25 to 35 year olds today will happen anywhere from low 30s to mid 40s. I chalk it up to the lack of jobs and affordable housing for this age group. Im 35 work in IT and cant take it anymore. 12 to 13 years in and i feel like im just done with it.

I think midlife crisis for the 25 to 35 year olds today will happen anywhere from low 30s to mid 40s. I chalk it up to the lack of jobs and affordable housing for this age group. Im 35 work in IT and cant take it anymore. 12 to 13 years in and i feel like im just done with it.

Err what?

Since when has the midlife crisis EVER been 25-35?

Err what?

Since today. lol.

Im just trying to say that it seems with lack of career opportunities it makes you rethink things earlier then say someone like my dad who had a solid career.

Perhaps midlife crisis isnt the correct term :)

Err what?

Had mine and 30. Been working full time since age 16 so figured I'd get mine in early doors. There's no fixed age I guess and it depends on so many factors. 13 years on from that, I'm happy and content (but still miss my old BMW and mistress) lol

Had mine and 30. Been working full time since age 16 so figured I'd get mine in early doors. There's no fixed age I guess and it depends on so many factors. 13 years on from that, I'm happy and content (but still miss my old BMW and mistress) lol

lol sounds rough!

I'm just a little bit old fashioned I guess and think a mid life crisis should be... Well .. Around the middle of your life? I imagine that to be about 40 then really...

I have 30 years in IT.  :(

I'm in two minds between staying in my current job or embark on a new career (via College course).

Ideally, I want both a part-time course to go on alongside having work for the rest of the working week - though I imagine that'll be hard to come by and sort out.

My wife did a law degree part time in the evening whilst working as a purchasing manager but it was really hard going, if you are prepared to put in the time it can be a great idea.

I was a right state in my mid 20s.  Perhaps that was my mid life crisis, in which case I don't have that long left.

I'm going to make the best possible use of what I've got remaining.  Already eaten a Belgian bun this morning

Didn't know what this was so I googled it and it looks a lot like what the Belgians would call a Swiss pastry. It's like Danish bacon all over again lol

(We call it Danish but other nations call it English-style)

Didn't know what this was so I googled it and it looks a lot like what the Belgians would call a Swiss pastry. It's like Danish bacon all over again lol(We call it Danish but other nations call it English-style)

I thought we called Danish imported stuff "Danish", but otherwise bacon is just bacon (back bacon, streaky bacon, cooking bacon ie misshapen bacon aka "misbacon")

I thought we called Danish imported stuff "Danish", but otherwise bacon is just bacon (back bacon, streaky bacon, cooking bacon ie misshapen bacon aka "mismacon")

Oooh.  I was always under the impression that the typical rasher shaped bacon was "Danish".  Wouldn't be the first time someone British has embarrassed themselves over pork.

Didn't know what this was so I googled it and it looks a lot like what the Belgians would call a Swiss pastry. It's like Danish bacon all over again lol

(We call it Danish but other nations call it English-style)

It's what Tesco call a Belgian bun, but they've proved to be incompetent in many areas so I wouldn't trust them.

Mind you I think that's what Greggs call them too.  All I know is that this one was infused with what may well have been lemon curd and was DELICIOUS

I don't have moods pal, I just think your a grade A twat that is all.

lol

My point is made..

Chill mate. Life's too short and all that.

Regarding mid life crises, I think I've always had em! Always liked fast cars, clothes that I'm too old to wear and younger women!

lol

My point is made..

Chill mate. Life's too short and all that.

Regarding mid life crises, I think I've always had em! Always liked fast cars, clothes that I'm too old to wear and younger women!

Perfectly chilled, my opinion of your persona is not something that affects my temperament.

Regarding mid life crises, I have never had a mid life crises and have no interest in mid life crises.

Isnt it interesting that having our life changed for us (unemployment or sickness) makes change a whole lot easier. It seems harder to make decisions to change when its just what you want to do?

Archived