Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinio'sCat

Glenelgfox - A Fighting Fox

Thanks all for your wishes and support. Got out of hospital yesterday (Tues) afternoon and slowly recoverin at home and recomenced chemo.

My first name btw is Tony - Glenelgfox user name comes from Glenelg the main beachside suburb of Adelaide, South Australia.

I tie / share all my original family roots to the village of Skeffington in Leicestershire which still exists to this day and is my actual family surname. It features prominately in our Family Tree / Coat of arms. I was destined by blood to follow the LCFC.

All the best Tony

Keep fighting

Up the Foxes

Tony / Glenelg Fox - Just to say thanks for sharing your story,  I would imagine there's only so much relief a hobby like supporting a football club can provide but safe to say LCFC chose a good season to become table toppers! Your story has really touched me like everyone on here and know there is a community of fellow foxes hoping you pull through and wanting to hear your news! Really hoping you'll be around witness us finish Top 4!

Guest bss9401

To the OP- I am full of admiration for your courage and resolve. I lost my wonderful sister in August after a short battle with stomach cancer. She was a passionate Foxes fan and was so proud of our team's incredible fightback at the end of last season. Keep up your fight and I hope that you are celebrating our team's best season during our lifetime (I am 49) come May. You Sir, are a star!

To the OP- I am full of admiration for your courage and resolve. I lost my wonderful sister in August after a short battle with stomach cancer. She was a passionate Foxes fan and was so proud of our team's incredible fightback at the end of last season. Keep up your fight and I hope that you are celebrating our team's best season during our lifetime (I am 49) come May. You Sir, are a star!

Really sorry to hear about your sister.. So many people are touched by this dreadful disease!.. Last year I lost my 17 year old nephew with Bone cancer.. It's just horrific...

Stay strong!

I first read  this topic on Sunday morning when i was feeling sorry for myself for not being able to get a ticket for the cup tie,needless to say i felt more than a little humbled.

Like yourself a longtime supporter of LCFC (50 years) i cannot remember a season like this one (or last)

Was in Glenelg a few years back,remember standing on the beach watching planes coming into land nearby.Remember meeting a Leicester fan in a pub one evening.like yourself had never been to see us play but knew more about each player than i did. Football is a  wonderful game for bringing people together.

I screamed so loud when Huth gave it the nut, the girlfriend nearly had kittens.

Keep on defying those odds Tony, you look pretty good, all things considered...

I'm still buzzing enough from 2nite. I haven't been drinking, but I had so much adrenaline going round after the 90, I physically shook for about half an hour.

EDIT Yeah, on reflection, I'll let some one else do the jokes, it is such an emotional thread that on balance, it is probably not appropriate.

Archived