Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinio'sCat

Glenelgfox - A Fighting Fox

Funds are not a problem to travel and I have had heaps of fantastic offers re tickets, corporate boxes etc if my health allowed a trip along with many people wanting to fund raise but just disappointed no response in any form from club but as you say could be setting a precendent. Anyhow thanks for your support much appreciated.

Hang in there mate, you really put everything else into context as so many have said. Touched and at the same time inspired by your story and just wondering if anyone on here could ping this thread on to Birch as surely this is his role at the club and he does such great work as we all know. I think you epitomise the season for me #fearless #foxesneverquit Our prayers are with you buddy :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

Funds are not a problem to travel and I have had heaps of fantastic offers re tickets, corporate boxes etc if my health allowed a trip along with many people wanting to fund raise but just disappointed no response in any form from club but as you say could be setting a precendent. Anyhow thanks for your support much appreciated.

With the best will in the world I am sure your situation is not unique. Moreover where does the Club draw the line? Who is more deserving for special treatment?

Don't take what I am going to say in the wrong way and I hope you live for many years to come but I think the closest you will come to the Club recognising your situation will be the Birch saying a few words for you in the Garden of Remembrance.

Live as long as you can; long enough to see us win the League.  :D

Hang in there buddy

Fingers crossed :fc: things change on that score

Up the Foxes!!!!!!!

Hey Tony, good to see you are still around.

I'm really surprised the club hasn't picked up on it. I would have assumed someone usefully placed, would notice the Mercury front page, although it might say more about the waning power of the Mercury than anything else. Tbf, anyone on the PR/Marketing side is probably flat out busy, for obvious reasons, and the original article was more about your hopes to travel, rather than a specific request which was ignored

The Birch would be the obvious route. Is he on Facebook? I'm not so I'm hoping someone else can check? I'm sure he would take a shirt round the dressing room for you. He drinks in a pub up Rothley way, I think, and does fantastic work for the club.

Hey Tony, good to see you are still around.

I'm really surprised the club hasn't picked up on it. I would have assumed someone usefully placed, would notice the Mercury front page, although it might say more about the waning power of the Mercury than anything else. Tbf, anyone on the PR/Marketing side is probably flat out busy, for obvious reasons, and the original article was more about your hopes to travel, rather than a specific request which was ignored

The Birch would be the obvious route. Is he on Facebook? I'm not so I'm hoping someone else can check? I'm sure he would take a shirt round the dressing room for you. He drinks in a pub up Rothley way, I think, and does fantastic work for the club.

Just looked. Can't see the Birch on Facebook.

Thanks all - I have a few people from here and FB working on some options for me re signed shirt which is great so thanks again all formyour support!

I hope we can put this in the Happy news stories. :D

Good to see you back Tony.Thought about you quite a bit during this amazing run.Keep fighting as ever.

Whoever gave you nasty messages are absolute sick scum ,but as you say keyboard warriors whi would never show their faces or names but this has made me mad.

Keep strong.

Whoever gave you nasty messages are absolute sick scum

Report to the mods and get them banned for life!!!!

It was all on FB none from here which is good!

Well, that's something, at least. You get some very damaged people on the internet, and the anonymity is like red rag to some.

If your other routes don't come together, Dean 'of the gift' is ITK, and although he has got stuff to be getting on with, I'm sure he would be able to have a word.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone got a direct email address to the club other than those listed on the club website? Specifically the Supporters Liaison Officer / Department?

This one might help?

info@lcfcsupportersclub.co.uk

Thanks need it at present - 2nd stint in hospital since Xmas - 26 days in total and nearly carked it 4 weeks ago but I am determined not to go until the season is over!

Hang in there mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Update to all from Day 20 in hospital (35 in total since Dec 28th). Things looking grim for me atm - may not see the season out!

Anyhow on a positive, big thanks to LCFC Player Liaison Officer Jon Sanders for organising Andy King autographed pennant for me along with photo taken by The Birch.

Also Mercury going to do a follow-up story in next few days.

Thanks again to everyone on here who have supported me through this journey.

Archived