Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

I have a sneaky feeling this will not take off. May be a couple of hundred max.

Personally think this is not something we should be doing in our biggest game in a while. First 5 mins is when we should be vocal non-stop cheering on the lads.

I will not be joining in. Feels wrong and plus, I want to see all the game.

another point, I'll be damned if I'm singing anti-sky songs all game. One or two yes but anymore and I think it's pathetic...before anyone asks, yes I was inconvenienced which was resolved with two phone calls.

No one's going to do that. To be frank, anything would be better than 90 mins of "Evrairwigoooooooooooo" though...

I have a sneaky feeling this will not take off. May be a couple of hundred max.

Same, I spoke to a couple of lads in the pub last night who were right up for this when it was announced but given "the position we are in" are now not going to do it as this season is too big for protest.

I still support people who want to do it, but I do think the anger should be directed more at the Premier League than Sky Sports, the latter are only exercising the right the former gave them.

But theres a bigger picture here mate, you cant sacrifice 5 minutes for the greater good?  If not your the reason why we have the current over priced tickets.

I thought the protest was about moving the game?

It has/had fcuk all to do with pricing and certainly doesn't when the ticket price is £26 for this game.

Ridiculous protest when many don't even know what it's for.

But theres a bigger picture here mate, you cant sacrifice 5 minutes for the greater good?  If not your the reason why we have the current over priced tickets.

Tickets for this are £26!

How many people protesting have Sky subscriptions?

I have a sky subscription but it's not really the outright point in many respects.

The protest is because of the notice. 23 days isn't acceptable. They'd already chosen their games and they likely expected our wheels to fall off hence didn't pick it when they had the opportunity to do so when the original TV games were selected.

Many of my mates have been shafted to the tune of at least £20. Some even to the tune of £60.

Couple hundred would be amazing I think!

All we need is a decent picture of the concourse looking busy at 12:03 to be shared and retweeted around social media and that's job done. 

A picture of a few people in a concourse won’t really create much of a visual impact. It will just look odd and embarrassing.

Which is a shame really, cos as almost everybody on this thread has said, you do have a valid point about the inconvenience.

You just need to protest in proportion to the mild inconvenience you’ve suffered, rather than acting like your human rights have been violated.

It has/had fcuk all to do with pricing and certainly doesn't when the ticket price is £26 for this game.

Sad and true, we're backing the wrong horse over this!

Let's just jump on Claudios horse :) COYB

I don't recall anyone either organising or stating their attendance at the protest who thinks this is about ticket prices?

The pre-protest publicity has already gained national exposure for the issue of kick-off time changes and how supporters are affected by them. I'm not really sure what more can be done to convince people this demonstration is being taken seriously by the media and supporters of other clubs.

So we're in agreement that whether iy is 200 or 1500 Sky won't mention it.

So why bother then?

Chants about them overcharging will be heard.

This protest has already attracted the attention of multiple national newspapers, some might say that it's therefore already a success. . 

It has highlighted a problem in our game that has been talked about on a national level because of the statement that Union FS released just after the change was announced. 

Cannot believe that some people would rather us fans did nothing and just take what ever shafting comes our way.

The English must be weakest fans in the whole world. 

You don't know this and the protest has NOTHING to do with ticket prices.

Not saying it does. I was purely pointing out what will happen, we will clearly go up in category.

I know what the protest is for and I shall be partaking. 

And next season they will be £60+ when we are in the CL and Cat A.

Probably will be, I was just pointing out this protest is nothing to do with ticket prices.

And a 5 min protest at Arsenal will make no difference to that anyway even if it was, we still sold out. It's not comparable to Liverpool as that was their own club setting prices for home fans.

Tickets for this are £26!

oops, late night last night, giz a break. :blush:

My point remains though, although just substitute ticket prices to being shafted by sky.

I thank you!

Archived