Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

Whats more important? Taking a stand against the organisation that is putting a large amount of time and effort into ruining the game or supporting your side for 5 mins.

I'd happily lose on Sunday if we have a big impact on Sky's philosophy of ****ing over genuine fans. You're a bit of a knob if you've not got a ticket but you're telling people to sit back and accept it because it's not screwed you over.

"Happily lose"

Right oh ! Proper supporter lol

Move on nothing more to see here .....

"Happily lose"

Right oh ! Proper supporter lol

Move on nothing more to see here .....

Sorry for seeing the bigger picture.

If there was a straight up trade, which there obviously isn't because this protest will clearly have no impact on the game as anyone with a brain cell can see, then I would take a loss to make sure that genuine supporters are treated fairly.

If there was a straight up trade, which there obviously isn't because this protest will clearly have no impact on the game as anyone with a brain cell can see, then I would take a loss to make sure that genuine supporters are treated fairly.

Nothing bigger than us winning league

Nothing

"Lucky"  lol

The exact opposite actually. I guess we didn't need the "brilliant" support we have now the season we were relegated to League 1 and didn't sell out anywhere.

Must've been a lot of "unlucky" people that season who couldn't even buy tickets for empty seats. 

So the 5,000 at Arsenal are the unlucky few?

Makes. No. Sense.

What does everyone think about the idea that the protest would be most 'successful' if it contributed to the team playing poorly? The Liverpool protest has had a big impact because it 'led' to them conceding two goals (obviously debatable), otherwise it would have been less noticed. Most protests in football seem to revolve around the idea that supporters are the lifeblood of football, and in this case the fact they deserve some respect. Ironically, then, the protest may have the biggest effect for sky if it contributes to the team playing poorly and consequently leading to a less exciting game for them to broadcast on tv.

Having said all that, I'm all for protesting and think Sky should sort out how they treat supporters. Profit is king though; I wish it were accompanied with people cancelling their sky subscriptions.

Rather us lose?

Genuine supporters?

Those 2 statements in the same post highlight what a joke this idea is when we're going for Champions League and the Title!

Fvck Leicester City and our players look at us and our little coming in late protest it's all about US.

RATHER US LOSE IS A FVCKING DISGRACE STATEMENT, BE ASHAMED!

Rather us lose?

Genuine supporters?

Those 2 statements in the same post highlight what a joke this idea is when we're going for Champions League and the Title!

Fvck Leicester City and our players look at us and our little coming in late protest it's all about US.

RATHER US LOSE IS A FVCKING DISGRACE STATEMENT, BE ASHAMED!

It's just a hypothetical.

How about we win the league but next season your season ticket costs £10,000 and all games kick off when Sky decide - maybe they'll decide the day before the game. Would you have that? It's unrealistic but it's a about the principle - football fans can't keep bending over and getting fcked by clubs and television companies.

lol People aren't in their seats for five minutes and our title chances could disappear?

Maybe you could tell those who leave after 80 minutes of home matches to stay seated as we could get relegated next season without their support?

It's completely different, Union FS bang on about the need to create a great atmosphere for the lads then choose to miss the beginning of our most important game in years if not ever, every single ticket holder on Sunday should be roaring the team on for 90 minutes, not sulking because of sky sports, none of you would've been complaining if it was moved to 5.30 on the Saturday, Football isn't the game it was 20 years ago and unfortunately we're just gonna have to deal with it.

So the 5,000 at Arsenal are the unlucky few?

Makes. No. Sense.

I think you know the point I'm trying to make.

The people "lucky" enough to get Arsenal tickets are the fans that have built the most loyalty points over the last few years, there is no element of luck involved at all.

I think you know the point I'm trying to make.

The people "lucky" enough to get Arsenal tickets are the fans that have built the most loyalty points over the last few years, there is no element of luck involved at all.

Or the ones lucky enough to get references from the ticket exchange thread on here of the people that can't be bothered to go.

It's completely different, Union FS bang on about the need to create a great atmosphere for the lads then choose to miss the beginning of our most important game in years if not ever, every single ticket holder on Sunday should be roaring the team on for 90 minutes, not sulking because of sky sports, none of you would've been complaining if it was moved to 5.30 on the Saturday, Football isn't the game it was 20 years ago and unfortunately we're just gonna have to deal with it.

They wouldn't if it had been done well in advance of purchasing tickets and travel arrangements as it should've been, which is the crux of the issue here. This will happen at one specific match for five minutes, it won't have a hugely adverse effect on the team.

I'm pretty sure they would. That would've screwed over supporters with pre-booked rail reservations too.

It's just a hypothetical.

How about we win the league but next season your season ticket costs £10,000 and all games kick off when Sky decide - maybe they'll decide the day before the game. Would you have that? It's unrealistic but it's a about the principle - football fans can't keep bending over and getting fcked by clubs and television companies.

The cost of those season tickets made my eyes water Max :)

Look the principal of why folk are pissed is understandable, yet my understanding is its about Sky moving the fixture not ticket prices? Correct me if I'm wrong.

To me it will be ineffective, pointless and potentially damaging, fan v fan, strange atmosphere for our warriors.

Not cobdoning what Sky have done but IMO this is not the answer.

Finally please tell me what about OUR current prices are worth protesting about?

I'm sorry I dont get or agree with planned protest on Sunday.

Freedom of choice and opinion and that's mine, not falling out just expressing my opinion and why!

Surely the protest would be more effective if we score during those opening five minutes. No fans in the away end to celebrate the goal.

If everybody joined in with the protest, that's probably true. The Sky cameramen have a habit of zooming in on about 10 people continuously as if that's representative of the whole crowd though. 

Or the ones lucky enough to get references from the ticket exchange thread on here of the people that can't be bothered to go.

Appreciate there are a small minority that get tickets from elsewhere.  

They wouldn't if it had been done well in advance of purchasing tickets and travel arrangements as it should've been, which is the crux of the issue here. This will happen at one specific match for five minutes, it won't have a hugely adverse effect on the team.

It doesn't need to be a 'huge' effect. Any small effect could make the difference. We are AWAY at Arsenal. I know we all think we're unstoppable now, but any small advantage that Arsenal get would probably be enough to ensure they win.

Anyway, none of us really know if it will have an impact or not. So it just feels totally wrong to take that risk.

ALSO, in terms of your objective of making a point to Sky, it really makes us look tin-pot - as if we don't really understand the TV demands on teams in the title race, and as if we're more concerned with p*ssing off SKy than we are with winning the League.

It doesn't need to be a 'huge' effect. Any small effect could make the difference. We are AWAY at Arsenal. I know we all think we're unstoppable now, but any small advantage that Arsenal get would probably be enough to ensure they win.

Anyway, none of us really know if it will have an impact or not. So it just feels totally wrong to take that risk.

ALSO, in terms of your objective of making a point to Sky, it really makes us look tin-pot - as if we don't really understand the TV demands on teams in the title race, and as if we're more concerned with p*ssing off SKy than we are with winning the League.

You're acting like our away ends have been absolute dynamite all year with non-stop singing from everyone from minutes 1 to 90. The reality has been very different. There have definitely been spells of far longer than just five minutes where the vast majority of our end has been in silence. Should all those people be criticised too?

As for making us look "tin-pot", I'm pretty sure bending over because it's the done thing for teams who get shafted on the reg is far more so than this.

Also, the effect of the walkout on the Liverpool team is contentious. 

Liverpool played fine for several minutes after the walkout started. The first goal was then a free kick that went straight in, and it wasn't until after that goal that the game actually changed at all in terms of momentum etc. In any case though, Sunderland were hardly all over Liverpool, it was just that Liverpool can't defend.

And on the other side of the, 'oh it might affect the players if there's no-one there', well what about the roar when an extra few hundred fans come through from the concourse in one go?? Imagine if it were the whole away coming in simultaneously, how much of a beneficial effect could an entrance like that have for us?

Archived