Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

This protest has already attracted the attention of multiple national newspapers, some might say that it's therefore already a success. .

It has highlighted a problem in our game that has been talked about on a national level because of the statement that Union FS released just after the change was announced.

Cannot believe that some people would rather us fans did nothing and just take what ever shafting comes our way.

The English must be weakest fans in the whole world.

Agree with this and it has been talked about a lot in the media already. The impact of social media does help to get more people talking and will play a huge part on Sunday. Fair play to union fs for organising something and at least trying.

Nope. Ive seen many a comment on social media associating this protest with the ticket prices.

I suspect those people probably aren't going to the game (not trying to insult them, just seems likely). If they were able to go they'd know that prices were perfectly reasonable for this game and thus would know that this wasn't about ticket prices.

The people who take part in this protest will know what it's about.

I don't recall anyone either organising or stating their attendance at the protest who thinks this is about ticket prices?

The pre-protest publicity has already gained national exposure for the issue of kick-off time changes and how supporters are affected by them. I'm not really sure what more can be done to convince people this demonstration is being taken seriously by the media and supporters of other clubs.

No its not. Rob Tanner says on his twitter account the protest is about ticket prices.

This protest has already attracted the attention of multiple national newspapers, some might say that it's therefore already a success. . 

It has highlighted a problem in our game that has been talked about on a national level because of the statement that Union FS released just after the change was announced. 

Cannot believe that some people would rather us fans did nothing and just take what ever shafting comes our way.

The English must be weakest fans in the whole world. 

Yes you might be right about that. In fact, I know that the club are now not releasing ticket details until after Sky games have been chosen. You can count that as a victory.

Other than that though, I think you've worked yourself up into a lather about this.

It's not a 'shafting'.  Sky are just a broadcasting company exercising a contractual right.  I think you've set yourself up in opposition to them for your own reasons which have little to do with having to re-book a train journey.

Sky's decision to change the game has probably inconvenienced a couple of hundred people, whereas hundreds of thousands are HAPPY that they can now watch one of the biggest games of the season. I'm certainly happy about the decision. Why does your inconvenience matter ??

I genuinely hope you (and others) don't take offence at this - but this protest has become a personal crusade by of a small group of fans who wish to set themselves up as 'the voice of the fans'.  These fans lack the empathy necessary to see past their own sense of entitlement, and their own wants and needs.

Yes you might be right about that. In fact, I know that the club are now not releasing ticket details until after Sky games have been chosen. You can count that as a victory.

Other than that though, I think you've worked yourself up into a lather about this.

It's not a 'shafting'.  Sky are just a broadcasting company exercising a contractual right.  I think you've set yourself up in opposition to them for your own reasons which have little to do with having to re-book a train journey.

Sky's decision to change the game has probably inconvenienced a couple of hundred people, whereas hundreds of thousands are HAPPY that they can now watch one of the biggest games of the season. I'm certainly happy about the decision. Why does your inconvenience matter ??

I genuinely hope you (and others) don't take offence at this - but this protest has become a personal crusade by of a small group of fans who wish to set themselves up as 'the voice of the fans'.  These fans lack the empathy necessary to see past their own sense of entitlement, and their own wants and needs.

We are not protesting because they have put the game on Sky, we know that is a part of the game today. We are protesting because they gave 23 DAYS notice! That just shouldn't be allowed, there should be a minimum of 6 weeks notice given to move a game. 

It's a sad state of affairs when the fans that go to games are an after thought to people sitting at home in their armchairs. 

To accuse protesting supporters of lacking empathy when you're claiming your ability to watch the match on TV means those inconvenienced don't "matter" in comparison is, frankly, a little astounding.

Just get in the seats and support the team! You'd be naive to think that the Liverpool protest was not a distraction, we are human so put yourselves in the players position... would you end up noticing the fans walking out or not being there? Of course you would, it's arguably one of our biggest games of the season and we want to put a distraction in place.

We are not protesting because they have put the game on Sky, we know that is a part of the game today. We are protesting because they gave 23 DAYS notice! That just shouldn't be allowed, there should be a minimum of 6 weeks notice given to move a game. 

It's a sad state of affairs when the fans that go to games are an after thought to people sitting at home in their armchairs. 

There should be a 'cut-off' date. But who says it should be 6 weeks? most people would say that 23 days is a long time to get your shit together!! This is why you don't get too much sympathy, and why most people seem to believe that the proposed protest is way over the top for the inconvenience you've suffered.

Your travel arrangements aren't the centre of EVERYONE ELSE'S Universe. :D

To accuse protesting supporters of lacking empathy when you're claiming your ability to watch the match on TV means those inconvenienced don't "matter" in comparison is, frankly, a little astounding.

It is astounding because I clearly didn't say that.

I asked why you think your personal inconvinience matters? Why does it matter to the extent of trying to get 3,000 people to demonstrate because you had to re-book a train ticket?

There should be a 'cut-off' date. But who says it should be 6 weeks? most people would say that 23 days is a long time to get your shit together!! This is why you don't get too much sympathy, and why most people seem to believe that the proposed protest is way over the top for the inconvenience you've suffered.

It is astounding because I clearly didn't say that.

I asked why you think your personal inconvinience matters? Why does it matter to the extent of trying to get 3,000 people to demonstrate because you had to re-book a train ticket?

When TV games are announced in December and then the club sells tickets for a certain date it shouldn't be moved after that.

You clearly aren't bothered about fans who have now lost money or can't go as your happy you can't sit down and watch it on your sofa.

How would you have felt if you were affected?

Just get in the seats and support the team! You'd be naive to think that the Liverpool protest was not a distraction, we are human so put yourselves in the players position... would you end up noticing the fans walking out or not being there? Of course you would, it's arguably one of our biggest games of the season and we want to put a distraction in place.

Well said

Because, as you yourself admit, hundreds have been inconvenienced by this. Matchgoing supporters. Without them there, there would be no game to televise. Therefore, do you not agree they ought to be treated with a bit more respect?

Have you tried booking rail tickets at less than a month's notice lately? The price increase is pretty dramatic - especially for many of our younger supporters and families, for whom a train trip to London can represent a pretty hefty portion of their income.

There you go with your I'm superior and go to games bs. There are loads,myself included, would love to be there Sunday so stop being so sanctimonious! The limited tickets and priority system dictate that (and I agree with priority system) not I'm better than you sat in your armchair bollox.

Any valid points you had regarding this inconvenience are fast disappearing with the look at me dummy throwing.

In my opinion it's an ill conceived plan that will be poorly supported and have zero effect.

You lot are not the voice of the fans as a whole nor are you bigger or more important than Leicester City Football Club.

Sunday should be about our magnificent players, management and club in their title challenge not a lame blown out of proportion protest!

Liverpool fans had a just cause to back, ours is one match, albeit frustrating they still gave 3 weeks and 2 days notice.

Sky announce their TV schedule for the month on a specific date. If a fixture is not listed on that schedule it isn't unreasonable to assume that it won't be getting moved. The actual number of weeks' notice is almost secondary here, it's the fact that Sky appeared to have confirmed they weren't going to show this game and then went back on the decision.

Archived