Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

Well take away ALL of that and what are you left with?

The fans.

This isn't a question of chicken and the egg.

Fans were here first and they will be here long after the inevitable money bubble bursts.

lol

It's 2016 my friend the world has moved on !

We move with the rest or we die !

Luton town have fans !

Simple couple of question :

Where would we be if Milan still owened us ?

Would we be a keeping club or a selling club ?

And then ask why someone guys in a temple in Thailand would pump maybe 150m into this project ?

Because of the product and the income that sky and BT deliver !

Take away the sky/BT platform and take away the sky/BT income and we are stuck with Milan on our way to being the next Portsmouth !

Not mad at all !

I don't get this post or your one a couple pages back? You're suggesting we have been successful because of Sky and their money? 

I thought if this season taught you anything it would be that it's not always how much you spend that gets you where you are.

What's it got to do with Mandaric? You're talking about Sky here. I'm not doubting our owners' influence. They have given our managers backing and they stood by one who built for the long-term.

Do you not see the flaw in your argument that you're talking as if Sky have come in and backed Leicester, but no-one else. You say Sky's money has helped us keep Vardy (although I'd go with something more along the lines of him repaying his loyalty) but would it not be helping say.. Manchester United, if they wanted to buy him?

Sky's money has just bumped the price of everything up. It's bred a culture that you spend your way to success.

Right No point discussing it with you your missing the point

Jaysus it's not rocket sience , ask any GCSE business study student and they will be able to draw you a diagram lol

lol

It's 2016 my friend the world has moved on !

We move with the rest or we die !

Luton town have fans !

If things go on at the rate they are, there will be no genuine fans left in Premier League grounds. None at all. They will get their way. Look at the Liverpool statement earlier in the week "turning supporters into customers", you sit there and defend that and it'll become reality. No atmosphere, no soul. Nothing. 

It just shows that everyone who moaned they were inconvenienced by the change have still turned up, they're just sulking in the concourses for five minutes, then the game starts having no support rattles the players. We go one nil down in five minutes ,end up not winning the title. All because of a half arsed way of apparantly sticking it to the man.

lol People aren't in their seats for five minutes and our title chances could disappear? 

Maybe you could tell those who leave after 80 minutes of home matches to stay seated as we could get relegated next season without their support?

Right No point discussing it with you your missing the point

Jaysus it's not rocket sience , ask any GCSE business study student and they will be able to draw you a diagram lol

Not in the slightest. The diagram is quite simple, I'll do it myself:

Sky say jump ---> drofofclaridge asks how high.

You're just making things up now. You've decided you don't like the protestors so now you're going to pretend they're abusive people.

Try and be respectful, Larry, I'm not asking much.

lol Wtf are you on about now Harry? You really don't think there will be arguments between fans taking part and fans choosing not to? Have you seen some of neanderthal fans that travel away? Do you remember Villa a few weeks ago? Not a case of not liking people, it's a case of being realistic when it comes to a small section of our "fans".

I don't get this post or your one a couple pages back? You're suggesting we have been successful because of Sky and their money?

I'm suggesting we are back in the premier league because some rich man in Thailand gambled a real large chunk of money to get us into the premier league

And why did he take that huge gamble with his hard earned duty free cash ?

Because of the riches of cash and exposure sky and BT will deliver him !

And his gamble paid of spectacularly for him !

And well done to him !

You're just making things up now. You've decided you don't like the protestors so now you're going to pretend they're abusive people.

Try and be respectful, Larry, I'm not asking much.

lol Wtf are you on about now Harry? You really don't think there will be arguments between fans taking part and fans choosing not to? Have you seen some of neanderthal fans that travel away? Do you remember Villa a few weeks ago? Not a case of not liking people, it's a case of being realistic when it comes to a small section of our "fans".

lol Is this somesort of joke... Harry v Larry.

If things go on at the rate they are, there will be no genuine fans left in Premier League grounds. None at all. They will get their way. Look at the Liverpool statement earlier in the week "turning supporters into customers", you sit there and defend that and it'll become reality. No atmosphere, no soul. Nothing.

We don't get tourists in Leicester so we are fine lol

Well apart from Romany gipsys lol

- We've got the best chance we've ever had of creating history

- You've already bought a ticket

- You may as well get your moneys worth

- You're lucky enough to get a ticket so don't be a dick and use it for the full 90!!

For the sake of the club can everyone just be in the stand and ****ing stay in the stand from start to finish and support the lads this time?

Take your frustrations out on Sky another time PLEASE

Always another day for some people isn't it. This is important no matter what state the club is in on the pitch.

We've also got a chance of making history by being one of the first clubs to actually make a stand against this kind of thing.

I'm suggesting we are back in the premier league because some rich man in Thailand gambled a real large chunk of money to get us into the premier league

And why did he take that huge gamble with his hard earned duty free cash ?

Because of the riches of cash and exposure sky and BT will deliver him !

And his gamble paid of spectacularly for him !

And well done to him !

We've been successful because we've had managers who have done their job.

We've far from broken the bank to get here. Yes, the owners have invested loads, but that's not why we're here. Pearson and Claudio are why we're here.

Well take away ALL of that and what are you left with?

The fans.

This isn't a question of chicken and the egg.

Fans were here first and they will be here long after the inevitable money bubble bursts.

No not true, you had some lads who got together to form a football team.A new fad at the time.

Fans were friends and fellow enthusiasts.So dont make out we were the first who cracked the egg to

make it stand on its end...

The mass of supporters grew and a club developed, just like the daily paper reports, went to radio, then

tv, then Jimmy hills support creating match of the day, that evolved to a sports program coverage called sky.

Wether you paid 1 pound for a seat in the 1800s to now pays 10s of pounds, with sponsorship, various

ownership, which covers all spectrums.That fans dont seem to complain about when its working out ok.

It was a mistake by Sky and their PL partners.This thread worries me a little, that we have our biggest game

in our history, and some dodos want to scupper it, without any prolonged logical thought.

OK but it won't mean empty seats. You're still going to the game aren't you? The stadium tomorrow will be full.

The 5,000 fans who got tickets are the lucky few. I doubt that anybody other that STHs even got the chance to get a ticket did they?

"Lucky"  lol

The exact opposite actually. I guess we didn't need the "brilliant" support we have now the season we were relegated to League 1 and didn't sell out anywhere.

Must've been a lot of "unlucky" people that season who couldn't even buy tickets for empty seats. 

I honestly can't make my mind up wether to join in or not :) I wholeheartedly agree with what unionfs are trying to do, Sky take this piss, however liverpools game got me concerned, was it a coincidence? possibly, do we want to risk having a negative impact on the first 5 mins? Maybe the result? I don't! But I'm sure I'll change my mind several times before Sunday :/

I'd be slightly embarrassed (even more embarrassed that I can't spell it) for the players if fans not being there affected them that much for a whole game, never mind 5 minutes. They're going to be so amped up I doubt they will even notice anything outside the white lines that mark the pitch.

I admire the people that will be standing up for what they believe in, but I also think it won't have much of an impact visually if you just see pockets of empty seats dotted about.

From a greedy point of view I'm massively looking forward to the games on Sky on sunday, shame Villa v Liverpool is sandwiched inbetween.

Whats more important? Taking a stand against the organisation that is putting a large amount of time and effort into ruining the game or supporting your side for 5 mins.

I'd happily lose on Sunday if we have a big impact on Sky's philosophy of ****ing over genuine fans. You're a bit of a knob if you've not got a ticket but you're telling people to sit back and accept it because it's not screwed you over.

Archived