Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

When TV games are announced in December and then the club sells tickets for a certain date it shouldn't be moved after that.

You clearly aren't bothered about fans who have now lost money or can't go as your happy you can't sit down and watch it on your sofa.

How would you have felt if you were affected?

I would agree with that. But that's obviously not part of the contract that Sky have with the Premier League.

If I were affected I would be pissed off.  But since this is the first time that this has ever happened I would probably just email both clubs and the Premier League airing my greviance, and ask that they consider introducing such a 'cut off' point as you suggest. But I would also tell myself that i'm not the only human being in the Universe, and that my own personal grievance was not sufficient to try to encourage 2,999 other people to protest on my behalf  - especially since that protest could have ever a tiny impact on the team I love.

In other words: "Shit happens!"  Handle it like a grown-up.

Ultimately I think the principle behind the protest is spot on. I fully accept Sky are allowed to show games and pay us well for doing so, but 23 days is an absolute joke.

That said, I think Sunday is the wrong place, wrong time. Potentially our biggest game in years and I think we need to be behind the boys from the minute they walk out the tunnel. The emirates is daunting enough, without a section of our fans missing.

Ultimately I think the principle behind the protest is spot on. I fully accept Sky are allowed to show games and pay us well for doing so, but 23 days is an absolute joke.

That said, I think Sunday is the wrong place, wrong time. Potentially our biggest game in years and I think we need to be behind the boys from the minute they walk out the tunnel. The emirates is daunting enough, without a section of our fans missing.

Correct, if it's that much of a joke do a Tifo about it at a home match.

Because, as you yourself admit, hundreds have been inconvenienced by this. Matchgoing supporters. Without them there, there would be no game to televise. Therefore, do you not agree they ought to be treated with a bit more respect?

Have you tried booking rail tickets at less than a month's notice lately? The price increase is pretty dramatic - especially for many of our younger supporters and families, for whom a train trip to London can represent a pretty hefty portion of their income.

Yes I do agree.

And if you suggested a protest that was proportionate to the injury that these people have suffered, AND that had absolutely no chance of effecting our chances on Saturday, I would give you my full support on it.

Because, as you yourself admit, hundreds have been inconvenienced by this. Matchgoing supporters. Without them there, there would be no game to televise. Therefore, do you not agree they ought to be treated with a bit more respect?

Have you tried booking rail tickets at less than a month's notice lately? The price increase is pretty dramatic - especially for many of our younger supporters and families, for whom a train trip to London can represent a pretty hefty portion of their income.

And there's the VALID points, any financial iconvenience should be raised with and compensated by the perpetrators Sky or Premier League, I would lobby and claim against them direct instead of this ill considered approach. Not saying its not a pisser or wrong I just think its been blown out of proportion and this action is not justified when other approaches should have been taken first.

Sky announce their TV schedule for the month on a specific date. If a fixture is not listed on that schedule it isn't unreasonable to assume that it won't be getting moved. The actual number of weeks' notice is almost secondary here, it's the fact that Sky appeared to have confirmed they weren't going to show this game and then went back on the decision.

Agree.

My issue is with the protest being out of proportion to the injury suffered, not with the principle.

Yes I do agree.

And if you suggested a protest that was proportionate to the injury that these people have suffered, AND that had absolutely no chance of effecting our chances on Saturday, I would give you my full support on it.

And what, do you propose, would be proportionate - and capture the same amount of attention as this has nationally already?

The idea it will affect our chances on Sunday is a fallacy - as made clear by this week's Dortmund example cited numerous times in the thread already.

And what, do you propose, would be proportionate - and capture the same amount of attention as this has nationally already?

The idea it will affect our chances on Sunday is a fallacy - as made clear by this week's Dortmund example cited numerous times in the thread already.

Perhaps, but you don't know that for sure.

Personally I wouldn't protest at all because I don't believe that having to re-book train tickets is worthy of press attention. However, I do respect the views of others, such as yourself.

I think you should email Arsenal/LCFC/Premier League and tell them how much money you've lost. Maybe a newspaper too. This is the first time that this has ever happened. It does not justify a mass protest against a TV Channel that has changed the date of a football match in order to broadcast it to a nation (and thereby increase its own profits).

Perhaps, but you don't know that for sure.

Personally I wouldn't protest at all because I don't believe that having to re-book train tickets is worthy of press attention. However, I do respect the views of others, such as yourself.

I think you should email Arsenal/LCFC/Premier League and tell them how much money you've lost. Maybe a newspaper too. This is the first time that this has ever happened. It does not justify a mass protest against a TV Channel that has changed the date of a football match in order to broadcast it to a nation (and thereby increase its own profits).

Doesn't mean it won't be the last if we just do nothing!

Is quite amusing that 2 of the main posters against this action aren't even going.

You really are showing what a look at me, I'm a better fan dummy you are. There are thousands that are season ticket holders and loyal fans that are not going.

The fact you resort to such a pathetic jibe shows how lame and short sighted you really are. So in your opinion Im not going so I am not allowed an opinion on the matter?

Sanctimonious fool, grow up !

It might not be you this time, it could be you another time. Sky have done it once, they could do it again.

I dont believe you have really read the comments of others.

Many have stated they also thought Skys and PL have been thoughtless.

Its just the idea of having a demo, doesnt sit well with many.

There needs to a rule that once tickets go on sale the date and time cannot be changed (unless it is for safety reasons). Ok, home seats go on sale well before the away seats - but there must be a system top protect travelling fans who shell out for rail tickets and hotels etc.

There needs to a rule that once tickets go on sale the date and time cannot be changed (unless it is for safety reasons). Ok, home seats go on sale well before the away seats - but there must be a system top protect travelling fans who shell out for rail tickets and hotels etc.

Brilliant idea

Archived