Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

I would bet my house that there are people moaning about the protest in this thread who sit on their arse at games in silence for the whole 90 minutes let alone 5! lol

No one can sit at away games anymore ! If you do you see nothing !

Good thing betting your house wasn't possible !

lol Wtf are you on about now Harry? You really don't think there will be arguments between fans taking part and fans choosing not to? Have you seen some of neanderthal fans that travel away? Do you remember Villa a few weeks ago? Not a case of not liking people, it's a case of being realistic when it comes to a small section of our "fans".

That wasn't what you were saying though, was it?

You said that you could see "people getting abused for not taking part". You were clearly accusing one side of being unpleasant without knowing what has happened. You can feign superiority all you want but the fact remains you were trying to paint one group as 'the bad side' before anything's happened.

That wasn't what you were saying though, was it?

You said that you could see "people getting abused for not taking part". You were clearly accusing one side of being unpleasant without knowing what has happened. You can feign superiority all you want but the fact remains you were trying to paint one group as 'the bad side' before anything's happened.

I might be wrong, but I find it very hard to believe that nothing will be said to the people ignoring the protest and going to their seats. Granted most will respect peoples decision not to join in but we'll see.

This thread is shocking evidence of how the majority of English football fans are happy just to bend over and take it when being shafted by a broadcasting company.

Standard mentality of 'I'm fine so why should I care' absolutely embarrassing.

I'm not bending over or being shafted so yes I'm fine thanks and until someone puts forward a reasoned, intelligent and informed post as to why I'm not then that view won't change!

Im still awaiting answers to a post above so maybe you will, my understandibg is this action is about Sky moving the game,Is that correct? If so why are ticket prices being mixed in to the argument? And if so what is the issue with OUR prices?

People disagreeing and stating reasons why they disagree are not shocking it's considered and reasoned opinion in my opinion.

I think it's pointless and potentially damaging, you protest away, time will tell.

Bet the people moaning about the protest are people who aren't going anywhere and so the change didn't affect them.

Dropofclaridge only got a ticket after the change of date so he probably benefited from sky moving the game.

I have 4 tickets ;) before and after :) , so yes I did benefit , well my friends did

If you also look on the arsenal thread I stated a week before it was changed I could actually see the change happening

That's not the point

I'm actually intrigued to see how it goes now and see how many support it

The sentiments I agree with but I'd much prefer to have seen it done the first 5 mins of 2nd half

Or home against Norwich

It's the timing I have an over all issue with not the fact people are protesting

Everyone has a right to protest

Bet the people moaning about the protest are people who aren't going anywhere and so the change didn't affect them.

Dropofclaridge only got a ticket after the change of date so he probably benefited from sky moving the game.

Stop trotting out this bs argument, I've got a ticket you've not! What's happened is an inconvenience and frustrating, I get that, the action and protest I totally disagree with as I see it as pointless and ridiculous.i would love to be there but the priority system, which I totally agree with means the opportunity to secure tickets are very limited. I will and never have bleated about that so I won't condone the ridiculous over reaction/protest to a fixture change due to how amazing we're doing.If I was luvky enough to be there I would certainly not miss a second for a protest that, in my opinion, will achieve fvck all.

Stop trotting out this bs argument, I've got a ticket you've not! What's happened is an inconvenience and frustrating, I get that, the action and protest I totally disagree with as I see it as pointless and ridiculous.i would love to be there but the priority system, which I totally agree with means the opportunity to secure tickets are very limited. I will and never have bleated about that so I won't condone the ridiculous over reaction/protest to a fixture change due to how amazing we're doing.If I was luvky enough to be there I would certainly not miss a second for a protest that, in my opinion, will achieve fvck all.

Also you can see the mindset , if you disagree you get singled out for "mention" lol

For those of you that are making an effort to make a protest at the fixture change I say 'good on you'. I'd be doing the same if I was there. I use Now TV to watch what games are on SKY (I only get to 2/3 a season due to work and living in Norfolk) and they won't be getting my £6.99 for a day pass. I'll be listening to the game on the radio. Some will see it as a pointless gesture, but it will make me feel better and I do believe that every little bit done to show these massive corporations that fan power does and will count helps.

I know it's been said, but if we (paying football fans) weren't in that stadium there would be nothing to put on T.V; we are the reason they have this game to make billions off, we are the reason kids grow up wanting to play, we are the reason there is a BPL, a Championship, a L1 & L2,  the reason there is football in the first place. The more we remember that the more I believe we will realise the power resides with us and not them. One man in his living room refusing to watch SKY is not going to change anything, but when it's part of a family all over this nation wanting change for the sport they love it will. Not over night, not this season or the next, but one day they will realise that we can't be pushed and pushed.

OUR CLUB< OUR GAME!!

It's completely different, Union FS bang on about the need to create a great atmosphere for the lads then choose to miss the beginning of our most important game in years if not ever, every single ticket holder on Sunday should be roaring the team on for 90 minutes, not sulking because of sky sports, none of you would've been complaining if it was moved to 5.30 on the Saturday, Football isn't the game it was 20 years ago and unfortunately we're just gonna have to deal with it.

That's kind of the point though. It wasn't changed to that time. It was changed to a time which inconveniences people who had bought tickets for a Saturday 3pm game. 23 days is no notice. I can't make the re-arranged game. Don't want to make it all about me but I'm quite a good example in this case - I've organised my ticket, how I'm getting there only to be told 23 days before it that I can no longer attend what people are rightly saying is one of our biggest games in years, because Sky thought they'd make a late decision to fvck around with it - even though it was obvious to everyone (other than the Mark Lawrensons of the world) around December that this was going to be a massive game.

They are right about the atmosphere, but it's five minutes of the game. If Danny Simpson slips and lets Sanchez in one on one after 3 minutes on Sunday, it's not because people are in the concourse.

And let's be totally honest here - let's not pretend we have a very vocal away backing this season.

Convinced most people against this are missing the point. The protest isn't because we have games moved, I think we've all accepted that, it's because it was moved with pathetic notice, after tickets were bought, after travel was sorted. What good LCFC and East Midlands Trains have done shouldn't gloss over what cvnts Sky have been (again) just because Sky sports themselves tell you how much they've done for their own 'product'.

I think people need to realise the ONLY protest sky would take notice of is if people actually cancelled their subscriptions. To be honest I think this is a result of Liverpool boycotting in the 77th minute, seems like people are trying to copy them for some reason. I can tell you for a fact, sky will not give a shit about this protest it will just look like there's bad traffic around the ground forcing people to be late. The thing I don't understand is there will only be a minority who can't make it because of the actual day change, train travel companies are honouring the tickets already purchased and if you've booked a hotel you can stay over on the Saturday watch the football on the Sunday and go home the same day. I really cannot see the point in boycotting the first 5 minutes in such a crucial game as this, utterly pointless 'protest' imo.

Plans for this were made way before anyone even knew about the Liverpool thing. I'd say it was more copying Bayern Munich's.

Liverpool's is working too. Say what you like about how much effect it had on the day, the coverage it's had has turned it into a real talking point.

I've become convinced this is a good idea.

Truly it probably won't make a difference, and the 5 minute protest would be a small drop in a limitless ocean. Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops? Please everyone who feels in any way that Sky is being unfair in this and similar instances, join in. It's only 5 minutes.

Archived