Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Labour's anti Semitic problems.

The Labour party was the natural home of British Jews for years, no way could be be described as a anti-Zionist movement, it might be now after the lunatics have taken over the asylum but it certainly hasn't been in the past. The Labour friends of Israel group has always been one of the biggest movements in the party.

I noticed in another thread you said you were a card carrying member for twenty years, I don't really understand how anyone could be that, they might be called the same thing but Labour under Blair is a totally different political party to what it is now, they are even both massively different political ideologies.

It's important to remember this lot have only been in charge of the party for 9 months, can you imagine what it will look like if they get 5 years?!

Alf just touched on how important money is as well to win elections, there is a hell of a lot of Jewish money in politics and Labour might have even more regrets than they think when it comes around to trying to fund a campaign for 2020.

Jewish money ........power

there you go

When the Labour party was founded it was written in their constitution that they had to declare where the funding came from which was mainly from trade unions and party members. The Tory's do not have a rule so are not obliged to declare where their funding comes from. It is more likely to come from big corporations and their owners who benefit most  from Tory policies. They are unlikely to bite the hand that feeds them.

Money=influence=power.

When the Labour party was founded it was written in their constitution that they had to declare where the funding came from which was mainly from trade unions and party members. The Tory's do not have a rule so are not obliged to declare where their funding comes from. It is more likely to come from big corporations and their owners who benefit most  from Tory policies. They are unlikely to bite the hand that feeds them.

Money=influence=power.

Anything over £5k has to be declared where it's from. The Labour party also accept large donations from individuals.

Guest MattP

Ken we've been through this before, any donations over 5k have to be declared, stop making stuff up.

More bizarre stuff on Daily Politics today, some Labour members don't even seem to be bothered about hiding their bigotry anymore, the guy on earlier claimed he was being picked on because he was a Muslim.

If it wasn't for the fact that the Palestinians blow up innocent people , stab them ,hijack planes, murder athletes etc...you may have a point about being friends. 

Idiot

They are on a constant war footing and unfortunately all wars have innocent lives lost and it's terrible

I wish there was NO occupation of other people's lands , and I wish there was no war

Hamas are not "all palastinians" , in the same way ISIS are not all Muslims , or the IRA were not all Catholic Irish

Your statement is an horrific ignorant outburst

But there you go ..... What can one say really

They are on a constant war footing and unfortunately all wars have innocent lives lost and it's terrible

I wish there was NO occupation of other people's lands , and I wish there was no war

Hamas are not "all palastinians" , in the same way ISIS are not all Muslims , or the IRA were not all Catholic Irish

Your statement is an horrific ignorant outburst

But there you go ..... What can one say really

And you don't see any similarities from your corner?

Labour in a mess after a terrible week, election on Thursday and they send Dianne Abbott onto Andrew Marr?

I can see a the Labour Party splitting and a new party being formed!

The sooner the better. 

Guest MattP

Anyone else (from the right side of course) in a weird situation where they want the Labour party to actually do quite well on Thursday night?

Bit like Man City fans almost hoping United nick fourth so they stick with LVG instead of accidently stumbling upon a Mourinho.

October 2014

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu sparked public uproar when on Tuesday he claimed that the Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Husseini, was the one who planted the idea of the extermination of European Jewry in Adolf Hitler's mind. The Nazi ruler, Netanyahu said, had no intention of killing the Jews, but only to expel them.

In a speech before the World Zionist Congress in Jerusalem, Netanyahu described a meeting between Husseini and Hitler in November, 1941: "Hitler didn't want to exterminate the Jews at the time, he wanted to expel the Jew. And Haj Amin al-Husseini went to Hitler and said, 'If you expel them, they'll all come here (to Palestine).' According to Netanyahu, Hitler then asked: "What should I do with them?" and the mufti replied: "Burn them."

Netanyahu's remarks were quick to spark a social media storm, though Netanyahu made a similar claim during a Knesset speech in 2012, where he described the Husseini as "one of the leading architects" of the final solution.

What does this mean to the subject of Zionism and anti-semitism, and then to this threads subject as a whole?

It seems to me, that when the Israel Prime Minister can say this, then surely Ken Livingstone can do likewise.

Anyone else (from the right side of course) in a weird situation where they want the Labour party to actually do quite well on Thursday night?

Bit like Man City fans almost hoping United nick fourth so they stick with LVG instead of accidently stumbling upon a Mourinho.

Speaking as someone from the right side (namely, the Left), I have a similar weird situation re. the EU referendum. 

I'm mainly interested in the substantive issue, but the side-effects of a very narrow "Remain" vote would be amusing. I'm assuming that Europhile Tories would accept a "Leave" vote or drift away - and that Eurosceptics would have to do likewise if there was a large "Remain" vote. A narrow "Remain" vote, however, would be a near guarantee of widespread bitterness about the "unfair campaign", infighting and civil war in the Tory party, surely? Bring it on!  :D 

Re. Thursday, I think your wish for Corbyn to stay will be granted for now, at least. I was down in London yesterday and a poll in the Standard suggested that Sadiq Khan was still likely to win the London Mayoral election. Unless there's an absolute massacre elsewhere in England, that should be enough to save Corbyn for now, I reckon. A few lost council seats wouldn't be enough of a pretext for MPs to take on the party membership, even assuming they have a viable alternative candidate.

Guest MattP

Speaking as someone from the right side (namely, the Left), I have a similar weird situation re. the EU referendum. 

I'm mainly interested in the substantive issue, but the side-effects of a very narrow "Remain" vote would be amusing. I'm assuming that Europhile Tories would accept a "Leave" vote or drift away - and that Eurosceptics would have to do likewise if there was a large "Remain" vote. A narrow "Remain" vote, however, would be a near guarantee of widespread bitterness about the "unfair campaign", infighting and civil war in the Tory party, surely? Bring it on!  :D

Re. Thursday, I think your wish for Corbyn to stay will be granted for now, at least. I was down in London yesterday and a poll in the Standard suggested that Sadiq Khan was still likely to win the London Mayoral election. Unless there's an absolute massacre elsewhere in England, that should be enough to save Corbyn for now, I reckon. A few lost council seats wouldn't be enough of a pretext for MPs to take on the party membership, even assuming they have a viable alternative candidate.

The EU referendum is too important to me, it's about far more than party politics, I'd be happy for Labour to win every election again if meant we secured British independence in June.

I'd imagine a lot of UKIP voters would fancy the same outcome though, huge issue, people become passionate about it and then a close loss, lots of votes would fly from Labour and the Tories to them and they might be in a very good position going forward, part of me thinks people will still revert to norm though come 2020, I'm certain most people still vote Labour or Tory because they are terrified of the other being in power.

Anything over £5k has to be declared where it's from. The Labour party also accept large donations from individuals.

2009 Act means its now £7.5k to National HQ declared and £1.5k to Local Party Associations, with more rigorous checking on the background of the money too. 

I fail to understand what the difference is between racism,and anti semetism???????

racism

ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/

noun

1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

"theories of racism"

• prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

anti-Semitism

antiˈsɛmətɪzəm/

noun

1. hostility to or prejudice against Jews.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't make this up anymore, the person appointed to chair the "independent" investigation into anti-semitism recently joined the party.

http://news.sky.com/story/1697104/labour-anti-semitism-inquiry-chair-under-fire

They also won't be calling Ken Livingstone to give evidence.

Miss Chakrabarti defended her independence at a press conference in Parliament, saying she had joined the party after being appointed to show members she shared their values.

The former human rights campaigner said: "I consider myself to be independent. And I do not think I am less independent for making absolutely clear that I share the values of the Labour Party constitution and will seek to promote those values in any recommendations and findings.

"It is a judgement call but I thought that was the most honest thing to do - to be clear that I was undertaking this because I do believe in the values of the Labour Party and want to see them promoted not just in the Labour Party but in the world."

Given how uncompromising a figure she is, I don't think for one second this would effect her impartiality on this matter. I think she also made a point about Ken not being called because of the disciplinary proceedings already instigated - plus he's technically not a member of the party at the moment following his suspension.

Archived