Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RonnieTodger

When people borrow season tickets

we have an adult and an u22 and it's regularly 2 adults who go and nothing gets said. we used to switch it to an adult (go the TO and pay the difference and get a paper ticket) when we had turnstile staff but one of them forgot last season when i wasn't going and nobody noticed that a 50+ fella used a U22 ticket and nobody has since. 

From what I can gather at the turnstile they have a light system to identify whether a season ticket is an adult or child. Hence why there is a steward checking who comes through the turnstile. I could be completely wrong but that's what I always thought.

An U22 is a little easier to get away with. You could always try and if you are caught they will most likely ask you to just go to ticket office to upgrade the ticket

My mate is unavailable for the Southampton game, so I was thinking about letting my dad use his season ticket. However, we're U22s and obviously my dad isn't. With the scanning systems I'm assuming this isn't a problem or am i being naive? 

Pure pot luck as to if the steward the other side is watching the lights and doing his job, we have got away with it in the past when we have been in a rush, other times they pull you up and send you round to the ticket office to pay the difference.

Not that I advocate it, but one way to distract stewards is too try hold a conversation with them and turn them away from the turnstiles :ph34r:

You'd be very lucky to get away with it. I know in the Kop there is obviously the light system, a steward watching over the lights and also ticket auditors in black tabbards. You'd he better just upgrading it at the ticket office to an adult. Never been a problem doing it in the past.

Never ever been challenged getting into our ground with underage tickets. Not done that for a year or two mind. Got into Spurs away with an U18s ticket for a fiver last year, stewards more arsed about searching me for pyro than finding out who my ticket was meant to be for.

My grandad has missed a few games this season & we give the ticket to my Aunt & have never had any problems. His concession light is yellow & also my nephews lights are yellow so I assume concession is for kids & pensioners & green for adult who pays the full amount.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived