Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

ICC: PSG vs Leicester, Los Angeles, July 30th

The game will probably be at the Stub Hub Stadium , home of LA Galaxy in Carson. This is about 10 miles south of LAX airport. Be warned, this is not a good area of town. Do not book a hotel close to the stadium. Compton and East LA are the crime capitals of America, drug gangs, drive by shootings are commonplace. Under no circumstances wear blue in these areas. Blue stands for a gang called the Cripps, red belongs to the Bloods. There has been a 20 year war between these gangs. If you are getting a hotel, I would recommend staying somewhere like San Diego and then drive up. There is vertually no public transport, car hire is a necessity. Best car hire is Enterprise. Expect the weather to be clear blue sky and around 25c. Hope this is helpful. By the way I lived in California for 6 years.

The game will probably be at the Stub Hub Stadium , home of LA Galaxy in Carson. This is about 10 miles south of LAX airport. Be warned, this is not a good area of town. Do not book a hotel close to the stadium. Compton and East LA are the crime capitals of America, drug gangs, drive by shootings are commonplace. Under no circumstances wear blue in these areas. Blue stands for a gang called the Cripps, red belongs to the Bloods. There has been a 20 year war between these gangs. If you are getting a hotel, I would recommend staying somewhere like San Diego and then drive up. There is vertually no public transport, car hire is a necessity. Best car hire is Enterprise. Expect the weather to be clear blue sky and around 25c. Hope this is helpful. By the way I lived in California for 6 years.

Seems a bit over the top that.

Seems a bit over the top that.

It is over the top.

Why the f**k would you stay in San Diego (I'm from there, and that's 2 hours away) versus stay even in Long Beach, Santa Monica, Century City, or DTLA? Ridiculous hyperbole.

As long as you're within the stadium parking lot and stadium, you are perfectly fine. There's nothing around the stadium anyway, you'll drive in, drive out.

It is over the top.

Why the f**k would you stay in San Diego (I'm from there, and that's 2 hours away) versus stay even in Long Beach, Santa Monica, Century City, or DTLA? Ridiculous hyperbole.

As long as you're within the stadium parking lot and stadium, you are perfectly fine. There's nothing around the stadium anyway, you'll drive in, drive out.

It's like saying stay in Leicester because we're playing Palace away because Croydon (Compton is much worse) is a bit rough lol

Well guys, I know nothing. I only lived there for 6 years. If Carson is such a safe place perhaps you could tell me why my wife's friend was shot and murdered there. Listen, I'm just giving some free advice. If you don't want to take it then fine but don't cry when some guy shoots at your car. Your choice, you take the risk. By the way, yes you can stay somewhere closer like Long Beach or Newport Beach but San Diego is much nicer and safer( and cheaper hotels). They call it America's finest city for a reason. One other thing, don't be tempted to drive across the border to Tijuana. They kill people on an industrial scale down there.

Well guys, I know nothing. I only lived there for 6 years. If Carson is such a safe place perhaps you could tell me why my wife's friend was shot and murdered there. Listen, I'm just giving some free advice. If you don't want to take it then fine but don't cry when some guy shoots at your car. Your choice, you take the risk. By the way, yes you can stay somewhere closer like Long Beach or Newport Beach but San Diego is much nicer and safer( and cheaper hotels). They call it America's finest city for a reason. One other thing, don't be tempted to drive across the border to Tijuana. They kill people on an industrial scale down there.

maybe we could reform the baby squad and these cribbs and bloods won't know what's hit them!

This thread  :nigel:

... has escalated quickly!

Although I find some of bris' advice and comments a bit over the top, I'd adhere to the suggestions with regards to Compton and Carson, mainly out of personal safety.

On the other hand, I've been to the StubHub myself back in 2008 when Columbus beat NY Red Bulls 3-1 in the MLS Cup final. The weather and general mood couldn't have been better, picking up beer at a 7-11 beforehand, BBQ outside the stadium, lots of cheerful fans and a great stadium with a wonderful scenery, built into the ground.

Do you exactly realize how long of a drive that is, how unnecessary that is? Do you also realize how much more expensive it is to fly into SAN than LAX?

I am almost 100% I love San Diego more than anyone else here, but your advice is nonetheless ridiculous. No one has any reason for spending time in Carson aside from going in and out of the stadium. So as long as you're in the stadium or in the parking lot (which will be the case because there's nothing else to do there), you WILL be fine. We all agree on that.

I'm really sorry for your circumstances, but it's another thing to suggest something ridiculous like staying in a city the same distance from south LA as Leicester to London because of "violence". And TJ is perfectly fine as long as you stay near the border or visit Avenida Revolución -- no need to fear-monger, mate.

As for hotels, if you want to avoid the wrath of LA traffic, staying in Long Beach or Redondo Beach is probably your best bet. Those towns are essentially the nearest to Carson (that are safe), and the drives are ~30 min in normal traffic.

Stop with the hyperbole. I spent my entire childhood in SoCal, I'm pretty sure if you want to play the experience game, mine trumps yours.

Do you exactly realize how long of a drive that is, how unnecessary that is? Do you also realize how much more expensive it is to fly into SAN than LAX?

I am almost 100% I love San Diego more than anyone else here, but your advice is nonetheless ridiculous. No one has any reason for spending time in Carson aside from going in and out of the stadium. So as long as you're in the stadium or in the parking lot (which will be the case because there's nothing else to do there), you WILL be fine. We all agree on that.

I'm really sorry for your circumstances, but it's another thing to suggest something ridiculous like staying in a city the same distance from south LA as Leicester to London because of "violence". And TJ is perfectly fine as long as you stay near the border or visit Avenida Revolución -- no need to fear-monger, mate.

As for hotels, if you want to avoid the wrath of LA traffic, staying in Long Beach or Redondo Beach is probably your best bet. Those towns are essentially the nearest to Carson (that are safe), and the drives are ~30 min in normal traffic.

Stop with the hyperbole. I spent my entire childhood in SoCal, I'm pretty sure if you want to play the experience game, mine trumps yours.

Thank you for this post.

I'm not questioning anyone's local knowledge of LA, but I think the Bloods will be able to differentiate between a Crip gangster and Bernie in his MON jacket and jester hat growling at passing cars.

I'm not questioning anyone's local knowledge of LA, but I think the Bloods will be able to differentiate between a Crip gangster and Bernie in his MON jacket and jester hat growling at passing cars.

Haha, I'd pay good money to see that.

Archived