Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Champions League 2016/17

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Ronny the GOAT?

Messi >Ronaldo just because of body of work. He creates and scores while ronaldo is just a scorer (an historically great scorer I might add).

Portugal without ronaldo won the the euros while Argentina without messi was slapped by Bolivia and even after he missed a lot of games in the league, Madrid still won la liga.

Ronaldo has better teammates, Madrid's bench is insane. Just ask yourself, how many barca players can start for real Madrid?

Messi is dragging  average teammates, coach, FA and club management, feel sorry for him!

38 minutes ago, the fox said:

Messi >Ronaldo just because of body of work. He creates and scores while ronaldo is just a scorer (an historically great scorer I might add).

Portugal without ronaldo won the the euros while Argentina without messi was slapped by Bolivia and even after he missed a lot of games in the league, Madrid still won la liga.

Ronaldo has better teammates, Madrid's bench is insane. Just ask yourself, how many barca players can start for real Madrid?

Messi is dragging  average teammates, coach, FA and club management, feel sorry for him!

Messi's the better player but everything else you've said there is wrong

43 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Messi's the better player but everything else you've said there is wrong

Like?

Bigger names doesn't mean a better team, its all about balance (evident by the winners of the 2015-2016 pl trophy), Portugal has the better coach, FA and team balance.

Madrid has better players and better balance than the current barca team.

The Argentinian FA is a shambles, Barca's board is a a mess and the lack of quality and underperformance in the barca squad is criminal.

Madrid's bench is insane, its the best in the world.

Can't really see where I'm wrong.

On reflection fair play to Real Madrid, best team in Europe.

Records will show Real have won the champions league 3 times in 4 years but they arent quite at the level of the Barca team circa 2010 for me. Not far off mind.

8 hours ago, the fox said:

Like?

Bigger names doesn't mean a better team, its all about balance (evident by the winners of the 2015-2016 pl trophy), Portugal has the better coach, FA and team balance.

Madrid has better players and better balance than the current barca team.

The Argentinian FA is a shambles, Barca's board is a a mess and the lack of quality and underperformance in the barca squad is criminal.

Madrid's bench is insane, its the best in the world.

Can't really see where I'm wrong.

Ronaldo's got more assists than Messi this season lol

Ronaldo had an average Euros but still won it, Messi's been quiet in the Copa America finals as well as the World Cup. 

Real's squad is more balanced but Barca have three out of the four best players in the world with Iniesta, Busquets and Rakitic behind them, they're comparable sides.

Like I said Messi's the best in the world but Ronaldo's an absolutely incredible player.

42 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Ronaldo's got more assists than Messi this season lol

Ronaldo had an average Euros but still won it, Messi's been quiet in the Copa America finals as well as the World Cup. 

Real's squad is more balanced but Barca have three out of the four best players in the world with Iniesta, Busquets and Rakitic behind them, they're comparable sides.

Like I said Messi's the best in the world but Ronaldo's an absolutely incredible player.

That season is the exception, not the rule. Usually messi has more assists and he's by far the better playmaker.

messi had something like 5 goals and 5 assists in copa america and would've gotten the best player title if he won it (by far the best performer out of those two) but he can't do it all by himself. Its painful to watch messi trying to drag his team. 

That's not true at all, a modric kroos and casemiro mid is far better then an old iniesta, an underperforming busquets and, rakitic?

Just ask yourself, how many barca players can start for real Madrid right now? It's pique, messi and Suarez. That's it! 

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

And never let the Black Eyed Peas perform at a footballing event EVER again.

The group died in 2003, possibly as early as 2000, anyway.

A few dozen people dancing around an old, forgotten hip hop group,

Maybe Platini had the contract to stage the pregame?  Spend a few hundred, pocket the rest.

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Neither team were special?

:o

lol

Were you watching the game?

No need to be confrontational, just my opinion.

Yes, I watched the game.

Juve started off high tempo and stronger, but fell away badly. Their defending for the first, third and fourth goals was poor. Poor positioning, ball watching, if that had been city defending, FT would have gone in to meltdown. Leaving CR unmarked in the box was criminal and whilst I accept the game was over for the last goal, still half hearted attempts at defending.

Real were average first half at best, their goal was a surprise, but second half they bossed it no doubt. The second goal was obviously a massive bonus, folllowing a nothing shot, but thereafter they took control. Unfortunately, the Juve manager had no idea how to turn the match around. No plan B, so yes I thought Juve were nothing special.

Real's game plan, a passive first half, followed by a step up in the second half, clearly worked and they were deserved winners, but nowhere near the Barcelona standard of a few years ago.

An enjoyable game, but not a classic. My opinion. 

23 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Personally sad watching the game. Know it's stupid, but kept thinking it could have been us. Neither side were that special, but CR showed his big match temperament and that wicked deflected goal seemed to kill the game .

It is.

Juventus are a beautiful, extremely well organized team that would utterly steam roll any PL team. Yet they looked like a Sunday League team in the second half once Real stepped on the gas pedal. The sheer football quality in this final was levels above anything else one can see during a season. Any of those teams would have destroyed us.

19 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

It is.

Juventus are a beautiful, extremely well organized team that would utterly steam roll any PL team. Yet they looked like a Sunday League team in the second half once Real stepped on the gas pedal. The sheer football quality in this final was levels above anything else one can see during a season. Any of those teams would have destroyed us.

Absolutely sums it up. Real were sensational imo.

It was a sad game.  I can't stand watching cheaters anymore.  Real first cheated in the game against Bayern and then ruined the last game with just silly juvenile crap.  After Quadrado was sent off I just changed the channel.  I'd rather watch an honest Ligue 2 game over that shite!

5 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

It was a sad game.  I can't stand watching cheaters anymore.  Real first cheated in the game against Bayern and then ruined the last game with just silly juvenile crap.  After Quadrado was sent off I just changed the channel.  I'd rather watch an honest Ligue 2 game over that shite!

Yeah ok mate cheers

2 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

From your comment I assume these things don't bother you?  Ok, mate cheers.

I don't understand why it was a sad game? The Ramos / quadrado incident was a laughable joke but not to the point I'd turn it off.

cheers

Amazing how differently people see football.

Apart from the daft decision over the red card, I sat absolutely glued to the telebox for 90 mins. Some of the goals were sublime, the passing was, at times, ridiculously quick and the atmosphere brilliant.

I loved it. One of the better finals of recent years for me.

16 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Amazing how differently people see football.

Apart from the daft decision over the red card, I sat absolutely glued to the telebox for 90 mins. Some of the goals were sublime, the passing was, at times, ridiculously quick and the atmosphere brilliant.

I loved it. One of the better finals of recent years for me.

For sixty minutes it was absolutely brilliant. Then Juventus just didn't believe. 

The Real v Bayern games were the best of the year though. 

Archived