Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Champions League 2016/17

How many countries get their league winners as automatic top seeds?

Germany, Spain, England obviously, assume France, Portugal and Italy also? Do Holland? Not sure who's next after that in the coefficient actually, Ukraine? Turkey?

So obviously this belongs in this section now.

Who else has qualified? PSG, us, Bayern and Dortmund only confirmed teams in the group stage so far?

We're not guaranteed group stage are we?

Oh come on. If we don't finish top two, let alone top three, I'll do laps of frog island in my pants.

I reckon we'll finish 5th.

We've only been guaranteed Champions League next season, our seeding is still an open guess as long as the fourth-placed in the PL is still mathematically able to catch us.

Once that hurdle's been passed, we're in the group stage for sure.

The qualified teams as of right now (also not seeded yet):

Real Madrid

FC Barcelona

Atlético Madrid

Benfica

Juventus
Ajax

PSV Eindhoven

Sporting

Barca, Atletico & Real will obvs be there too.

We've only been guaranteed Champions League next season, our seeding is still an open guess as long as the fourth-placed in the PL is still mathematically able to catch us.

aren't we first seeds automatically if we win the league?

How many countries get their league winners as automatic top seeds?

Germany, Spain, England obviously, assume France, Portugal and Italy also? Do Holland? Not sure who's next after that in the coefficient actually, Ukraine? Turkey?

It's the champions of Spain, England, Germany, Italy, Portugal, France, Russia and if the champions league winners this season also win their league, Ukraine.

Dream draw (we'd be pot 1 as it's a dream scenario so no Barcelona, PSG, Bayern etc):

Leicester

Atletico Madrid

Roma

Club Brugge

I think we could finish 2nd in that group and there'd be some great trips.

Dream draw (we'd be pot 1 as it's a dream scenario so no Barcelona, PSG, Bayern etc):

Leicester

Atletico Madrid

Roma

Club Brugge

I think we could finish 2nd in that group and there'd be some great trips.

I'll go ****ing nuts for Club Brugge, Sparta Praha or FC Kobenhavn.

What do people expect we need to do to our playing style to not "embarrass ourselves" in the CL, as we keep being told that we will? 

Make more passes between the centre halves, make more passes rather than shooting, spend £25mil on a couple of players who are good on FIFA, make excuses when we lose etc....

Hoping for:

A big team (e.g. Barca/Real - whichever one doesn't win La Liga)

A sunny one (re-union with Esteban out in Greece?!)

A chance of getting my head kicked in/edgy one (some Eastern European "I was there" kind of sh*thole)

Are we going to be the first ever English team that's in it who doesn't care about progressing?! Give me the group of death and a run in the Europa League having finished third any day...

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/79/68/69/1796869_DOWNLOAD.pdf

112 pages of current UEFA rules and regulations if there are any insomniacs amongst us.

5% Minimum allocation for away teams plus 200 posh seats for their dignitaries/sponsors etc.

Didn't look to see if we could have our clappers.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/79/68/69/1796869_DOWNLOAD.pdf

112 pages of current UEFA rules and regulations if there are any insomniacs amongst us.

5% Minimum allocation for away teams plus 200 posh seats for their dignitaries/sponsors etc.

Didn't look to see if we could have our clappers.

Got to have the clappers.  Not playing if we can't have our clappers!

Archived