Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

Just come back to me, but didn't payet dive on the edge of the box, after already being booked for nearly breaking vardy leg.

If a player should have seen red, payet should have gone, his first was a yellow, and if we are giving vardy a yellow for diving, should have been 10 v 10.

Might be wrong if it was payet, as red mist had kick in, but their was a dive waved on

You're an idiot

Yeah sure, and so is Wrighty and Shearer and pretty much every impartial that says obvious dive?  Only people saying otherwise are blinkered city fans.

YOU are the idiot.  For following the crowd, and not your own reason.

Football fans.. absolutely the most irrational and stupid fans of any sports, I'm sad to say that in my short time conversing with them, all of the stereotypes are true.

If you want a (mostly) impartial view of your game yesterday, then whilst a draw was probably a fair result in the end, I would say that the referee lost it completely on several levels....

If you're going to give a penalty (even after talking to Huth and Morgan) you have to be consistent and Ogbonna was doing the same all game, specifically on Vardy and later Huth, so you should have got one as well. In my view the only credit Moss deserves is that he may have realised this and thus awarded the penalty at the end, which was very harsh on West Ham....so all in all a penalty each, was probably about right, but not the way they were arrived at.

Vardy was silly, in that situation it's 50/50, you either get a pen or a yellow card...especially for the way he actually went down, which in fact only 'exaggerated the possible dive' element, whether it was or wasn't, he didn't need to do it. Either way the first yellow he got wasn't, but his previous tackle probably was....End of the day, he shouldn't have given a poor referee the opportunity to make a decision.

You at least deserved the draw...but the match became a lottery with that ref and if it had been one of our games I would have been left thinking...what on earth had just happened? I wouldn't know whether to be angry or relieved, probably just frustrated....

In fact the way this weekends results have gone...I wouldn't be surprised if the same emotions happen tonight. Stoke away is a tough place to go.

Very well said, I could tell at half time that this ref was not to be given the opportunity to send someone off or give game damaging decisions away, it was the same at Arsenal with Martin Atkinson. You sometimes just sense it and wish that the players could wise up to it but I suppose you're asking a player to completely change what they do so well in an instant in order to prevent something. Sometimes it just happens and thankfully we've not had to deal with too many horror shows like that this season. I thought we were much the better side in the first half bar their glorious chance in the opening minute and Vardy really should have connected with Okazaki's cross ball a minute before the sending off and then it would have been much harder for West Ham to get anything with or without Moss's ineptitude. A draw is about fair though after you weigh up what happened and it's important given you boys have to win twice and we have to lose twice to over take us, had we lost yesterday a win and a draw would do it if we were to slip up with two defeats. It's a bit of a difference and something for us to keep ploughing forward with.

Yeah sure, and so is Wrighty and Shearer and pretty much every impartial that says obvious dive? Only people saying otherwise are blinkered city fans.

YOU are the idiot. For following the crowd, and not your own reason.

Football fans.. absolutely the most irrational and stupid fans of any sports, I'm sad to say that in my short time conversing with them, all of the stereotypes are true.

Wait so you've spoke to every single football fan.I've not but i know some are clever some stupid some rational some not.

Also what do you mean by "short time conversing with them" Strange comment have you only been into football for a few weeks?

It was a blatant dive, Vardy has done it for the last few seasons but more often than not he's so good at drawing a foul that he gets the decision in his favour. Rightly or wrongly if you play the game he plays then you may get decisions like yesterday however hard it is to take. He's won us a lot more points than the 2 we dropped yesterday from getting us penalties. I don't want this to sound like I'm happy to win games through cheating because I don't think he's cheating as such. He just has found the art of getting defenders to foul him but it's a fine line and yesterday he felt the arm across him and he threw his body in to his opponents hoping that at that same time he'd have committed a challenge and it would have been a clear penalty.

Wait so you've spoke to every single football fan.I've not but i know some are clever some stupid some rational some not.

Also what do you mean by "short time conversing with them" Strange comment have you only been into football for a few weeks?

A few months actually, though what that has to do with anything I don't know.  I'm already more analytical of the game than large proportion of diehards it seems.

after my rage has (very slightly) cooled there is one point I really forgot to make.

That is..

What a fantastic team we really have, 10 men down, eventually 2-1 down and still they kept trying.

The reason we got the penalty was just this - we never gave up. That's inspirational really

It was a blatant dive, Vardy has done it for the last few seasons but more often than not he's so good at drawing a foul that he gets the decision in his favour. Rightly or wrongly if you play the game he plays then you may get decisions like yesterday however hard it is to take. He's won us a lot more points than the 2 we dropped yesterday from getting us penalties. I don't want this to sound like I'm happy to win games through cheating because I don't think he's cheating as such. He just has found the art of getting defenders to foul him but it's a fine line and yesterday he felt the arm across him and he threw his body in to his opponents hoping that at that same time he'd have committed a challenge and it would have been a clear penalty.

tbf there are plenty of voices of reason around, here is one.

Still shocked by the amount of people that are saying it wasn't a dive.  FFS go to the bathroom mirror, slap yourself round the face, then watch the replay again.

I'm glad at least someone could see the initial contact. Ogbonna was clearly trying to stop Vardy getting away. At that initial point it's a penalty. Everything that happened afterwards was incidental really although a consequence of what happened in the first place.      

I can understand people saying that Vardy made a meal of it, but he was entitled to as Ogbonna clearly and intentionally pulled him back. I don't get why so many people are going against what their eyes are telling them?! Also, with regard to the way Vardy is targeted by opposing teams - During both goals that he scored against Sunderland, he was physically clinched (by their players) en route to scoring them. It seems it's ok so long as he is able to shrug them off?! And he's not exactly the most powerfully built forward there is. I might be wrong, but I rarely recall seeing Sanchez or Aguero similarly manhandled in the run up to most of their goals. If so, surely their strike rates would be way lower, because they'd be diving and rolling, commando style, at every opportunity!

It wasn't a dive. A simulated foul is a more accurate description. It is quite clear that Vardy put his leg over the defenders run so that contact was made i.e. simulated. Both players fell to the ground.

It was the only correct decision Moss gave all game albeit in the context in what had come before it, questionable.

from skysport

Should Robert Huth have won a penalty?

Henry's verdict: "I think if you compare this incident with the one that was given for West Ham then you can say it looks like a similar foul, but it's not really clear. It could have been a penalty, but the difference between this one and the West Ham one was Ogbonna got away with it just like Huth and Morgan had done previously. Ogbonna had not been warned yet, the referee let two go for Leicester and talked to them, he hadn't yet spoken to Ogbonna."

Heskey's verdict: "It's a difficult one because when you have warned someone you focus on that team and that player, but you are not focusing on the other side. I don't think the referee was looking out for it, but he was looking at Wes and Huth for an incident."

post-25157-0-66771400-1460994849_thumb.j

post-25157-0-87856900-1460995248_thumb.j

Very well said, I could tell at half time that this ref was not to be given the opportunity to send someone off or give game damaging decisions away, it was the same at Arsenal with Martin Atkinson. You sometimes just sense it and wish that the players could wise up to it but I suppose you're asking a player to completely change what they do so well in an instant in order to prevent something. Sometimes it just happens and thankfully we've not had to deal with too many horror shows like that this season. I thought we were much the better side in the first half bar their glorious chance in the opening minute and Vardy really should have connected with Okazaki's cross ball a minute before the sending off and then it would have been much harder for West Ham to get anything with or without Moss's ineptitude. A draw is about fair though after you weigh up what happened and it's important given you boys have to win twice and we have to lose twice to over take us, had we lost yesterday a win and a draw would do it if we were to slip up with two defeats. It's a bit of a difference and something for us to keep ploughing forward with.

after my rage has (very slightly) cooled there is one point I really forgot to make. That is.. What a fantastic team we really have, 10 men down, eventually 2-1 down and still they kept trying. The reason we got the penalty was just this - we never gave up. That's inspirational really

Couple of things firstly Ric...the thing that both Leicester and our boys seem to be ignoring are the dreaded draws....ie if Leicester draw a couple or even three rather than winning it makes a huge difference...same goes for us in reverse to your benefit. We really have to win tonight to make a significant difference.

and Midland....I agree, I think that's what has set both Spurs and Leicester apart this season. The respective managers and players have bought into the 'never give up' mindset.

I've got an uncomfortable evening ahead.

from skysport

Should Robert Huth have won a penalty?

Henry's verdict: "I think if you compare this incident with the one that was given for West Ham then you can say it looks like a similar foul, but it's not really clear. It could have been a penalty, but the difference between this one and the West Ham one was Ogbonna got away with it just like Huth and Morgan had done previously. Ogbonna had not been warned yet, the referee let two go for Leicester and talked to them, he hadn't yet spoken to Ogbonna."

Heskey's verdict: "It's a difficult one because when you have warned someone you focus on that team and that player, but you are not focusing on the other side. I don't think the referee was looking out for it, but he was looking at Wes and Huth for an incident."

He should be sacked instantly for this garbage. Henry is a clown.

Sorry, one other thing that only a few people have picked up on and that was Claudio Ranieri's reaction in the TV interview after the game...class act, all season long to be honest.

Absolutely agree, but with other managers constantly moaning and putting pressure on officials I wonder whether he needs to do likewise.

I think a few of you are missing the obvious mistakes yesterday. Aside from fact that the Ref was worse than awful.

Vardy's first Card should be rescinded as he never made contact.

For the second Card and sending off, Vardy was clearly fouled first. So it should have been a Penalty for us.

I got the impression he had it in for Vardy since the Everton game.

For Huth's Penalty appeal Moss was looking directly at him. 

But the Powers that be where never going to let us win easy and make fools of the big Clubs.

I think a few of you are missing the obvious mistakes yesterday. Aside from fact that the Ref was worse than awful.

Vardy's first Card should be rescinded as he never made contact.

For the second Card and sending off, Vardy was clearly fouled first. So it should have been a Penalty for us.

I got the impression he had it in for Vardy since the Everton game.

For Huth's Penalty appeal Moss was looking directly at him.

But the Powers that be where never going to let us win easy and make fools of the big Clubs.

Yellow cards cannot be rescinded!

Archived