Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

On tunnel cam, moss comes off after the game and doubles back to the tunnel entrance to say something to Andrew Neville whom he asks 'is that the secretary'. When he speaks to him, the sound is blanked out so it's clearly important. (And likely controversial). Seems he is unhappy about something that has gone on out there. When walshy comes off, Neville mentions something quietly to him. Looks like something will be in the refs report which isn't favourable to us. was anything thrown onto the pitch ?

Proud of the lads though, even with everything against them they dug in and still didn't lose. They did nothing wrong today, West Ham are a decent side and knew how to stop us somewhat, but we still played our game and made things happen.

If there was any justice in the world they'd have been rewarded with 3 points today, but there isn't.

Proud of the lads though, even with everything against them they dug in and still didn't lose. They did nothing wrong today, West Ham are a decent side and knew how to stop us somewhat, but we still played our game and made things happen.

If there was any justice in the world they'd have been rewarded with 3 points today, but there isn't.

Well we were extremely lucky not to be 1-0 behind after 2 minutes and I cant think of too many clear cut chances we had in the game even with 11 men? A draw was the fair result. Even if Vardy stayed on the pitch, who's to say West ham wouldn't have equalised? Are you suggesting that we wouldn't have given away a penalty from a corner if Vardy was still on the pitch?

its all a conspiracy anyway

ref changed mid-week and then an even more paid off ref making a real hash of the decisions 

we got that last minute penno as he felt guilty and he/we knew it (JUSTICE)

a point felt like a win there, the lads will be fired up for the Swans game, cant wait

everyone's harping on about it but they should just ban bear hugging in the box, if you do it penno, simple as

plus the following people can fvck right off too:

the PTB than are in charge of the EPL trying their hardest to stop us winning the league

Collymore

Alan Smith

Spuds fans

"Phil" from leicester who was on talksport earlier, agreeing with everything that tw@t collymore was saying

Well we were extremely lucky not to be 1-0 behind after 2 minutes and I cant think of too many clear cut chances we had in the game even with 11 men? A draw was the fair result. Even if Vardy stayed on the pitch, who's to say West ham wouldn't have equalised? Are you suggesting that we wouldn't have given away a penalty from a corner if Vardy was still on the pitch?

I think your missing the point.....the sending off completely changed the game....whilst not fluent we did look a threat and anyone who watches us will know that JV creates space and is a threat which after losing him meant not only were we down to 10 but also had less of a threat.

So although he would have had no impact on the conceded penalty I think your naive if you can't see the red card changed the whole game.....

I think your missing the point.....the sending off completely changed the game....whilst not fluent we did look a threat and anyone who watches us will know that JV creates space and is a threat which after losing him meant not only were we down to 10 but also had less of a threat.

So although he would have had no impact on the conceded penalty I think your naive if you can't see the red card changed the whole game.....

It did change the game but Who's to say the game wouldn't have ended 1-1 with a last minute equaliser? I still think West Ham would have scored whatever happened to Vardy.

No - I don't understand it either. They replayed it several times on Sky. The first blatant interference is the Ogbonna's arm over Vardy's right shoulder on to his chest. It's impeding, but these days it's viewed as fair in the tussle. it's not football though. Next thing is Ogbonna uses his weight to dislodge Vardy - Vardy keeps on running and the legs of both players intertwine and down they go. It's between a penalty and a 50-50 and wave on play. Ogbonna actually claps the ref. which is a shitty gesture. I'll watch again on MotD tonight.

Moss is from Sunderland - so who's to say he wasn't getting revenge on City for beating them last week.

It should be though - arms spread a bit to make your body bigger, leaning in, it's all part of tussling for the ball - start making it against the rules (or rather clamping down on it) and you start getting free-kicks for every time two players run alongside each other. 

Last bit is hilarious mind - phenomenal amount of straws in hand for anyone suggesting that.

Thanks for that....fair and unbiased 'resume'..

Always suspected that this would be a potential 'trip hazard' for us, so not deflated by 'only' a draw!

Moss was appalling for both teams (his linos were equally incompetent at times too). Got the feeling that the 'John Moss Self Publicity Roadshow'....Supporters of BOTH teams have good reason to be absolutely seething at the total ineptness and inconsistency displayed by the officials today!

All in all not too bad a day at the office. 3 more points for us and Man C and the 'Arse' are both out of sight for us....just leaves the Spuds to deal with!

As for your boys, I really hope you can finish strongly and possibly 'nick' the final CL spot...Bolasie's goal suggests you might!

I work with a lifelong 'Hammers' fan who's a decent chap...He wants us to win the League. I want you to be on the European tour with us !

I would love for us to make Champions league with you lot, but think it might be out of our hands now. Some of the decisions that have gone against us recently (chelsea last min pen outside the box, kouyate red vs palace, legitimate goal ruled out vs Arsenal), have put us too far down with not enough games to make up for it.

Hopefully we can hold on to Europa at least. You lot certainly deserve to be where you are, and I hope you manage to hold on to it. The league needs Leicester winning the title, to prove that anyone can do it. Everyone seems to think you will be raided for your best players come the summer, but if you can hold on to them and have some clever recruitment, there is no reason why you can't challenge again next season. Best of luck to us both!

Vardy did dive, and he's a div for doing so given that he was on a booking. He's even more of a div for calling the ref what he did afterwards. If he gets an extended ban it's his own fault. Let's hope he doesn't.

Vardy shouldn't have been booked - unless you wanted to double book about threequarters of the players in outfield positions.

The foul on him was a clear penalty. The defender clearly put strong restraining hand on his shoulder in a deliberate attempt to stop him breaking clear and the fact that Vardy probably needn't have gone to ground as a result is irrelevent. He knew he'd been impeded in breaking for goal and wanted the fact acknowledged with a penalty.

Huth too should have had a penalty and more especially with the referee having such a clear view of him being all but strangled. In most situations when West Ham had an attacking free kick or corner the referee could have blown for a whole stack of different fouls but he was extremely selective and I'd doubt anyone had a clue what he'd deem a foul and what not he really was random rather than consistent.

The Schlupp penalty was innocuous but a penalty nonetheless but, again, having ruled it a penalty there were worse challenges that went unpunished. For me he ruined the contest completely.

It was a robust game between two highly committed teams and I was left thinking I'd rather the referee had not made any of his crucial decisions and simply left the teams to slog it out between them. At least everyone would have known where they stood and realised that they had to do the job themselves rather than having the referee decide on whatever strange basis ran through his mind.        

Moss saunters around the pitch as if he owns it desperately waiting to blow his whistle, it wasn't just the big decisions he got so horribly wrong, it was all of the little ones too....I can understand that some decisions are hard to call due to the pace of the game, but he was so horribly inconsistent it was a ****ing disgrace, how the **** Eminike got away with throwing himself around like he was riding a bucking ****ing donkey is beyond me, yet Vardy gets sent for a bubble bath when he quite simply initiates contact, no penalty but it certainly wasn't a ****ing second yellow....

Both of us fell victim to the useless cvnt today, he ruined what was a good game, luckily for us it's a point gained and isn't too detrimental, but his decision to send Vardy could prove to be so...some of these referees need to drop their attitude.

lol and they reckon andy carroll should be in the Euro 2016 squad ?

that big lump of geordie sh!te is well passed it, he was never any good anyway

if we take him we will be a laughing stock

So this ref has caused a huge argument in our house today. I hope he can afford to be sued for causing stress to someone in his care.

The Mrs didn't take too kindly to me shouting at the computer and telling the ref he had it all wrong. She then proceeded to have a go at me while my adrenaline is still rushing so I took my iPad with me somewhere else to watch it. Now this evening I've just had the third degree about how she is frustrated about being stuck in the house all weekend and that I should of offered to take her out. Well I'm sorry you had a go at me and told me to go somewhere else. Now you've just said I shouldn't have gone and taken you out after the football instead.

Bloody pregnant women, almost as bad as terrible referees!

Vardy shouldn't have been booked - unless you wanted to double book about threequarters of the players in outfield positions.

The foul on him was a clear penalty. The defender clearly put strong restraining hand on his shoulder in a deliberate attempt to stop him breaking clear and the fact that Vardy probably needn't have gone to ground as a result is irrelevent. He knew he'd been impeded in breaking for goal and wanted the fact acknowledged with a penalty.

Huth too should have had a penalty and more especially with the referee having such a clear view of him being all but strangled. In most situations when West Ham had an attacking free kick or corner the referee could have blown for a whole stack of different fouls but he was extremely selective and I'd doubt anyone had a clue what he'd deem a foul and what not he really was random rather than consistent.

The Schlupp penalty was innocuous but a penalty nonetheless but, again, having ruled it a penalty there were worse challenges that went unpunished. For me he ruined the contest completely.

It was a robust game between two highly committed teams and I was left thinking I'd rather the referee had not made any of his crucial decisions and simply left the teams to slog it out between them. At least everyone would have known where they stood and realised that they had to do the job themselves rather than having the referee decide on whatever strange basis ran through his mind.

He seemed to be cherry picking....whatever he fancied giving at the time he did so, he is a very arrogant man and is a disgrace to the premier league.

So this ref has caused a huge argument in our house today. I hope he can afford to be sued for causing stress to someone in his care.

The Mrs didn't take too kindly to me shouting at the computer and telling the ref he had it all wrong. She then proceeded to have a go at me while my adrenaline is still rushing so I took my iPad with me somewhere else to watch it. Now this evening I've just had the third degree about how she is frustrated about being stuck in the house all weekend and that I should of offered to take her out. Well I'm sorry you had a go at me and told me to go somewhere else. Now you've just said I shouldn't have gone and taken you out after the football instead.

sounds like my gaff every weekend mate

stick to your guns

On tunnel cam, moss comes off after the game and doubles back to the tunnel entrance to say something to Andrew Neville whom he asks 'is that the secretary'. When he speaks to him, the sound is blanked out so it's clearly important. (And likely controversial). Seems he is unhappy about something that has gone on out there. When walshy comes off, Neville mentions something quietly to him. Looks like something will be in the refs report which isn't favourable to us. was anything thrown onto the pitch ?

Linesman had something launched at him around 91st minute

West Ham fan in peace (as the name implies). My view on the controversial incidents:

1) Vardy sending off: first yellow was very harsh, but I think it was given due to the nature of the challenges going in previously, not necessarily the challenge individually. Vardy knew what he was doing for the second, and shouldn't have done that if already on a yellow.

2) Reid penalty: can easily see why it was given, but don't like the consistency since these challenges happen all the time in the box by all teams. Think it was given due to the fact that he had warned both CBs a few times, and once right before the challenge.

3) Huth penalty appeal: if you give the Reid penalty, then you have to give this one. You could argue that maybe he didn't give it because our players hadn't had any previous offenses, but that shouldn't matter and I would have given it.

4) Schlupp penalty: never a pen, and I don't think anyone could argue that.

In the end, it was a great game between two entertaining sides, between arguably the two most charismatic and likable managers in the league. A draw was probably a fair result, but both sides could argue that the ref took the 2 points away from them. Hate to see a ref ruin what should have been a great spectacle for all.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I'm certainly rooting for you guys as a neutral. Please, please please please do not let Spurs catch you guys. Good luck to you lot, you certainly deserve it.

Cheers buddy I agree the ref spoiled the game

Good luck to you guys especially next season in your new stadium

Can you imagine what a pregnant referee would be like!

Archived