Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

I heard that it was a very scrappy game.

One point, is better that zero points.

All we can hope for is for Spurs to lose at Stoke, or even a draw.

If they get a win, we are still in the driving seat. So our destiny is still in our hands.

Who will step into Vardy's boots for the next 2 games?

Only a one game ban

Key incidents....

Huth clotheslines Reid in first half at 0-0 - Most nailed on penalty the whole game, and prevented reid from being in position to stop vardy scoring.

Vardy Yellows - For his 1st Kouyate falls over him, his second is a stupid dive when already on a yellow.

Reid penalty - as much a dive as vardy

Ogbonna on Huth - blatant penalty

Schlupp penalty - Buys it, he isn't fouled, 1/10 given, so not a pen.

Moss was incompetent, and i'll never forgive him for the most bizarre red card ive seen (Kasper at forest for kicking ball to half way line), but West Ham should feel more upset than us.

If this proves pivotal in this season's shake - up, it means Hollywood will need to include it in the film.

Any suggestions which actor plays Moss?

Adam Sandler - both are obviously out of their depth and not cut out for their professions.

I still can't get over this.

Vardy knocks it past the defender.

The defender holds on to his shoulder.

Vardy moves in front of the defender, still while having his shoulder pulled, and the legs tangle.

Whether Vardy intended to trip himself or not, he was being fouled by the defender who was holding his shoulder. Had the defender not held on to him, he'd have been able to run on to the ball and have a shot.

I don't get how people can't see this, and how they think he dived. He didn't, the legs clashed. Why? Because the defender was slowing him down.

Guest LCFC_World

I don't think I've ever wanted something more than this title win, well apart from obvious things in life and all that.

2nd just won't feel right after we've been top for so long. I just wish this season would finish so I know how it ends! Yes it's been fun but it's getting too much now! lol

West Ham fan in peace (as the name implies). My view on the controversial incidents:

1) Vardy sending off: first yellow was very harsh, but I think it was given due to the nature of the challenges going in previously, not necessarily the challenge individually. Vardy knew what he was doing for the second, and shouldn't have done that if already on a yellow.

2) Reid penalty: can easily see why it was given, but don't like the consistency since these challenges happen all the time in the box by all teams. Think it was given due to the fact that he had warned both CBs a few times, and once right before the challenge.

3) Huth penalty appeal: if you give the Reid penalty, then you have to give this one. You could argue that maybe he didn't give it because our players hadn't had any previous offenses, but that shouldn't matter and I would have given it.

4) Schlupp penalty: never a pen, and I don't think anyone could argue that.

In the end, it was a great game between two entertaining sides, between arguably the two most charismatic and likable managers in the league. A draw was probably a fair result, but both sides could argue that the ref took the 2 points away from them. Hate to see a ref ruin what should have been a great spectacle for all.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I'm certainly rooting for you guys as a neutral. Please, please please please do not let Spurs catch you guys. Good luck to you lot, you certainly deserve it.

West Ham fan in peace (as the name implies). My view on the controversial incidents:

1) Vardy sending off: first yellow was very harsh, but I think it was given due to the nature of the challenges going in previously, not necessarily the challenge individually. Vardy knew what he was doing for the second, and shouldn't have done that if already on a yellow.

2) Reid penalty: can easily see why it was given, but don't like the consistency since these challenges happen all the time in the box by all teams. Think it was given due to the fact that he had warned both CBs a few times, and once right before the challenge.

3) Huth penalty appeal: if you give the Reid penalty, then you have to give this one. You could argue that maybe he didn't give it because our players hadn't had any previous offenses, but that shouldn't matter and I would have given it.

4) Schlupp penalty: never a pen, and I don't think anyone could argue that.

In the end, it was a great game between two entertaining sides, between arguably the two most charismatic and likable managers in the league. A draw was probably a fair result, but both sides could argue that the ref took the 2 points away from them. Hate to see a ref ruin what should have been a great spectacle for all.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I'm certainly rooting for you guys as a neutral. Please, please please please do not let Spurs catch you guys. Good luck to you lot, you certainly deserve it.

Can't argue with any of that!

Especially the please please please please bit!..

Spuds winning the title is an unbearable thought!

I mean lets be honest, a combination of...

- Leicester supposedly getting everything off refs

- West Ham supposedly getting nothing off refs

- Tottenham having their ref changed this weekend on request of the fans

- The fact it's Jon Moss who has royally ****ed us before

...was only going to go one way. He's appalling. The worst ref in the division.

****ed off that we threw it but relieved to have not lost it. Completely lost our outlet when Vardy got subbed especially given the timing that Okazaki was about due to be taken off too. Ulloa did very well today but even so there's only so well he can play with his limitations (lack of pace the most notable).

To get a point from the position we did was phenomenal really. 10 men which were on the pitch to defend a 1-0 lead initially.

We will still win the league I feel, but next week just got a bit tougher without Vardy. I'll be absolutely sick if we draw that.

I wasn't too concerned in the game, I think if we hadn't given the penalty away we'd have held on. The referee was atrocious, completely hopeless performance in which both sides were affected.

To get a point in the circumstances is good, thought Ulloa did very well in holding the ball up and took his penalty excellently, our first goal was a great move and finish and generally I thought we played well. West Ham are a very tough side to play against and we are the only one of the top four not to lose to them.

Point closer, shame Vardy is out but the destiny still well in our hands. Fans today really stepped up to the mark too.

West Ham horrible club..a couple of their posters came a cross as decent guys in the pre match thread. Billic spent the whole match having a go at the 4th official, they came with a gameplay their players kept on going down edge of the box the whole afternoon..they were putting a lot of pressure on the Ref.. And it worked for them. Seems to be what a lot of the big clubs do to win games (ie arsenal way) though West Ham

Never will be big....we payed for their stadium...hope the rent goes up after a public enquiry. The vardy second yellow..it's no way a dive...so ref should no way send him off unless 100% sure, especially when his first was a harsh booking Payet and Reid should have had second yellows. After that the ref lost it especially with Carroll moaning about everything the second half.

They just came with one plan just to cheat. They might have helped Spurs win the league but they will always be in their shadow cause of it the cheats. Bilic always thought he was a top bloke but what I seen from him on the touchline. Bullying the 4th official the whole match.

• Both Vardy's bookings were a joke. The slide tackle was hardly malicious and he made very little contact if any. The second was unbelievable. No it's not a penalty but how on earth can you give a dive when there is clearly a massive tangle of legs that brings both players to the ground. We were well in control until then. Unforgivable. I hope we're not talking about that decision in years to come.
  • The West Ham penalty was even more disgusting. He's just booked Vardy for diving, when there was clear contact, yet gives Reid a penalty when he throws himself down as if shoved when actually he was just held for about 2 seconds. One of the more ridiculous dives I've seen in recent times. Flabbergasting.
  • Huth is then held by the throat. Like literally in a choke hold. Moss has a clear  view. He gives nothing.
  • With visions of being (justifiably) lynched before he can leave the ground and memories of that story from Brazil(?) where a referee was beheaded on the pitch after a bad game, Moss then gives another soft penalty in a desperate attempt to win favour with the disgruntled home fans.

I'm tempted to say it's a conspiracy after all this rubbish we're hearing in the media about decisions going our way (what are all these btw because I can't remember any?), but this fat tosser is dropping clanger after clanger every single week, so he must just be the worst referee ever.

After his performances both today and that day in 2011 at the City Ground he should never be allowed to referee us again (Spurs-esque twitter campaign anyone?). But I'll go even further than that; he shouldn't referee a professional football match again. He is that, inexcusably bad. He should do the decent thing and retire before he ruins any more people's weekends.

Fat, ugly waste of oxygen.

Archived