Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

Vardy shouldn't have been booked - unless you wanted to double book about threequarters of the players in outfield positions.

The foul on him was a clear penalty. The defender clearly put strong restraining hand on his shoulder in a deliberate attempt to stop him breaking clear and the fact that Vardy probably needn't have gone to ground as a result is irrelevent. He knew he'd been impeded in breaking for goal and wanted the fact acknowledged with a penalty.

Not convinced was a clear penalty, however I fully agree, if contact is made, the player been a professional has a duty to go down if he feels the contact is severe enough to impede progress.  Referee's will very rarely reward fouls when the player stays on their feet.

Not a complaint to Claudio but noticed once again Albrighton came off first before Mahrez, yet out of the two I thought this afternoon Albrighton was more effective. Mahrez I felt was not in the game as much as he liked I don't think. 

To be honest mahrez should have stayed on the full game, he did have a poor game but the difference is that mahrez like vardy is a match winner, he can have a an aweful 89 minutes but do some magic in the other minute.

Also albrighton didnt have a great game either, kante had one of his worst games for us as well.

I noticed in both this game and arsenal we react badly to going down to 10 meg, way too defensive.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36068882

Wow! Andy Carroll's got a some cheek there!

Of course he's right that the refereeing was appallingly inconsistent, but on balance Hammers came out of it hugely in credit. The sending off was the turning point in the match. Until then I thought we were cruising nicely with a good chance of another goal. Worst of all we lose Jamie for Swansea!

Whatever you think of the 2nd yellow, the 1st was outrageous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btOxPs3hGDA

Not sure there is any significant contact with Kouyate who then dives and rolls around on the floor. Looks as if Vardy might even have made contact with the ball. Either way, a foul at the very most, no way a booking.

We will never know what the result would have been if the match was refereed properly as Moss made it all about him. Spoiled a very good game.

Did i get it wrong or was there a pull back/foul on one of our players just before half time by a Hammers player already booked just before half time that Moss chose to ignore. Sad that this joker ruined the match for both sides and is the main topic of conversation, a good game ruined by his ineptitude.

Shearer got it spot on.

How people are denying its a dive is totally beyond me.  Must be some sort of weird group hysteria / hallucination.

Do people really want to believe something so much that they convince themselves its true?

Strange crowd

You're an idiot

Referee basically fvcked us for the whole second half - Reid and Payet quite clearly should have been sent off before you even start to look at the decisions that were actually made and the headline on the BBC website is... a West Ham player complaining about the referee.

I know they've had a tough run of it lately with officials but literally everything debatable bar the last minute pen went their way, along with a number of not particularly debatable calls. All inconsistencies (bookings for City players for diving, not for West Ham players, grappling punished on us, not on them) went their way.

I don't think any game we've got is going to be as difficult as this one was today. We bounced back after a hugely frustrating 10-man game at Arsenal. I think Spurs will win at Stoke but they're not the push-overs you're suggesting. And I still don't see Spurs as having the bottle that we do. Neither do Swansea and Everton appear to be huge challenges for us.

I think it's down to the team absorbing this game positively and stepping out with confidence next game. Vardy will be missed - and I hope there's an appeal. But the engine of the team is still intact and I think Gray would be an able substitute for Vards.

I am proud of what they've achieved yet they still have the big prize within their grasp - the outcome in their hands. Today's result seems like a disappointment but actually, as most of us have been warning, it's not going to be easy.

Guess what?

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but....

YOU CAN'T APPEAL 2 YELLOWS!!!.. ONLY A STRAIGHT RED!

I've just watched the West Ham penalty back and there's no more contact on Reid than there is on Vardy when Ogbonna pulls him back (before Vardy goes down).

Reid throws himself to the floor and gets a penalty. Morgan is hardly touching him, he's like a 14 year old at a school disco nervously trying to dance with a girl, he's sort of got his hands on his waist but he's not really got hold of him. Vardy goes to ground in a similarly theatrical manner and gets a second yellow card.

Unbelievably shit refereeing display.

I've now watched it over and over. First yellow was wrong but was his second missed sliding challenge and things were heating up so the ref tried to cool things down.

The second yellow wasn't a dive, he initiated contact and that resulted in both players going down. If anything Vardy fouled the defender by causing a tangle of legs and that's never a yellow. Was silly to even get involved in that situation though with the way the ref was acting.

None of the other penalties should have been given. What went on in the box happens every week and either needs stamping out early in the season or let the players get on with it both ways.

Not the 3 points we wanted but it's one more in our quest for the holy grail.

Thing is that Reid knew that all he had to do was fall over and Moss was going to give a penalty. Had Morgan actually been grappling with Reid, having just been warned, then fair enough and he'd be an absolute tit for doing it, but Morgan's barely touched him and he has thrown himself over.

Guest LCFC_World

Thing is that Reid knew that all he had to do was fall over and Moss was going to give a penalty. Had Morgan actually been grappling with Reid, having just been warned, then fair enough and he'd be an absolute tit for doing it, but Morgan's barely touched him and he has thrown himself over.

Seen this last night, and West ham fans thought they were robbed? He literally jumped forward with very minimal contact!

Ref had an absolute shocker.

Vardy is clearly looking for the foul. I wouldn't call it a dive. A dive for me is going over with no contact. He was trying to be clever and rightfully got booked. The first booking was a joke.

I thought Shearer was spot on last night. Why have refs waited until the 34th game to start giving penalties for grappling. Anywhere else on the pitch it is a foul so I haven't really got any complaint for them getting the penalty but how can you give Morgan and Huth a warning for grappling before giving a penalty. If its a foul its a foul. So either Refs have to give every grapple as a foul or none of them.

Both sides could have probably had 4 pens each. How you can give a penalty for one and not any of the others is shocking.

What a strike from Cresswell. Beautiful shot.

The ref clearly bottled it giving us the penalty for Schluup. Soft as anything.

Delighted to have got a point in the end. We still increased the gap. Over to Spurs now. If they bring it to 5 then fair play. Lets hope Stoke will respond to their loss to Liverpool

Christ Keith Hackett has laid into Moss. Apparently the top refs were not available as there was a fitness test arranged for this week and they wanted to keep the ref's fresh for that.

The organisation of PGMO is woeful. Before we get to our game, you have fans deciding ref appointments and the over-turning of decisions which has actually exposed a major divide in the referees. (Clattenburg is actively disliked by Riley, Riley was recently made a fool by Collina in the decision of England's selection for the Euros).

Yesterdays draw was all pre-planned.  

That referee knew to mess Leicester up he needs to send off Vardy, he will end up with a 3 match band without doubt and if he doesn't the referees knives will be out again for us anyway in our remaining games, either way we are on very thin ice till the end now.

Leicester becoming this fairy tale story has been massive for the advertisement for the premier league, now that everyone knows who one team is, now we going to see the refs create another mini miracle Spurs winning the league.  This all started with that Man u bus delay which was staged then the referee being taken off the Leicester match sent mixed reaction about us out then sending Vardy off awarding a penalty that was 50/50 all point towards someone behind the scenes controlling what is going to happen.

They want the drama finish, they are creating it at our expense, get ready for losing a year of your life through the twists and turns and the nerve shredding finale to this season.

We don't really have a say about what going to happen

Next game, Leo up top Mahrez in the hole, Jeffery on left wing

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is players don't get booked for 'diving' they get booked for 'simulation'. Now unless Vardy's a ****ing illusionist who has managed to con 32k and all television cameras into making it look like there was contact, I can't see how it can be called 'simulation'.

Sitting here waiting for his ban to be extended too. No doubt Moss is the type of Sunday League cvnt who puts through yellows for deliberate handball, of course he's going to include it in his report.

That does beg the question of the FA though, surely they can see from his performance that he's the most unreliable of witnesses going so why they're waiting for his account of events I'll never know. I'd throw his evidence out of court, ban Moss for life and reinstate Vardy for Swansea if I was them.

Christ Keith Hackett has laid into Moss. Apparently the top refs were not available as there was a fitness test arranged for this week and they wanted to keep the ref's fresh for that.

The organisation of PGMO is woeful. Before we get to our game, you have fans deciding ref appointments and the over-turning of decisions which has actually exposed a major divide in the referees. (Clattenburg is actively disliked by Riley, Riley was recently made a fool by Collina in the decision of England's selection for the Euros).

for how much is at stake its a fiasco... there has to be a complete overall of the way things are run   re: refereeing and offcials...every aspect of the billion pound business is being improved but we have semi amateurs in charge.

Too much going on about the ref here. Yes, he was bad, but we need to also analyse/rate/discuss the team performance in somewhat adverse circumstances... overall we played well and deserved a point at least.

We controlled the game well until the sending off. I thought Fuchs was at fault at least making two mistakes leading to the Antonio cross that lead to the creswell goal. Although overall played brilliantly in a hard game. Simpson was great against Payet for most of the game.

I thought Amartey should have been out closer to cresswell closing him down.

The big guys at the back will need to review their defending tactics for the swansea game, as the spotlight will be on Huth and Morgan at set pieces and corners no doubt. I can see Swansea trying to take advantage of that.

I thought Kante and Drinky had an average game as did Albrighton and Mahrez. Vardy was a threat all game and very unlucky to get sent off. Shinji does what he does, but will need to step up in the next game and do a bit more.

Was very impressed with the coolness showed by Ulloa when he came on, he actually held on to the ball and started some attacks in a calm manner. But in terms of attributes he is everything Vardy is not. So will be interesting to see what Ranieri does next game.

We are all pi**ed off at the refs performance, but we seriously need to look at our own players performance as well to identify the mistakes we made in the game. That's something we can affect and change. Crowd was good in mnost parts too, but was dissapointed to learn people were shuttling out with minutes to play. Even if we did lose - We need to back the players and lift them after such a hard game.

Yesterdays draw was all pre-planned.  

That referee knew to mess Leicester up he needs to send off Vardy, he will end up with a 3 match band without doubt and if he doesn't the referees knives will be out again for us anyway in our remaining games, either way we are on very thin ice till the end now.

Leicester becoming this fairy tale story has been massive for the advertisement for the premier league, now that everyone knows who one team is, now we going to see the refs create another mini miracle Spurs winning the league.  This all started with that Man u bus delay which was staged then the referee being taken off the Leicester match sent mixed reaction about us out then sending Vardy off awarding a penalty that was 50/50 all point towards someone behind the scenes controlling what is going to happen.

They want the drama finish, they are creating it at our expense, get ready for losing a year of your life through the twists and turns and the nerve shredding finale to this season.

We don't really have a say about what going to happen

Next game, Leo up top Mahrez in the hole, Jeffery on left wing

sadly I feel the same.. I always thought they would not allow us to win the thing.....

On balance of play I think a draw was fair, we had good spells but so did they, it would of been very hard to take if we had of lost. The referee got our penalty decision right, every other big decision he got badly wrong. Vardy did dive for me, but his first yellow was not deserved. Slightly mistimed and it wasn't dangerous or vicious in any way. The worst one was there penalty. That was an absolute joke from the referee.

That was up there with the Athletico Madrid game in terms of of ineptitude, I'll hold back from saying blatant cheating.

Forgetting the major incidents for a moment, even before them it was an utterly woeful display of decision making. So much so my half time prediction was that he'd send vardy off for diving and that he was itching to give them a penalty.

Archived