Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glen parva fox

Nigel Pearson Derby Manager three year deal

Struggling to make any excuses whatsoever. He had his break, got his thoughts together and took over an established club, with a decent fan base, good ground and a good squad of players at that level.

And he's making a complete fook up of it.

Getting rid of Martin seems strange? I know he needs time and if he gets it he'll prob turn them around. But at Derby, I doubt he'll get it.

I think he said after the Blackburn game that his team looked like they were playing with fear (or words to that effect).

Well you're the manager Nigel.....

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Struggling to make any excuses whatsoever. He had his break, got his thoughts together and took over an established club, with a decent fan base, good ground and a good squad of players at that level.

And he's making a complete fook up of it.

Getting rid of Martin seems strange? I know he needs time and if he gets it he'll prob turn them around. But at Derby, I doubt he'll get it.

I think he said after the Blackburn game that his team looked like they were playing with fear (or words to that effect).

Well you're the manager Nigel.....

Chris Martin is widely regarded as one of the biggest tits to ever lace up a pair of football boots to be fair.

I want Pearson to succeed, obviously he needs to turn it around soon, so longer then  end of October

Derby bosses  will not have the patience, nor the fans..

I am one of those weirdos...I want the Midland clubs to have success, with city being top of the tree.

Fed up of the London and Northern journos running the roost, a 10yr explosion of Midlands clubs

will do very nicely thankyou..With the foxes being at the forefront.

How I see it at the moment, Derby players, who are at least a top 6 championshipside, arent doing their

Own causes anygood or favours.They seem to get on the pitch but forget to turn up.

It is on Pearsons head to get it sorted, at whst ever levels and character they are going to need to show and produce.

From my side I say good luck and happy shearing...

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Chris Martin is widely regarded as one of the biggest tits to ever lace up a pair of football boots to be fair.

What's wrong with him?

Rarely goes in the ref's face over any decision against his team, seems alright in interviews with media in the past and probably above average for the Championship.

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What's wrong with him?

Rarely goes in the ref's face over any decision against his team, seems alright in interviews with media in the past and probably above average for the Championship.

Terrible work ethic on the pitch, you're more likely to see him walking around looking annoyed chewing his gum than actually trying to win the ball or putting any effort in.

Not the kind of player you want in your team if you want everyone to work for each other.

He inherited a decent team steeped in failure, the ability to win the league but not the bottle. That sort of mental failing needs time to correct. The danger is the players being brought in are being dragged down rather than pulling up the others.

I have followed very little of Derby other than the odd chuckle at results, if he is to stay then he needs the backing of the dressing room, if the majority have faith in him, he will turn it round. If they don't and they turn on him, he will not be able to win them over. Even during our bad runs you could see the players still wanted to play for him and that he would defend them to the hilt. He didn't give up on them, the majority of the squad didn't give up on him even when the fans had and the media had the knives out and it took time but we got the rewards.

If he has the players backing he will turn it around, if he hasn't Derby are fvcked.

Archived