Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glen parva fox

Nigel Pearson Derby Manager three year deal

Possibly the worst club that he could have gone too. They dont really know what they want.

They had a manager with a long term project in Clough that was doing well and they ditched him. That club does not know what it wants and Pearson is not a quick fix manager.

I can see this going badly wrong (not through any fault of Nigels though!).

How much money have Derby got?

People are making out he'll sign a whole new squad of ex City players. ..

lol

Isn't that Mel Morris bankrolling them? I don't think they're short of a bob or two

Guest FriendlyRam

How much money have Derby got?

People are making out he'll sign a whole new squad of ex City players. ..

lol

We're not that rich, Mel Morris has got decent coin but its not a bottomless pit we're talking, in the Championship we're a shark but in the prem? we'd be struggling for top half in the money department. 

Knockeart would finish me off... lol

We're not that rich, Mel Morris has got decent coin but its not a bottomless pit we're talking, in the Championship we're a shark but in the prem? we'd be struggling for top half in the money department.

Knockeart would finish me off... lol

But you're not in the prem? Surely you take it one step at a time?

Pleased for him that he got a new job (only) twelve months after his dismissal. I can only assume he had that one-year break forced upon him.

Wish Pearson all the best at Derby, why people can still be so bitter towards them is a mystery to me. They've bottled it for so many season in the Championship and care infinitely more about Forest, so why bother?

I do hope they finally get promoted so we can have the first East Midlands PL derby in like... ages.

Great appointment.

I for one will be celebrating in the stands and singing One Nigel Pearson loud as poss when he brings them to KPS and turns us over at whatever point in the next 2 seasons. He deserves it.

Good luck to a top guy - will always have the utmost respect for Nigel and what he did for this club. 

Can't say I'll be overly happy to see Derby starting to do well but I'm sure they will under Nigel and a small part of me wants to see him have further success - as long as it's never at our expense, I'm sure it won't be - Derby will always be an easy 6 points for us. 

I bet we will all be sheepishly looking for Derby results now( sorry couldn't resist). We owe this guy a lot, simple. Having said that there is no way in hell we would have got anywhere near winning the League with him in charge. The owners and senior management made a brave and inspired decision in letting him go and getting Ranieri in. Let's wish him well, he could well be perfect for Derby. Hopefully he will get them promoted so we have a nailed on six points off them in 2017/18

Pearson to Derby is like finding out an ex girlfriend, who you dumped for someone better but still actually quite liked, is going out with that kid at school you used to regularly beat the shit out of.

Great appointment.

I for one will be celebrating in the stands and singing One Nigel Pearson loud as poss when he brings them to KPS and turns us over at whatever point in the next 2 seasons. He deserves it.

So to be clear you're going to cheer for Derby when they beat us (lol) and chant for their manager. Take a step back and tell us, are you still a Leicester fan?

He'll do better for them than the recent few, probably finish play-offs due to the amount of quality there now then take them up with ease the following season, providing their chairman isn't some knee-jerky buffoon who'll chop if they're not promoted by christmas - which is likely to happen after what happened to Clement.

Mel Morris dismissed Clement very much against his will, but had no choice. Not dissimilar to the NP situation in that it was not football related.  

Wonder how many on here are now derby fans. 

Everyone. Close the forum.

Just because an old manager I like and respect has gone to another club we're all going to leave the club we've supported 10/20/30/40+ years to follow a former manager, right? :rolleyes:

If O'Neill turned around and went back to Forest I'd expect "good luck" comments, you can't take away what a successful manager has done for us.

Good luck to Nigel. I will always be grateful for his contribution to our football club. Not going to pretend otherwise if this was a year ago I'd have felt differently about it. However, winning the premier league makes all other football activities at other clubs fairly irrelevant to me now :-)

Question. Do you think he even asked Walsh and Shakey to work with him?

Archived