Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glen parva fox

Nigel Pearson Derby Manager three year deal

Although what's all this about?

'I am honoured to be named as manager of Derby County, which is one of the biggest clubs in the country". :cap:

Pretty much the standard guff they have to come out with these days

Although you would of thought better of big Nige ?

Maybe not :whistle:

Although what's all this about? 

'I am honoured to be named as manager of Derby County, which is one of the biggest clubs in the country".  :cap: 

I think he meant county.

I will watch Derby's results with interest next season, and do still hold NP in high regard.

However, I hope Derby never ever get back to the top division anytime in the next 100 years. Can't stand the club.

Sorry for the split infinitive before the grammar police have a go!

Disappointed he's gone there and certainly won't be wishing them well.

Cracking appointment for them though if they have the patience to let him do his job. Only a matter of time until they're in the prem.

I can only assume some of the kids on here ain't been subjected to the very hostile atmosphere of the old Baseball ground?

That said, some of the old rivalries have all but gone. It's all very PC these days.

As one of the 'older generation', the thought of going to support the sheep shaggers JUST because Pearson is there....makes me go cold! I still remember the 'Robert Maxwell/Arthur Cox' song..

lol lol

One of my favourite songs of all time.

Wonder if it can another run out with changed lyrics for NFP.

Ooh the NFP police will be on my back.

You post some interesting analysis sometimes but I think in this thread you're trying way too hard...

Do you mean Leicester City fans? Because we wouldn't be in this position without him, I don't understand how so many narrow-minded people cannot see that.

edit: And I'm not talking about "it's Pearson's team". I'm talking about actually being in the division, getting rid of our deadwood and overpaid shite (twice) and getting us out of that dreaded third tier at the first attempt.

Do you mean Leicester City fans? Because we wouldn't be in this position without him, I don't understand how so many narrow-minded people cannot see that.

edit: And I'm not talking about "it's Pearson's team". I'm talking about actually being in the division, getting rid of our deadwood and overpaid shite (twice) and getting us out of that dreaded third tier at the first attempt.

No, I was talking about those on here who see the use of 'NFP' rather than 'Nigel' as being derogatory when it was never meant to be.

I know it depends on where in Leicestershire you're from, but I simply can't see Derby as a big rivalry. Derby's not even very close to Leicester. They despise Leeds and Forest anyway.

Good luck to Pearson, never liked the way he came across as a person, but purely as a football manager I can't understand how any Leicester fan wouldn't hold him in the highest regard.

Was worried he'd go to Forest, a club that has declined somewhat, controlling owner and strange fans with nothing to talk about apart from the 1980's success with Clough senior.

Think Derby are more respectful/understanding to us and are doing things right in terms of background situation.

Was worried he'd go to Forest, a club that has declined somewhat, controlling owner and strange fans with nothing to talk about apart from the 1980's success with Clough senior.

Think Derby are more respectful/understanding to us and are doing things right in terms of background situation.

lol how? Shitloads spent over the last few summers and sacking at least 1 manager per season?

Watching old NP interviews from last season are still funny even now.

"Nigel have you thought of taking anger management courses"

Shrugs his shoulders "have you"

lol lol

I can see why people outside of Leicester wouldn't have time for him but I honestly can't will never get my head around why there are Leicester City fans who can't stand him.

The man is a complete legend. 

Where do you sit?  ;)

Oh you win mate, too sharp for me I've been rumbled, I've only been pretending to be a Leicester fan so I could post about Nigel Pearson on this forum for the last 5 years.

Deary me. You honestly can't be older than 14 the way you post sometimes, it's embarrassing.

Good luck to him, top bloke, built a solid platform for us and didn't take any shit. Legend we wouldn't be where we are now without him imo... However now he's signed for this shower of shite he can do what he likes I won't be backing him while he's manager of these sheep shaggers.

I can only assume some of the kids on here ain't been subjected to the very hostile atmosphere of the old Baseball ground?

That said, some of the old rivalries have all but gone. It's all very PC these days.

As one of the 'older generation', the thought of going to support the sheep shaggers JUST because Pearson is there....makes me go cold! I still remember the 'Robert Maxwell/Arthur Cox' song..

lol lol

Totally agree Col

That song lol

I absolutely cringe at the thought of the hostility of Leicester vs Derby being replaced with some cricket applause for Nigel Pearson.

Yes he was good for us but its been a year and we've won the league. You'd have thought the bumlove would have stopped.

I absolutely cringe at the thought of the hostility of Leicester vs Derby being replaced with some cricket applause for Nigel Pearson.

Yes he was good for us but its been a year and we've won the league. You'd have thought the bumlove would have stopped.

On here? Not a cat in Hells chance..

Apparently Derby have a good academy set-up.

As Nigel has nurtured/improved some youngsters at LCFC and elsewhere, he could have a look at one or two youngsters in the Summer and also make Will Hughes more effective.

• 3 months later...

Gotta be gone soon surely?

We all know what Derby are like, they don't give managers very long at the best of times.

Lost again to Blackburn of all doggo teams, after going 1 up aswell!

I've kept saying he'll turn it round if Derby give him time, but gotta admit (And this is looking from the outside in, purely on results, lack of goals, e.t.c) if I was a Derby fan i'd be twitching.

Whilst it's Derby, I do want him to turn it around because I don't care what anyone says he's a legend to me.

Anyone know how he's dealing with the media at Derby? I've not seen alot, the odd press conference snippet on SSN, how's he dealing with the local BBC Derby reporters? For all some people hated how he dealt with the media whilst here I loved it.

Archived