Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glen parva fox

Nigel Pearson Derby Manager three year deal

Although what's all this about? 

'I am honoured to be named as manager of Derby County, which is one of the biggest clubs in the country".  :cap: 

Delusions of grandeur Nige.

Guest LCFC_World

They're going up next season, no doubt about it. Then, they will win the league the season after ...

Guest FriendlyRam

Mel Morris dismissed Clement very much against his will, but had no choice. Not dissimilar to the NP situation in that it was not football related.  

This 

Clement was boring, the football was so plain it was like watching paint dry, the man himself was plain and very demotivating imo, the players just didn't look interested at all during his time here.. how we got to the top of the league was a mystery because we'd played pretty poor all season up to that point, and the performance against Forest at their gaffe was so bad it was unforgivable, slow turgid emotionless passionless tripe, some of you guys were laughing at how bad we were in that game despite spending 25m quid. Then there was the whole rumour he was sticking his todger in another players wife.. You only have to look at the send off he got.... not one of our players wished him well and he didn't wish us well either, something happened behind the scenes that's for sure. 

NP is the complete opposite.. That's what is exciting us lot at the sheep den lol

We're trying to keep a level head because we know he's got work to do in making some changes, our lot need to stay of his back and not whine and boo, our fans at the ipro are an impatient bunch of idiots unfortunately, we're the most cynical fans in the country almost, it wont take long for a few prats to start mouthing at him... but their not dealing with Scteeeve, Waffle and Clement now are they ;) 

Hey! We can now have the Nigel Pearson trophy!

Like Derby and Forest have the Brian Clough trophy, always been jealous of that, we can finally get involved!!

Nige is a much better gaffer aswell. Would be more prestigious.

Watching old NP interviews from last season are still funny even now.

"Nigel have you thought of taking anger management courses"

Shrugs his shoulders "have you"

lol lol

The Ostrich interview will go down in history.

Nothing really suggested sarcasm, but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong! Apologies to Ralph if so.

I thought you had read the sarcasm and replied with sarcasm which I thought was hilarious.

Watching old NP interviews from last season are still funny even now.

"Nigel have you thought of taking anger management courses"

Shrugs his shoulders "have you"

lol lol

haha he is one of the greatest men in the history of the sport. leicester legend. 

Guest CityFan 06

Think if Pearson brought Derby to the KP in the near future he'd get a similar reaction to what Ranieri got going back to Chelsea.

Probably right there, John. Was a major part in making our club what it is now.

Good luck to Nigel. I will always be grateful for his contribution to our football club. Not going to pretend otherwise if this was a year ago I'd have felt differently about it. However, winning the premier league makes all other football activities at other clubs fairly irrelevant to me now :-)

Question. Do you think he even asked Walsh and Shakey to work with him?

lol Love that

Good appointment for Derby, they dont need much  improvement to be a promotion outfit.

lol

Good old Bob!

I remember a time when we used to DESPISE Derby. Now it's all 'good luck to them cos Pearson has gone there'

This, beyond me how this Derby love has suddenly started. If MON or Ranieri went to co* I wouldn't be wishing them luck.

Teams, whether loved or loathed, always come before individuals.

No mate im a Big Nige fan. Celebrated Ravanelli's goal in our end at Wembley like mad back in '97 and got a right pasting. Worth it tho.

Where do you sit?  ;)

When we have a free Saturday and Derby are at home I might go down there and support Nige & the boys.

I do hope you're on a wind up.

Hopefully he won't get them promoted, should he do, then I expect a round of applause when he appears then dogs abuse for him and his team for the rest of the game.

Not  really sure why they sacked Clement to be honest. Yeah the football might not have been great, but if you trust a man with a plan, why undo it all after a few months?

If the plan is to  give Pearson 3 years or whatever his contract is, why was Clement only afforded the luxury of a few months? just seems strange

This, beyond me how this Derby love has suddenly started. If MON or Ranieri went to co* I wouldn't be wishing them luck.

Teams, whether loved or loathed, always come before individuals.

Where do you sit? ;)

I do hope you're on a wind up.

Hopefully he won't get them promoted, should he do, then I expect a round of applause when he appears then dogs abuse for him and his team for the rest of the game.

I can only assume some of the kids on here ain't been subjected to the very hostile atmosphere of the old Baseball ground?

That said, some of the old rivalries have all but gone. It's all very PC these days.

As one of the 'older generation', the thought of going to support the sheep shaggers JUST because Pearson is there....makes me go cold! I still remember the 'Robert Maxwell/Arthur Cox' song..

lol lol

Archived