Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glen parva fox

Nigel Pearson Derby Manager three year deal

Guest FriendlyRam

I've never been so happy at a appointment in my time as a Derby fan. Just what we need at this club, we'll need to give him the full 3 years at the very least though. there's a lot of crap to be moved on and we aren't exactly in good standing with FFP, so its a case of a slow rebuild and getting rid of the dross slowly and replacing them with pleyers with bottle, won't be a short fix imo.. I think Mel Morris has realised this though and that's why we wont be throwing money around like confetti again, he's made a statement hiring NP and I for one applaud him for it. Its weird actually wanting us to be more prudent and careful with the money we spend lol, but we have become an easy touch for selling clubs, when you go out and throw 6m quid on Bradley Johnson you know there's something wrong with the scouting ffs. 

I've never been so happy at a appointment in my time as a Derby fan. Just what we need at this club, we'll need to give him the full 3 years at the very least though. there's a lot of crap to be moved on and we aren't exactly in good standing with FFP, so its a case of a slow rebuild and getting rid of the dross slowly and replacing them with pleyers with bottle, won't be a short fix imo.. I think Mel Morris has realised this though and that's why we wont be throwing money around like confetti again, he's made a statement hiring NP and I for one applaud him for it. Its weird actually wanting us to be more prudent and careful with the money we spend lol, but we have become an easy touch for selling clubs, when you go out and throw 6m quid on Bradley Johnson you know there's something wrong with the scouting ffs. 

Christ. Bradley Johnson cost you as much as we got N'golo Kante and Mahrez for. 

Guest CityFan 06

Best of luck to him at Derby. He's a great manager, but patience is key. He rebuilt us within a few years and gave us success, and is a major reason why Leicester are where we are now. It's a good fit, the right club for him I feel. 

Who will he get rid of first then?

I'm going for Darren Bent.

Bradley Johnson.

Tom Ince could go either way. He'll either flog him to Fulham or he will make sure Ince finds his bollocks wherever he left them and knuckle down.

We all love nigel for the job he did for us over 2 spells and I'd argue he is one of the most important manager's in our history.

But his shortcomings and stubbornness were badly exposed in the premier league from his curt attitude to some journalists and I stress some to his tactical ineptitude. Unfortunately rightly or wrongly he gained a bad media profile due to these outbursts which may well have put of suitors in the premier league. He might well feel he should have had an opportunity in the premier league.

Signing a 3 year deal suggests the agreement of a 3 year plan for promotion and I hope that he's given the time he needs to build a title winning side. There are some Pearson type players already there but I expect he'll be shipping out some of the overrated wastermen in the squad.

I wish him well and it will be interesting to see him back on the touchline (or stand!) next season.

I think it's a lack of opportunity in the premier league rather than people viewing him as a poor manager due to him being a Little tactically inept and a media disaster, at times, let's remember through it all 14th place with 41 points is what we ended up with and that had to be viewed as a success over all. Plus It set the platform for the most amazing season I'll probably ever witness.

He should do well at Derby but I wouldn't expect miracles over night.

Good appointment for them, good job for him. Having someone he knows who is already there (Phillips) and taking someone very popular (Powell) are advantages too.

Hope he does well so long as it's not at our expense.

Can't wait for the Press interviews. We've got Llamas in a field down the road ... just an idea for a mention if the ostrich thing's getting dated.   

Not sure why derby county got rid of Darren Wassall...he brought them all the way up to fifth place, after taking over in February. Anyway, Pearson will have a difficult task ahead of him. Anything less than fifth will be considered a step back. I hope they give him time, but in today's age it doesn't seem likely. Good luck to him.

Didn't Pearson want Johnson here a long time ago? Unless he's on huge wages i think he'll get something out of him.

When we were in League One? Didn't Johnson reject us for Leeds? 

(If I recall correctly).

Archived